Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by retsalb View Post
    Interesting call by Andy Wirth/KSL/Squaw Valley to have someone currently charged with felony assault (Placer County Superior Court Case# 72-010366) to headline their gondola video...

Would think that would run counter to the "family-friendly" vibe they are trying to promote in so much of their marketing. Did the higher ups at the new Aspen-KSL-Mammoth-Intrawest conglomerate approve of this?
    domestic abuse in fact. If the NFL suspends players for that shouldn't SV?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    domestic abuse in fact. If the NFL suspends players for that shouldn't SV?
    Wrong. NFL suspends for speaking out about police violence and racism. You don't want to flaunt any politics that run afoul of your conservative corporate leadership.

I think you could swap Squaw for NFL in this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Fame just turns people into assholes and squaw has plenty of those cool kid assholes.
    People should take a real stand and stop supporting people who pull this shit. Don't go their movies, buy their gear, or support their foundations. No one changes behavior unless it affects their pocket book. I suspect nothing will change because the standards are so low at squaw that no one cares if you hit women, cheat on your wife, or pull a drunk hit at run in the parking lot. If you are a local pro people give you pass because these people are so........
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

I can't believe he's a pro. I'm totally better than him.

At not hitting ladies.

Ducking douchnozzle.

Worth noting the not guilty plea. May not want to jump to conclusions. Just saying...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Worth noting the not guilty plea. May not want to jump to conclusions. Just saying...
    Certainly, the legal process absolutely should be given time to play out. Whether or not these charges hold up in court, I'm sure PCSO wouldn't have made this arrest and filed these charges if a serious incident hadn't occurred, so hopefully Mr. Holmes will spend some time addressing/getting whatever help he needs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

However, I still question why Squaw would prominently be featuring him in their marketing at this moment. Perhaps they should let the legal process play out as well? There are plenty of other squaw "celebs" they can choose from for their marketing videos while the legal process plays out. I hope Squaw holds its sponsored athletes to higher standards than just skiing ability. These are people who are role models for kids in the skiing community. Looking at Mr. Holmes' social media, I haven't seen a single apology or anything else addressing these charges.

And while the NFL sucks, even their standards these days would almost certainly mean someone facing charges like these would be suspended. Same with the other major sporting leagues in this country...even hollywood and the media seem to be coming around to facing the issues with assault as we've seen in the past few weeks. (I guess this is still lacking in politics...so not surprising that Tahoe Trump wouldn't seem to have any issue with this at his resort).

So once again, I merely ask whether Squaw Valley Resort, which claims to be so invested in the well being of our community, is showing respect to it by featuring someone in their marketing video who is currently charged with assault. And hey, maybe other people in this community have different feelings about this, but seems like a discussion we should at least be having, instead of just ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug. But of course if any of the local media asked about it, they would almost certainly be labeled by Mr. Wirth as libelers and slanderers.

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by retsalb View Post
    Certainly, the legal process absolutely should be given time to play out.

And while the NFL sucks, even their standards these days would almost certainly mean someone facing charges like these would be suspended.
    Sean Smith is currently facing charges for a vicious assault in July and is also currently being given the benefit of the doubt, literally. No fine or suspension by the league as far as I can tell. I'm sure Squaw would like to avoid looking like a league that whiteballs a player for protest yet keeps violent individuals employed. I am just realizing that the decision to keep using JT despite the charges is definitely Andy's and that data something about corporate culture at Squaw, raising the question, what other parts of the fish are rotten?

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Wirth has a gay crush on JT, isn’t it obvious? NTTAWWT.

Ok enough of that nonsense. How about this forecast for next weekend and beyond?

Almost forgot the focus of this thread:

good point. my bad. certainly possible he's guilty. certainly possible she is and/or is making it up. My wife went on a diving trip and forgot to equalize her mask pressure. Wound up with 2 black eyes. Plus she collects bruises the same way she collects shit from the thrift shops. If she ever gets pissed enough at me I'm screwed.
    My BIL, 6'4 and 280 was beat on by his Chinese hooker/wife--5'4 120# at the most. They actually arrested her and she spent a couple of weeks in jail before she suckered someone into bailing her out. When the case went to court the judge threw it out though, despite the recording my BIL made of the incident. And then she stiffed the lawyer and people who posted her bond. Real piece of work.

Anyone lose a single Völkl Shiro at Northstar?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I find the idea of bringing a Volkl Shiro to Northstar inherently amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I find the idea of bringing a Volkl Shiro to Northstar inherently amusing.
    Maybe they only brought the one to make it interesting

Maybe they only brought the one to make it interesting
    That was the best explanation I could derive.
    not counting days 2016-17

Doesn’t a big fat ski make sense there when you’re trying to make it back through the flats and keep up your momentum?

Doesn’t a big fat ski make sense there when you’re trying to make it back through the flats and keep up your momentum?
    As long as it’s soft, like Hellbents or other K2s.
    I hate riding fat chargers on flats.

Didn’t you have a video of you riding 193 C&Ds at northstar??
    A big ski like that needs some steeper slopes to work it’s magic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dammm double posts! I’ve done this twice this week.

Black and greenish 183 with marker binding?

Almost forgot the focus of this thread:

I don't think ya'll have to worry. My ankle is in a cast until almost December. Of course it is gonna dump early.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Truc...7106777344262/

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    Black and greenish 183 with marker binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    As long as it’s soft, like Hellbents or other K2s.
    I hate riding fat chargers on flats.

Didn’t you have a video of you riding 193 C&Ds at northstar??
    A big ski like that needs some steeper slopes to work it’s magic.

Well... yeah, of course. It was the end of April and I just wanted to use them. And I will say they did carry me through the front side flats quite well, especially since it was about a foot of heavy spring powder.

Well... yeah, of course. It was the end of April and I just wanted to use them. And I will say they did carry me through the front side flats quite well, especially since it was about a foot of heavy spring powder.
    Do you still have them?? If so, make a video of them at squaw this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Do you still have them?? If so, make a video of them at squaw this year.

Yes, I’ve only used them once. Won’t be at Squaw much but I’m sure they’ll come in handy during a few deep days at Sugar Bowl.