Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3783
    Hey TahoeBC would this be trimmer area perhaps? Think I met you there early last April finishing up a solo dawn patrol.

Today's morning lineup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theline.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	226694

Good turns were had, but the day was over early once all those people ended up on the mountain and in the lift lines.

Tomorrow's forecast: Sunny. Crowded. 100% chance of continued junkshow.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ha, coming from Squaw / Alpine the last X years it really does amaze me. This was yesterday at 2pm. And there were plenty of untracked (and steeper) lines in the wide open too but they don’t show up so well on the camera when it’s storming...

https://instagram.com/p/Bf4Q0nyggLZ/
    so... much... traversing! where are the face shots?!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Fantastic day at Alpine Meadows even with the long lines. Man, it was deep in spots, especially in the bowls! 3 minutes of the action:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5l...lcLClZ/preview
    Last edited by janky; 03-07-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I got trampled in that and so did the kids I was with....I don't know why Alpine wouldn't let us queue in the lift line. I was literally 2nd or 3rd in line this morning and then the line just kept growing from the sides. Total cluster.

This is nothing new since they've been doing this on occasion the past few seasons, but the Alpine running of the bulls is hilariously stupid...

https://www.facebook.com/chris.lough...type=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Fantastic day at Alpine Meadows even with the long lines. Man, it was deep in spots, especially in the bowls! 3 minutes of the action:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0ut1lb7tl...8%29.mp4?raw=1
    Awesome edit. Especially for day of.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Not to feel left out, something on news about a lost skier being found at Rose.
    Way they described it, he maybe went out of bc gate on slide side.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I got trampled in that and so did the kids I was with....I don't know why Alpine wouldn't let us queue in the lift line. I was literally 2nd or 3rd in line this morning and then the line just kept growing from the sides. Total cluster.
    Name:  IMG_5728.JPG
Views: 1007
Size:  34.6 KB

This is the old summit lift

Name:  IMG_5727.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  32.6 KB

Winter of 1982.

Plus they shoot a howitzer over the summit lift to beaver and other terrain.
    You could get hit with debris, the lift itself could get hit.

It’s not like alpine made the people run out to the lifts, do you blame Best Buy when you get trampled on Black Friday?

People are the problem.

Interesting. Didn’t know that and now it makes sense. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTahoe View Post
    Name:  IMG_5728.JPG
Views: 1007
Size:  34.6 KB

This is the old summit lift

Name:  IMG_5727.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  32.6 KB

Winter of 1982.

Plus they shoot a howitzer over the summit lift to beaver and other terrain.
    You could get hit with debris, the lift itself could get hit.

It’s not like alpine made the people run out to the lifts, do you blame Best Buy when you get trampled on Black Friday?

People are the problem.

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    so... much... traversing! where are the face shots?!
    It was a storm day so I didn’t bother with the GoPro most of the day... just put it on at the very end for a tree lap. Obviously the wide lens makes everything look even flatter.

P.S. feel free to post some stoke!

The Alpine tunnel hold and running of the bulls has nothing to do with safety. It started as retaliation for impatient people in line throwing snowballs at staff. At some point someone is going to get trampled and sue KSL for needlessly creating an unsafe environment.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Name:	1520180443711.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	763.6 KB 
ID:	226707 First chair on Disney, probably not worth it, but we'll see

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Weird is that why they have done this for 15 plus years?
    Just go to alpine take a case of good beer up to patrol and tell them that.

They lock down the parking lot when they fire at Bernie’s and terrain above the lot.

It's the shrapnel radius which includes casing and secondary projectiles.

I was standing guard in the parking lot last year, when A quarter size rock flew past me at Mach 2.

People are the problem.
    guns don't kill people. people kill people

eventually you have to face the reality that people in general suck. it's a known condition and if you don't consider it when making policies (like the running of the bulls) then you are liable.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Weird is that why they have done this for 15 plus years?
    Just go to alpine take a case of good beer up to patrol and tell them that.

They lock down the parking lot when they fire at Bernie’s and terrain above the lot.
    Yes, they've done it in the past on those rare huge days where it could theoretically be a threat (and Friday / Saturday certainly qualifies), but they didn't consistently start doing it until January 2016. Even on days where it just snowed several inches. Here, look: http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=10294

I don't recall waiting in the tunnel more than once or twice during the winter of 2010 / 11. We certainly had some big days then as well.

I was there the day of the snow ball throwing incident. It was dumb. The next morning we had the running of the bulls after a few inches of snow. It was a pretty damn clear message at the time and they weren't bombing Bernies or anywhere close to it while we waited.

Quote Originally Posted by santaclaus183 View Post

Name:	1520180443711.jpg 
Size:	763.6 KB 
ID:	226707 First chair on Disney, probably not worth it, but we'll see

Let us know how it turned out, I have been, 1st 3rd top 10 a few time on Disney. Every time patrol had everything not groomed roped off when I got off the lift. the people 50 chairs back seemed to hit the rope drop and score first tracks, It's just how sugar bowl roles.

Last year I was one of the first into Silver belt. 10 am Sunny, as I come off the Lincoln chair I see a patroller ski over and open the gate. Perfect timing, but just dumb luck
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

P.S. feel free to post some stoke!
    Sensitive much... but yes, I'll play.

Disclaimer - this was not from yesterday or in Tahoe but it does have me pointing downhill... :-)

https://youtu.be/mEY9aJZMIyE
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Shit man, put me in my place; that was at least 29-30 degrees steep. ;-) Looked like fun though. I'm not sensitive, there are just some great skiers in this thread so thought we were all past the dick waving at this point unlike the rest of TGR.

Anyway, here's what you wanted. You can't really see much so didn't seem video worthy. These days I rarely bother with the camera unless it's clear out.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 10.07.02 AM.png 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	226725

Deep slab on Schallenberger ridge. Heads up
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Shit man, put me in my place; that was at least 29-30 degrees steep. ;-) Looked like fun though. I'm not sensitive, there are just some great skiers in this thread so thought we were all past the dick waving at this point unlike the rest of TGR.

Anyway, here's what you wanted. You can't really see much so didn't seem video worthy. These days I rarely bother with the camera unless it's clear out.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 10.07.02 AM.png 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	226725
    Nice. That's what I was looking for!

And yes, that section probably was 30deg or so of untouched awesomeness so I didn't stop and measure since I was having too much fun.

By the way, at no point was I commenting on the steepness of the slope, I was just giving you sh*t you as it seemed you were going across the hill more than down the hill. But after looking at the video again, you're right, it's hard to tell. By the way, having a GoPro has quickly shown me how much I haven't actually been skiing the fall line so I have tried to get better at it.

^^ I know, I was just giving you shit back. I’m definitely going at an angle across the fall line to make the run about twice as long and shorten the traverse at the bottom. Fully intentional.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Let us know how it turned out, I have been, 1st 3rd top 10 a few time on Disney. Every time patrol had everything not groomed roped off when I got off the lift. the people 50 chairs back seemed to hit the rope drop and score first tracks, It's just how sugar bowl roles.

Last year I was one of the first into Silver belt. 10 am Sunny, as I come off the Lincoln chair I see a patroller ski over and open the gate. Perfect timing, but just dumb luck
    Good as fuck. Everything open except sugar bowl where Rhalves and co. were fiming marketing shit. First down Fuller's and sisters after my Disney run then headed to crows and got two thigh deep runs in. But definitely experienced the dumb luck sugar bowl effect with the Fuller's gate. All in all, fucking good morning.

While people are the underlying problem, the resort could do a better job of managing the people. Like longer rope lines and mazes to keep the lines from growing from the side. More lift line management. Managing the escape from the tunnel (if summit isn't going to load for a while let small groups go one at a time rather than everyone at once. Etc. Most people don't start getting selfish until they see someone else getting away with something and then everything starts to get aggro. While none of us like rules and bosses, especially when we're recreating, I think 90% of us would have a better time on the hill if the people were managed better.
    With the IKON pass I think a lot of people will choose to spend a few weeks of vacation traveling and forego the weekend Tahoe shit show.

^^^*that is how is see the IKON. If it added S@T, I would be interested. But having to deal with 80/Squawlpine as my only option to ski keeps me away.

BTW, 100% agree on people managements. From arrival to departure, most resorts could do a much better job.

old goat-
    i like rules and bosses--- bring back Kate and her magic wand and she'll have that place running like a swiss watch in 3 days.
    no more running bullshit...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Deep Slab Avalanche in Negro Canyon

"This deep slab avalanche measured 3-8 ft deep, 300-400 ft. wide, and ran downslope for 500 vertical feet into dense trees. It was D3 + in size. It was triggered from lower angle terrain 1000 ft. away. It was triggered while digging a snowpit to test the buried facet layer. Once the snowpit reached the depth of the weak layer (about 140cm down) the person digging the pit felt a large collapse. Cracks shot out from the pit and across the entire slope and this deep slab avalanche released. "

https://twitter.com/sierraavalanche/...655315968?s=21
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage