Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3783
    Wow, I thought there would be more snow at Kirkwood. Doom had some features in it and bare spots were showing. Weird weather, 50 degrees and overcast. So little snow that Emigrant Trail Road is still open which meant the drive was quick. Let it snow!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Need a favor if anyone is going to Sierra tomorrow: my neighbor forgot his kid's skis and has a bummed out 11 year old. If you're going by, hit me up and I'll get you what details I can.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

PM coming
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Wow, I thought there would be more snow at Kirkwood. Doom had some features in it and bare spots were showing. Weird weather, 50 degrees and overcast. So little snow that Emigrant Trail Road is still open which meant the drive was quick. Let it snow!
    That's to be expected with this years' storms. The temple is at 8,400' which has put it just above the rain/snow line for almost every storm we've had.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Heard it was a Northstar ski instructor who was killed on 267 near the Ritz turn-off... ugh. Don't know the details but hope alcohol wasn't involved (by the car that struck him). The drunk driving in the area is getting out of control. Tahoe Donner lost power for several hours the night before due to a drunk driver hitting a power pole.

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Yes. He was a friend of mine. One of the best people in the world. Mentored my son at DR for a season when he was 4. Our family is devastated.

Story I’m told is that another driver was passing on the double yellow and hit Chris head on. Alcohol may be involved.

Sorry for you Mikey B.

That's an awful(and as we all know, too common!) story.

Prayers to his family and friends.

So sorry. That is a real tragedy.

Fuck, that sucks Mike. Vibes to your family and all he has touched. That just really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yes. He was a friend of mine. One of the best people in the world. Mentored my son at DR for a season when he was 4. Our family is devastated.

Story I’m told is that another driver was passing on the double yellow and hit Chris head on. Alcohol may be involved.
    That sucks. Condolences to his friends and family. Who passes on a double yellow in the mountains? Lock em up.

You wouldn’t believe how often it happens.

A local doctor and his wife are on trial for killing a few people that way last year on 49/120 to Yosemite. They tried to hide their involvement and sold the car. They’ll probably get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That sucks. Condolences to his friends and family. Who passes on a double yellow in the mountains? Lock em up.
    Ugly. RIP.

You may be amazed at the number of people that do exactly that driving home from KW, on 88, passing even with upcoming corners and all.
    I know it scares the crap out of me.

Please have some patience.

Everyone needs to have some patience and be safe. I fear that with the new snow that is coming plus the fact that February is one of the busiest ski months, the amount of unsafe driving will continue to increase. Higher CHP/Sheriff/Local PD presence on two lane highways would be a good idea. Also a PSA campaign encouraging people to call reckless drivers may be in order.

CHP Truckee posted to FB saying they're stepping up enforcement on 267.

CHP is planning extra “zero tolerance” patrols on 267 in response to Chris’ accident and other recent incidents.

Check out Truckee CHP on the FB.

My truck prefers to go 40 up 267 and I figure getting to Brockway summit 2 minutes slower than if I drove 55 is worth it for taking care of the engine and saving gas. I know other folks want to go faster so I do what I can to let them pass (there are no passing lanes except a pretty useless one just before the summit). There are still some tweakers that can't wait until it's clear to pass, sometimes even pulling around before we even get to Kingswood (basically still in the built up area of Kings Beach). The worst was someone passed me when I was passing a slow big rig that had pulled way right to let even pokey ol' me get by and this a-hole passes BETWEEN us ON MY RIGHT! I get the plate and call them in to chp every time. I doubt an officer actually tracks them down, but they are going to make the force as a whole more alert to the problem.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

These assholes usually just wind up stuck behind the next guy up the road.
    I get passed on Donner Pass Rd by the lake a lot --solid double yellow the whole way. There's clear sight lines for the most part but enough people pulling out, biking, walking, running, crossing the street that won't be looking for a car coming the wrong way--someone will get killed sooner or later. I'm usually doing the speed limit --matter of principle for me on residential streets although the right foot does sometimes get itchy when I'm not paying attention.

I frequent 108, 120, 4, 88. Calibama. Double yellow passing is a problem. Even worse on the Tuolumne and Calaveras County roads I drive every day.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Ugly. RIP.

You may be amazed at the number of people that do exactly that driving home from KW, on 88, passing even with upcoming corners and all.
    I know it scares the crap out of me.

Please have some patience.
    I think you're talking about the other direction but just in the last 6 or so years there have been at least 4 passing lanes switched to double yellow between hwy 50 and picketts junction (luther pass). I admit I sometimes still use them.

That really sucks. I feel as though I recognize him from the pictures.

He’s a Squaw critter. We took Owen on KT at age 5 together.

I think I was the thinking of the Alpine instructor that used to post here. Chili something

onehotchili

Sugar Bowl

Pretty sure he skied with my son years ago and offered tips. A natural with kids. Awful news.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Yep. A day at Kirkwood.