Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3783
    so much jibber-jabber about tomorrow.
    Today's mood was between awesome and fucking awesome at the Wood. Untracked ALL day.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    so much jibber-jabber about tomorrow.
    Today's mood was between awesome and fucking awesome at the Wood. Untracked ALL day.
    Gotta love the wood!

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Gotta love the wood!
    Started off sunnyish and finished with enough K-factor to make it hard to see where to go if you didn't already know. Didn't have to stress or work much type of day.
    Gotta love those days "why thank you"
    #todaywasagoodday

Name:  whiteout.png
Views: 657
Size:  471.1 KB
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Coming down fast in CC, of all places.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180315_221940.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	228470
    See 88 is closed at silver lake "due to snow".

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I should’ve gone to Kirkwood today. Skied out of the stateline gate and was surprised how bad coverage was. Oh well. Tomorrow should be rad.

DAM!

Cannot sleep, have to start working in 2 hours. It's snowing like hell! everywhere.

8 hours to the rope drop. QQQQ!!!!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Looks like Mount Rose Hwy is currently closed from the Lake to Galena. Sweet.

Per NDOT site-Road Closed - on SR-431 from State Route 28 to Douglas Fir Drive in Nevada.

Haven't gone out yet, but looking outside, we've got about 2' overnight in Galena Forest. Going to be doing a lot of snow clearing before we can drive anywhere.

I wonder if Mt Rose will be able to open today.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Still snowing in S. Lake. Looks like the spur is closed with chain control over luther

Patrol was checking out the 6'+ crown in Estelle bowl yesterday around 11 while I was skiing knee+ deep. What a great day.

Havnt seen a storm drop this much snow with so little wind in a bit. Snow falling straight down on east side and accumulating where prevailing winds usually blow it clean. Sensors are saying there is big wind on west shore but it's calm over here. Plan accordingly
    Yeah jorion, the lower heave sidecountry lost a lot of snow this past week. We skinned out of palisades couple days ago cuz of that
    Soooooooo..........how much snow fell in the valley?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I wonder if Mt Rose will be able to open today.
    Good call. Closed today. Oh well.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Surprised by the wind showing on sensors on west shore. Haven't seen any wind at all in Tahoe City area. Like gimpy said, I can't recall snow this deep without lots of wind around my house for quite a while

...and 80 closed from colfax to nv line...

Rose flipped and is opening at 11. But road remains closed from tahoe.

Not looking promising for open chairs and terrain at squalpine today ... decisions decisions ...

Getting multiple reports from friends that they can't even get to cal base cuz roads so fucked. Just finished shoveling 2.5-3' up here at 7,700'

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not looking promising for open chairs and terrain at squalpine today ... decisions decisions ...
    This will just ramp up the frenzy tomorrow! Whoever is there, make sure cameras are rolling for running of the bulls part 2. Keep your head on a swivel!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I still dont quite understand why lifts cant open? I dont mean to sound like a douchebag, but I have skied 20” days at Big Sky and at Jackson Hole.. right after it dropped. Lifts open at 10am, maybe 1 hour delay, but they do open. I remember waking up in Teton Village at first light, because they were firing off all the guns to get the mountain operational by 9am, after a big dump.

Does squalpine not have enough staff to get everything rolling the morning (or even the day) after big dumps? What about all those videos I see of people going big off the fingers, after huge dumps, how do they time that? They just wait and get lucky that they are in line when it opens?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How does this happen? The truckee is pretty far from the road on that stretch. Do u mean “between Tahoe city and squaw”?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I still dont quite understand why lifts cant open? I dont mean to sound like a douchebag, but I have skied 20” days at Big Sky and at Jackson Hole.. right after it dropped. Lifts open at 10am, maybe 1 hour delay, but they do open. I remember waking up in Teton Village at first light, because they were firing off all the guns to get the mountain operational by 9am, after a big dump.

Does squalpine not have enough staff to get everything rolling the morning (or even the day) after big dumps?

Considering what happend last week or so I'm thinking protocol is that much more strict. And they're looking at 57" in 3 days. Pretty dynamic snowpack going on.

It's going to be so good. Enjoy!

Anyone on the scene at Squaw or Alpine for a real time update?

Round house is the top of alpine.

Edit at 950
    yes they are loading chairs.
    The alpine meadows road is open.
    89 closed north of Squaw.
    Alpine to Tahoe city open.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTahoe View Post
    Round house is the top of alpine.

So they are loading now? They haven't updated the app yet...just saw 89 closed due to spinouts Homey here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Getting multiple reports from friends that they can't even get to cal base cuz roads so fucked. Just finished shoveling 2.5-3' up here at 7,700'
    Yeah I just got turned at around at ski run and pioneer.