Page 73 of 152 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3783
    Just trying to throw some stoke into this thread!

Eastern NV looking decently covered right now. Rubies seem to have more than we do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 10.49.28 AM.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	989.3 KB 
ID:	224269

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Just trying to throw some stoke into this thread!

Eastern NV looking decently covered right now. Rubies seem to have more than we do.
    You been out east recently, wobby? Also, anyone know why this looks deeper than the snotel data for the rubies?

Debating driving to the rubies, heading south, and making a haul up to McCall over the long weekend. Apparently in Idaho they're getting something called snow? Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    You been out east recently, wobby? Also, anyone know why this looks deeper than the snotel data for the rubies?
    The map is based on satellite data I believe, so there are frequently some discrepancies between it and the snotel data. However, a lot of the Ruby snotel sites are between 7000 and 8000 feet which isn't that high. A bulk of the range is 8000-11000 ft, which is probably what we're seeing as purple (deeper) on the map. Otherwise it seems like snotel checks out, saying 20-30 inches down low.

I honestly don't know what it will be like, though Ruby Heli page says good. Haven't been out east in over a month, as I bailed to Japan. Trying not to overload this sad Tahoe thread with too much stoke from other places (but yeah....book tickets now if you can).

Name:	IMG_0179.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	606.4 KB 
ID:	224291

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	807.7 KB 
ID:	224292

plenty more untracked at alpine today
    life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	807.7 KB 
ID:	224292
    Reminds me of a Kirkwood day about 10 maybe 12 years ago. On the morning sno-phone, Cohee claimed 8 feet overnight (remember sno-phone?)
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Reminds me of a Kirkwood day about 10 maybe 12 years ago. On the morning sno-phone, Cohee claimed 8 feet overnight (remember sno-phone?)
    Ah the good old days when Tahoe got snow and plenty of it. And the debate was if Kirkwood did actually get 8 feet overnight. I don’t think Kirkwood got 8 feet of snow all season, especially not at the base.

Actually KW is reporting 98” this season. At Caples Crest Snow Stake. So, just a hair over. Much less at TC. This is the Vail Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Ah the good old days when Tahoe got snow and plenty of it.
    Or, like, last year.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The wind groomer was out today. What was 3-4" of blower over a variable base yesterday was creamy bottomless wind buff in ne trees today. Tracks and skinner totally reset

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Or, like, last year.
    Touché, but one good year (that may have been the best ever if not for all the rain) since 2011 is not that great. And last year I don’t recall Kirkwood getting an 8 foot dump but I do remember quite a bit more rain than 10 or 12 years ago.

Touché, but one good year (that may have been the best ever if not for all the rain) since 2011 is not that great. And last year I don’t recall Kirkwood getting an 8 foot dump but I do remember quite a bit more rain than 10 or 12 years ago.
    How big a given winter is depends on what elevation you look at. Last year at lake level snow fall was respectable but not huge, due to the amount of rain. The winter was more notable for power outages. The year before was even less impressive at lake level--Tahoe got more rain than snow. The biggest snow year at my house was early 90's--can't remember what year exactly, when there were 10 feet on the ground by March. That year roofs were collapsing, propane tanks exploding. 81-82 and 82-83 were also huge. 2011 was not notable by comparison. We will continue to have wet years and dry years (although some meteorologists believe warming will result in more RRR's) but the snow line will continue to go higher and higher.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Just checking in from Japan, was hoping things might be turning around back home, fack!

Been snowing non stop here and cold as hell with no end in sight!
    I think I speak for all of us when I say: Go fuck yourself.

In a really jealous voice.
    not counting days 2016-17

Curious to hear how mtnlion and Skibee's first day went at Tahoe // squawvalley international mountain resort
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Curious to hear how mtnlion and Skibee's first day went at Tahoe // squawvalley international mountain resort
    I'm wondering if they opted for the newish Taco Bell in TC for meals and shunned the collective

The other day, I overheard a few people talking about how last year wasn’t “perfect”, because the snow was heavy and wet.

My immediate thought was; these guys need a pair of Billy Goats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    The other day, I overheard a few people talking about how last year wasn’t “perfect”, because the snow was heavy and wet.

My immediate thought was; these guys need a pair of Billy Goats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I am not talking about heavy snow. How would the Billy Goats be last February when the snow levels where over 9k for three days straight and it was pouring rain at all the resorts? Because another colder storm came in after that one, people forgot all the rain.

Windy in Bay Area. Must be howling on the crest.

^^^ Not at Rose. Sunny & cold.
    Good skiing today. Chalky bumps.
    Some patches of blower to make it fun.
    Again lucked out finding a wee zone in the trees that had been ignored.
    Mineshaft maybe?
    Breadcrumbs?
    Sure, but we'll take it.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Name:	SROKIS18_OGLM_SRP15574.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	224471

^^^ looks lovely.
    Elsewhere of course, but puts me in mind of pipeline(?) in Killibrew.
    ...Not this year tho.

Warmer out, huh?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I think I speak for all of us when I say: Go fuck yourself.

In a really jealous voice.
    Was sure hoping things back home would turn around while I was gone. In route to Pyeongchang now to root for our athletes.

But since you told me to fuck off, this is what you get, holy shit it was a much needed and amazing trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics of course. A question, did you earn those turns or lift assist ? Personally can't imagine climbing up in that

I'm just going to post this one more thing, and then never mention Japan in this thread again. I promise.

Headed out into the Great Basin for the weekend, will report back. Happy snow hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Great pics of course. A question, did you earn those turns or lift assist ? Personally can't imagine climbing up in that
    We had all our gear every day, but it never stopped dumping and the visibility was crap. But with the exception of a couple leg warming runs first thing we would spend the rest of the day doing side country out the gates, did have to bust some trail a couple times being the first in some zones out some flat bottom’s but it was so light it was relatively easy.

Short clip of my lady choking on pow
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 02-16-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Short clip of my lady choking on pow
    Looks like it was a bit deeper than when I was out there. Didn't want to leave because we saw the next storm forecast! Where were you at?