Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152
Results 3,776 to 3,783 of 3783
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's basically just Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows Road. Also pretty sure nothing from Placer County is going into Nevada County. That would be too logical and may actually help traffic, which is not the goal.
    The SV/AM MMTD is focused on transportation in the valleys themselves. Its goal is to connect to the TART system for access to the outside world. Having lived in Squaw for 3 years I always felt it was a waste of a parking space for me to drive over to the resort, but there weren't really any other options. I thought about the SVAM shuttle but it wouldn't stop in between, just at each resort.

There's talk about piloting a park and ride up at the Truckee High School (and the Truckee Airport for N*) and pushing a transit lane for 89 & 267 this or next year. So maybe a combination of all of it pushes the needle a bit.

The problem is the days they really need a transit lane on 89 are also the most difficult to setup since they’re busy plowing roads.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

True, and I've seen first hand what happens to a traffic cone when its 10 degrees outside and an SUV hits it at 60mph... it just explodes into a million pieces.

this may have been covered but didn't want to start a new thread either so...
    headed to south lake next wknd w mrs for anniversary. looking for restaurant recs while there. beer bars, casual, fancy for anniv, place to grab some drinks, etc.
    thx!

The steakhouse at the top of Harrah’s is a good spot with nice views.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Beer bars? There's a beer trail https://tahoesouth.com/beer-trail/

I usually can find something I like from the specials or regular menu at Lakeside Inn. Downstairs has a Latin American menu and upstairs has prime rib and lobster for $25. Neither are very fancy - upstairs has some view of the sunset.

There are a lot of sushi places including Naked Fish near Stateline end of Pioneer Trail, Harumi at Round Hill a couple of miles into NV and Sushi Pier in between which has all your can eat made-to-order sushi lunch or dinner that is a deal if you are hungry.

Come out to squaw this saturday for oktoberfest and the tahoe premier of TGRs "Far Out"
    As usual Ill be playing music on the KT sundeck to keep yall warm before the show!

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Woops
    Last edited by Robojerry; 02-05-2019 at 05:50 PM.