Page 109 of 152 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3783
    Major shitshow this morning at the Heave. A city bus got stuck on the last uphill corner around 8:30AM and completely blocked traffic getting to Cal base. Then people started turning around, trying to come up the back streets, and getting stuck halfway up the hill or sliding back down...Caltrans had to block off entire streets, and they were still blocked at 3PM when I left.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A good spring day at squaw is hard to beat on any metric. It was best when they had super pipe and free swimming pool.
    I miss those days. Ski the morning, swim and hot tub the afternoon to DJs and music.

Freeway just closed again.

I mean...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Hopefully you got the Noctas out. Today was definitely the day for them. I couldn’t get out and am having FOMO.
    Yep, but even with 122 underfoot it was too deep to make any real turns or you’d just lose too much speed. Fun though...

https://instagram.com/p/Bgac8KNhb9p/
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Freeway just closed again.

I mean...

I was the fourth car stopped on 20. Shouldn't have stopped for dinner. Turned around, waiting at Nevada City. Sounds like it's moving over the summit, albeit slowly.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I was the fourth car stopped on 20. Shouldn't have stopped for dinner. Turned around, waiting at Nevada City. Sounds like it's moving over the summit, albeit slowly.
    Woof.

I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Woof.

Yep. Sucks.
    not counting days 2016-17

Road carnage everywhere! Stuck on 80 at Sugar Bowl exit right now.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

our crew had to overnight at hotels strung out from folsom to kyburz to SLT, meanwhile we can't find the beer we cached on the deck outside the window, at least another 6" overnight in the KW valley

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

So it snowed 24 inches before yesterday, and they couldnt get the upper mountain running, even with minimal winds during the day..

But then it snowed 41 inches in the past 24 hours, and they have the upper mountain running??

Edit: whoops, refreshed the website and now it shows upper mountain lifts “delayed”.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quit bitching- mountain ops is difficult when it snows like 7 feet in 3-4 days. Damn man. And upper mountain is on hold anyway from what I see (unless it just popped in the last 5 mins).

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

It just showed lifts open for me. Now it just changed back to delayed after I refreshed. I was gunna be like...wtf!!

Sorry ya’ll. I’ll get out of here for a while. Enjoy it out there.

Parking cluster in full effect at alpine

Unless you are truly dying to ski, I recommend that you avoid Rose and the Mnt Rose Hwy until later this afternoon at the earliest.
    I was out the door by 7:20 a.m. and the drive up was a solid stream
    Already. Only saw one vehicle off the road today vs almost a dozen yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47B784F7-1958-47FD-A054-7C21532D3B16.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	228604
    I think this is Roses delivery service. Kudos for making your delivery first, then going off the road.
    Slide parking lot was half full when I got there before 8:00 a.m., and completely full when I left.

Name:	40570CC8-2C47-4EE3-AD3F-A384E9C1D481.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	228605
    I got one great powder run and by the time I got back to the chair the line was gigantic.

Name:	EC3D3385-D90E-412E-BF3C-B8D802431C14.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	228606
    The singles line almost made it to the sun deck of Winters Lodge.
    Overall today met my expectations. That it would be insanely crowded and that after skiing til 4:00 yesterday while it was nuking snow all day, that I would be over it fast. Back at home safely and got one great run.

Last night was the single largest road disaster I have ever experienced. I once took 12 hours to drive to sf from squaw. Last night on 50 was worse. Took 3 hrs to go 1 mile between pollack pines and kyburz. Nuking at 35 degrees and 3000 feet. Can’t even imagine what the summit must have looked like. Finally called it at 1:30 am and drove back home. Campaign to convince wife to move to Boise starts now.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

I was on 50 at the same time, too. Same exact story. We sat there from 9:30 to about 1:15. Finally threw in the towel. My friends were still stuck this morning. Bonkers.

Still waiting for the top to pop at Squaw but despite the lines it’s pretty damn fun. Hate the shit show but forgot how much I like the mountain.

Can’t post pics on the forum app right now for some reason so here’s some video...

https://instagram.com/p/Bgb4gRGhnrR/

I want you flat landers to know we never miss you mid week. Today was stupid good but liftops and crouds just made it stupid. Cold Smoke Choker.
    #Todaywasanothergooddayjustnotasfunasthelast2
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Tuesday through Thursday next week should be spectacular

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've felt more undergunned on my hojis this month than all of last year

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    I want you flat landers to know we never miss you mid week. Today was stupid good but liftops and crouds just made it stupid. Cold Smoke Choker.
    #Todaywasanothergooddayjustnotasfunasthelast2
    I thought today was better than yesterday by a lot. Kirkwood was all time. Pali, Wall, Eagle, backside.. one of those days you don’t want to end. A bit crowded in the morning on six but really not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    I've felt more undergunned on my hojis this month than all of last year
    Makes sense. Last year was mostly much warmer than these recent storms.

P.S.- Get yourself some Protests.

Need a place to camp next Friday night. I sleep n my camper shell and my buddy pitches his tent. Full dirtbag. No need for a table , fire ring , or outhouse
    Basically a turn out that we won’t get fucked with by Johnny Lawfor exercising our dirtbaggedness
    Coming up the 395
    Thanks in advance

Valley runs are in again. Solar got crusted but north facing in porcupine was the goods. Stayed out of main as gut had rinsed. Fucking idiot giving trollers a hard time for not opening gate a when they were still doing routes asking why he couldn't go cause he assured everybody he was going to totally shred it. Looking back on upper full stone we see 2 tracks that went out gate and then cut back into kbrew while they were still blasting. So many stupid people

This thread needs more fucking STOKE!!!

Saint Patrick Swayze day:

Skier: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, photo mdquist

Skier: me, photo MapleLeafGillies

Another of UCL from mdquist:

As per usual, MapleLeafGillies got the photoslut of the day award ... but the photo is sitting in RAW format stuck on UCL’s camera ...

What a great reunion to Cali!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    Need a place to camp next Friday night. I sleep n my camper shell and my buddy pitches his tent. Full dirtbag. No need for a table , fire ring , or outhouse
    Basically a turn out that we won’t get fucked with by Johnny Lawfor exercising our dirtbaggedness
    Coming up the 395
    Thanks in advance
    There is a Walmart in Carson City