Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 3783
    Trying to figure out plans to ski with a cousin 1-2 days out in Tahoe (probably squaw). Is my best bet to buy the tahoe super 2 pack for around $85/day? Any cheaper options?

Mt Rose 2018-19 season pass arrived in the mail today. The first issue of Powder doesn't trigger any drooling for me, but this ........

Doesn't help that local temps are running 5-10 F below normal - feels like late September.
    Last edited by PB; 08-25-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Mt Rose 2018-19 season pass arrived in the mail today. The first issue of Powder doesn't trigger any drooling for me, but this ........

Doesn't help that local temps are running 5-10 F below normal - feels like late September.
    Time for new thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Time for new thread!

...erm, how does that work if you picked up new pass near the end of last season?

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Time for new thread!

Starting the new thread based on some weak ass patch skiing last year didn't work out too well. How about a little patience this year ffs?

Damn punks - #getoffmyastroturf

Well, I guess we have the new thread... right in the heart of mountain biking season.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...WEATHER-THREAD

Name:  2b02ewx.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  47.1 KB

To be fair, I am reading Powder magazine's first issue of the season right now. Maybe we've been doing it wrong?

Just hit Tahoe Sports Hub for the annual Labor Day sale. Picked up brand new Pivot 18s for 30% off, and some new boots for a similar discount. It was all I could do to not buy more. Get some.

Start Haus was mobbed with their big consignment sale. So many people were leaving with so many skis it was causing traffic slowdowns on Donner Pass Rd.

Labor Day ski sales...been in the 30s/low 40s in the mornings, full fire ban in effect in the hood, no smoke in the air, town is quiet.... you know what means - FALL is coming!
    sproing!

Must.Resist.LaborDaySalez

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Labor Day ski sales...been in the 30s/low 40s in the mornings, full fire ban in effect in the hood, no smoke in the air, town is quiet.... you know what means - FALL is coming!
    Local's summer is coming. Not that I'm a local, but it's maybe my favorite time of year in Truckee. Now if we can just get a few rainstorms and tack up that dirt please before I spend the week after next up there. Meter-Man - have you ridden that new Sage's loop yet (near Sober Deer) and is it any good? Meant to do it over the summer but never got around to it.

Glad to see this thread bumped rather than that abomination started up by irul.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Local's summer is coming. Not that I'm a local, but it's maybe my favorite time of year in Truckee. Now if we can just get a few rainstorms and tack up that dirt please before I spend the week after next up there. Meter-Man - have you ridden that new Sage's loop yet (near Sober Deer) and is it any good? Meant to do it over the summer but never got around to it.
    Have not ridden that yet... Lotsa work happening over in that area.

Trail conditions are hilariously variable in the Truckee/TC area. Moondust in some spots, fully tacky and nicely compacted in others. Definitely need some rain!
    sproing!

How’d that little EQ feel yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    How’d that little EQ feel yesterday?
    4.1 with epicenter at Dollar Point.

Shook my house up on Northwoods...

In regards to all the hoopla surrounding the somewhat premature new thread, a good time to start a new season thread, imho, is when the major ski movies start screening.

The Keep Squaw True film premieres in Truckee on 9.14.
    The new Level 1 film premieres on 9.22 in CO and 9.28 in Reno, so late September would have been my suggestion.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I had friends in kings beach that didn't feel a thing. They are kinda boozehounds tho

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I had friends in kings beach that didn't feel a thing. They are kinda boozehounds tho
    To be fair... when I lived in Santa Barbara if it wasn’t approaching 5 I’d barely notice, regardless of how fun the night before was.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I’m curious/concerned how structures in the basin would hold up if that little jolt were to occur late winter when roofs are loaded...

Irul gets credit for taking action, but I think misunderstood me just trying to get an argument going. We have to fight over whether it's time for a new thread for a month or so, then do it right.

It's a process.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Used to be a process.
    Now, it just needs some news article that alleges scientists have done research to predict:
    ..."yeah, winter is likely to be cold"...

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Whoa. Plane crashed close to slide base on mt rose and forest caught on fire.

https://www.placer.ca.gov/news/2018/...o-mass-transit

I haven't thought about it much except a little bit of optimism and, if it has a positive effect, can it be extended to Northstar? That commute is just as bad from KB --> Truckee between 3-6pm on weekends all winter.

How would that differ from the existing SV/AM resort shuttle? More stops? More buses?

https://www.placer.ca.gov/news/2018/...o-mass-transit

I haven't thought about it much except a little bit of optimism and, if it has a positive effect, can it be extended to Northstar? That commute is just as bad from KB --> Truckee between 3-6pm on weekends all winter.
    It's basically just Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows Road. Also pretty sure nothing from Placer County is going into Nevada County. That would be too logical and may actually help traffic, which is not the goal.

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    How would that differ from the existing SV/AM resort shuttle? More stops? More buses?
    Some in Squaw Mgmt want to get rid of the shuttle completely. They already killed off the hotel and west shore routes