Page 108 of 152 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3783
    Heav was the tits today, getting to and from the cal lodge was a nightmare. I missed that 8:30 pileup at pioneer and ski run by like 30 seconds. Waist deep all day what a day. Me thinks tomorrow will be a shit show

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sugar Bowl was stellar today. Constant snow, strategic light winds, and road closures made it tough to beat!

Jerome opened on time, with Disney & Lincoln close behind, so me and about 30 of my closest non-friends (pow day) did what we had to do before Disney and Lincoln opened. Still had 5 laps on Lincoln by 11.

Pretty much skied to the chairs all day. Easy to find moobs-deep stuff when we left at 4.

Blue sky coming through around 4 as we were clearing the car. Hopefully bodes well for clearing out the roads!

Hope everyone gets out this weekend. Not a bad idea to be beeping inbounds!

PS - really bummed for you, MTT. Was up early and read as your plans turned around -> was psyched for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Sugar Bowl was stellar today. Constant snow, strategic light winds, and road closures made it tough to beat!

Jerome opened on time, with Disney & Lincoln close behind, so me and about 30 of my closest non-friends (pow day) did what we had to do before Disney and Lincoln opened. Still had 5 laps on Lincoln by 11.

Pretty much skied to the chairs all day. Easy to find moobs-deep stuff when we left at 4.

Blue sky coming through around 4 as we were clearing the car. Hopefully bodes well for clearing out the roads!

Hope everyone gets out this weekend. Not a bad idea to be beeping inbounds!

PS - really bummed for you, MTT. Was up early and read as your plans turned around -> was psyched for you.
    I guess I picked the wrong place or the wrong road. Why did I pass 267 and hit 89??? why why why

We drove around the shit show closer to Pioneer and got caught in the second one about a quarter mile before the Squaw entrance
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I missed this. Never mind. You're posting from HOME!? Jesus fuckstains no wonder you think Squaw sucks.
    I dont think the actual terrain, nor the hard workers that are “on hill” at Squaw are bad whatsoever. It has the goods for sure, and if I could catch it in the right light I know it’d be 100% epic. Today on KT-22, as well as yesterday and the day before on Siberia, Headwall, and Granite were pretty damn great overall. Only lacking in visibility, otherwise would have been “epic”. However, if it was even slightly less stormy, I know there would have been 3 times as many people there.

My overall experience is that it’s more crowded and more negatively weather (wind, ice, etc.) affected than I am used to. The crowds are to be expected though, being so close to such a large population. Still, I’d rather ski KT-22 as I did today, than stagecoach lift only on a storm day at Heav.

I just am starting to wonder what Northstar, and mainly Rose are like..

With 40 days on hill, I still do not know my way around Squaw like I should. That’s one of my biggest skiing flaws, I am terrible at learning the overall mtn. Like the best lines, side-hits, shortcuts and all the good stuff. That takes me a full 2 seasons at a place to really figure out, mainly because I ski alone more than half the time.

What a difference a week makes....

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I got in line for KT-22 20 minutes after it opened. It was insanely deep, and didn’t get too badly tracked out throughout the day.
    Forums
    Great! That should resolve any of your outstanding questions. For future queries, hit the search button

I settled on homeboy, thinking I didn't feel like playing roulette on openings today. Deep all day, but only their handful of steepests run allowed for deep turns. I've had some of my most epic days there, but holy fuck I forgot how slow and cold those chairs are. Went to the bell tho and finished on some untracked trees so can't be all that bad I guess, but I've had better pow days there in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Great! That should resolve any of your outstanding questions. For future queries, hit the search button

I settled on homeboy, thinking I didn't feel like playing roulette on openings today. Deep all day, but only their handful of steepests run allowed for deep turns. I've had some of my most epic days there, but holy fuck I forgot how slow and cold those chairs are. Went to the bell tho and finished on some untracked trees so can't be all that bad I guess, but I've had better pow days there in the past.
    I do feel like a JONG for not using the search function before posting. I have way too much shit on my mind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    but holy fuck I forgot how slow and cold those chairs are
    Ellis builds character

It looked like quail was not turning, what was up with that. ??
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    that kinda sucks, saw they opened @ 11AM ? And I saw the East side lift spinning on the webcams
    I saw that too. Tomorrow will be fat on the east.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    It looked like quail was not turning, what was up with that. ??
    I don't know. I hardly ever use that chair unless quail face is open...and it wasn't. I ended up miss timing my last run to Ellis and had to go that way to catch the shuttle and all the quail chairs were pretty buried. Didn't look like those facilites had been in use either. I think I have frostbite on my ass from all the Ellis laps I did.

Wow, Powderhouse was deep. Basically perma-face shots despite basically needing to straight-line the whole way. Didn't really turn so much as slightly redirected by pivoting under the snow. Hitting pillows a huge explosion of snow would blow up overhead. It wasn't even clear how big the drops were since it felt like you were moving through water and not hitting anything underneath. I'm not even sure you could call it skiing but it was pretty amazing.

What an incredible day all around.

Who else saw the Tard on chair # 1 at Rose use a pair of skis to hold a spot for someone then lock them to a tree and piss in front of the whole line up! The snow was too dry for snowballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I dont think the actual terrain, nor the hard workers that are “on hill” at Squaw are bad whatsoever. It has the goods for sure, and if I could catch it in the right light I know it’d be 100% epic. Today on KT-22, as well as yesterday and the day before on Siberia, Headwall, and Granite were pretty damn great overall. Only lacking in visibility, otherwise would have been “epic”. However, if it was even slightly less stormy, I know there would have been 3 times as many people there.

My overall experience is that it’s more crowded and more negatively weather (wind, ice, etc.) affected than I am used to. The crowds are to be expected though, being so close to such a large population. Still, I’d rather ski KT-22 as I did today, than stagecoach lift only on a storm day at Heav.

I just am starting to wonder what Northstar, and mainly Rose are like..

With 40 days on hill, I still do not know my way around Squaw like I should. That’s one of my biggest skiing flaws, I am terrible at learning the overall mtn. Like the best lines, side-hits, shortcuts and all the good stuff. That takes me a full 2 seasons at a place to really figure out, mainly because I ski alone more than half the time.
    I should be nicer - sorry. Driving distance to major metro area means Squaw will almost always be more crowded than Jackson, and certainly less than Big Sky. Same with SLC, Summit Co, etc. But seriously read the KSL bitch thread. KSL runs it more like a private equity investment than a ski area. Daily ops decisions are made by ops people, but the tone and priorities are probably set from on high.

If you want to learn a mountain faster, approach like it a test. Squaw already is a laboratory of experimentation, so treat it as such. Take copious notes, make an actual map or take notes on a blown-up trail map, keep a ski log, etc. It's a big mountain with lots of nooks and crannies that aren't quite as obvious as at Big Sky.

Also, you've got to remember that before March 1ish, it was a very, very shitty season. Glad you were out yesterday and today to redeem your lowly opinion. Yesterday was one of the best days I've had at Squaw - bluebird and full opening to full-on KT storm day by late afternoon. (I couldn't ski today argh, hence my grumpiness.) Oh YEAH! Spring at Squaw, I'm sure, is like 10 bazillion times better than J or BS.
    sproing!

I have heard from very reputable sources that KSL is indeed saving powder for the weekends, particularly Saturdays. It's part of their long-term plan to become a weekend and holiday only ski area. Not much reason to go to Squawpine during the week anymore. If you are not strictly skiing Saturdays and three day holiday weekends you are definitely doing it wrong.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

A good spring day at squaw is hard to beat on any metric. It was best when they had super pipe and free swimming pool.

What a day... Upper mountains at Squawlpine tomorrow should be a shit show but amazing for a few laps at least.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	228553
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Squaw was awesome yesterday 9-12. Snow came in and was still great but viz dropped. I thought today was tits, late open and all. Staying with the tress for vis it was awesome. We had a two run opp around 2 when the light came out and you could ski anything. 75 was fresh: at 2pm! Bummer 80 opened back up but tomorrow will be great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What a day... Upper mountains at Squawlpine tomorrow should be a shit show but amazing for a few laps at least.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	228553
    Hopefully you got the Noctas out. Today was definitely the day for them. I couldn’t get out and am having FOMO.

I took my widest skis out today. Totally worth it.

Crazy 24 hours. Arrived at the Spur last night just as they locked the gate. Turned around, and back up 50 only to be held at Twin Bridges. That only lasted 20 minutes. Once off 50 there was no traffic, but the stretch over the Carson Pass at 1AM was burly. Arrived to unplowed street and some trail breaking. Finally got inside around 2AM and put my sleeping son down on the coach. Awoke around 8AM, watched the storm, and headed over to the lifts just as 5 and 6 opened. We started on 5, as there was no line. Top of 6 was a bit windy and a bit deep for a 6 year old, but he had a great run. Lapped 7 and 5 on my kid’s deepest day ever.

It looked insane today. Pretty few folks around. Mashed Potatoes was out, and I saw Supu in line. They could probably tell us what we missed. Deeeeep.

Spur still closed. I was going to lodge in SLT tonight, but seeing no one can get here, we don’t have to vacate.

My son is hopeful y’all packed down 6 a bit, so he can enjoy it more tomorrow. He found bottomless to be excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Inbounds at The coug delivered today.
    #Todaywasagooddaytoo. Super deep Motts was um...fun.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

scott was stupid deep and no one there!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    scott was stupid deep and no one there!
    Argh.

All time at the wood today. Faceshots on 6 all day even with limited terrain opened. Also, the Blizzard Rustler 10's (102 underfoot) rip the shit out of the deep stuff, no super fat skis neccessary