Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3783
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ...it’s going to be good.
    Hah! and Arrgh!!
    ...that's why our Suby decided to play dead this evening then...
    [oh how we laughed]

Friday's gonna be the better day anyway, amirite?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The joy of car ownership. Any chaos as a new homeowner yet? You guys might as well just go for it and have a kid.
    🤪🤣
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Singing "...promised you a miracle" as it pops out?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

another virgin birth
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Friday's gonna be the better day anyway, amirite?
    Maybe not better but I suspect it’ll be pretty nice too if the hourly forecast holds up. It’s supposed to snow past midnight tomorrow.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Raining nicely on the coast. 3/10" puts us near the top end of our forecast, so hopefully that happens in the mountains as well. Rainfall rates for the past hour have been impressive for a weak system.

Putting these out one at a time. I keep yelling at MashedPotatoes to jump off shit. If he complained, I'd whack my pole, scream "its all powder," and then state, I would do it myself, expect for my healing ankle. On our 2nd run, we headed out on Sentinel traverse, and pulled up to make a plan. Patrol pulled up, and asked if we wanted to break trail to pop the sign line. First ones in, and in from the top, made for a great 2nd run. And yes, I made him hike a bunch too.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    RIP patroller Joe Zuiches, one year on.

Great article on Joe out today, penned by Megan Michelson. I'm gonna have to go out and pay some respects to that plaque.

https://www.rei.com/blog/snowsports/...-mikki-zuiches
    Thanks for posting.

6 inches at Donner Lake since it started snowing about 2 1/2 hour ago. Snowing hard enough I can't see the lights across the lake. I guess that means our contractor isn't going to show tomorrow.

It's been raining super hard in SF, Sugar Bowl snow stake looking good...god damn work, and can't come up this weekend
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

After years of being kicked out for no apparent reason, I’m back here! Let me say if all days one thanks for the snow so far and two all the tributes to Joe Z, are truely touching. I didn’t the the man but the whole situation is just heartbreaking. I’m thankful for every day I get to slide on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    I also sacrificed to the ski gods by planning an out of town ski trip the third week of this month. This usually without fail, results with it dumping back home while I am gone....
    Worked just like a charm! Have fun skiing the freshies Gents, I’ll be on East Coast bulletproof this weekend.

you know when you're skinning out red lake road and there's that rock under the road but you always have your skins on
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  170.3 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Wonderful tribute regarding Joe Zuiches. Thank you for sharing.

5" has penetrated the weather shield in Kings Beach and it's snowing hard. Gratitude.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Just blew a foot of angel dust off the drive and it's clear sky's at my pad in south lake, today will be tasty...

Calm winds KW. Clear the whole drive from BA. Clouds reconstituting.

That looks tasty. Calling it 16”.

Ten closed for Eagle Poachers. Picture is four runs deep off Sentinel. Sparse crowd. Perfect boarder snow just slightly wind affected.

After skiing bumps at Squaw this weekend with the family, I may stick around and hit Kirkwood sidecountry on Monday if anyone is interested. Thinking hot laps in West Shore/Cali chute with end of day Thunder to Spur.

Hey skiing parents, does anyone have a lead on babysitters in the Truckee or North Lake area for Saturday or Sunday? I'm planning on skating Royal Gorge pulling my kid in a pulk both days, but it sure would be nice to get some downhill skiing in. My wife is working all weekend, so I'm solo parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Hey skiing parents, does anyone have a lead on babysitters in the Truckee or North Lake area for Saturday or Sunday? I'm planning on skating Royal Gorge pulling my kid in a pulk both days, but it sure would be nice to get some downhill skiing in. My wife is working all weekend, so I'm solo parenting.
    Might want to post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TruckeeTahoePeople/
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    http://netasnannies.com/

You never know unless you go.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Also try Urbansitter.com - our friend started it and slowly have added sitters in the Tahoe area.

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions, guys!