Page 135 of 152 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3783
    Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    You can find more about this project on our Mt Rose Expansion page at the Snowlands website.

HOLY 90's website Batman!
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Dank!!!!

Just saw on news someone died falling in keyhole at alpine
    Holy crap. Heard the sirens and then Saw the ambulance and engine on the way out as I was waiting for a shuttle pick up down the road but didn't hear any mumbling on the mountain about it later on after the fact.

The snow looked fine when I peaked in on the way past but steep stuff had a def rain crust lurking and I noticed more than a few sharks in there as well. Sacbee reports he was from kings beach and listed name. Maybe a mag? Sad news regardless
    Last edited by mcski; 04-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.

It was 4 degrees on carson pass this am. Saw a couple of guys hit e back.

Name:  6094F010-5A07-4F18-8C87-B6DAB5DB0C38.jpeg
Views: 977
Size:  70.1 KB

Nice Gimpy! Surprisingly excellent out there.

Terrible news about the Keyhole fatality. RIP

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    sproing!

Nice shots meterman

Got a couple early laps on Talking today, fast fun pow today. Snow warmed up to much for a third lap, some of the most memorable turns of the season these last couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe'ers,

Longtime lurker. Very occasional poster.

My wife and I were up at Waterhouse Peak on Monday. What schmuck put in the skin track up there? Oh wait, that was me! If you followed it, sorry! The skiing was fantastic. The lower 500' were pretty damn bony, but the upper parts were awesome. Wish I was able to ski today - looks like it was stellar.

My wife lost her sunglasses on the skin up. If by chance you happened to find them, she would be psyched to get them back, and I would be happy to exchange them for a six pack.

-Nick

corn from the weekend, back behind ebacks

also nick I own a sunglasses company so if she wants some new shades pm me! that's my head product designer in the photo above

Resort skiers. I’ve got a solo day coming up and a ticket to Squawlpine. Where should I go?

Hard to tell what is open at Alpine. I see Sherwood and Scott chairs open, but not any terrain off then open. Can one take the High T to Sherwood now? And steeps off Scott open? Any of the hike to bowls open?

How is the bottom of KT?

Does Alpine open at 8:30 as well? Or just Squaw?

They both open at 9, even during the spring. IMO for this time of year Alpine offers more aspect variety so you can follow the sun throughout the day. Hikes should still be open for a while now. Typically patrol will close some of them (like Beaver and Estelle, etc.) around noon or so on warmer days for snow preservation purposes, while the other direction out towards High yellow and the Saddle will stay open longer since those aspects are shaded in the morning.

Bottom of KT is still good to go. The colder storms in recent weeks built up a fairly decent base at lower elevations.

Both are skiing well right now, you can't really make a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Resort skiers. I’ve got a solo day coming up and a ticket to Squawlpine. Where should I go?

Hard to tell what is open at Alpine. I see Sherwood and Scott chairs open, but not any terrain off then open. Can one take the High T to Sherwood now? And steeps off Scott open? Any of the hike to bowls open?

How is the bottom of KT?

Does Alpine open at 8:30 as well? Or just Squaw?
    I would recommend squaw. As a kirkwood skier, treat yourself to some sustained steep pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Dank!!!!
    Hah! We were hooting at u guys when u dropped last lap. Yer partner tagged my truck. Unreal day for April 17
    DANK inDeed senior G! Heard the shout but was already in the white room, bummer to miss you by a second!

Trying to upload one more stoke shot but it ain’t workin for me....

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I would recommend squaw. As a kirkwood skier, treat yourself to some sustained steep pitches.
    In the spring some of the steep north facing pitches will open late or not at all due to hard conditions. Same for Scott Chute, Keyhole at AM. Depends what you're looking for--steep bumps, Squaw. Smooth corn--AM.

Yeah, I dunno what I want. Likely I’ll be there Saturday, with a forecast in the valley for 33F low to 61F high. I assume all things will soften

I know AM sometimes closes the hikes if there has not been a hard freeze.

Does anyone know if you can access the AM backside from Summit right now? Hard to tell from website. It has been 15 years since I’ve skied anything besides Summit frontside at AM. So if shit is open, I’d lean that way. I also prefer the early morning groomers at AM over Squaw.

At the same time, it has been that long since I’ve been on KT or Headwall.

I’ll likely make my decision while on 89.

Just tuning in to see all the stoke from the last storm. Jealous, the waist deep shot is nuts for April. Was traveling for work so couldn’t sneak out to hit what was probably the last storm. GFS going out two weeks looks dry. Summer might be here this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yeah, I dunno what I want. Likely I’ll be there Saturday, with a forecast in the valley for 33F low to 61F high. I assume all things will soften

I know AM sometimes closes the hikes if there has not been a hard freeze.

Does anyone know if you can access the AM backside from Summit right now? Hard to tell from website. It has been 15 years since I’ve skied anything besides Summit frontside at AM. So if shit is open, I’d lean that way. I also prefer the early morning groomers at AM over Squaw.

At the same time, it has been that long since I’ve been on KT or Headwall.

I’ll likely make my decision while on 89.
    High T and Sherwood were both open the last 2 days. If it doesn't get too warm before the weekend, I'd wager there will be still be enough coverage to run Sherwood but prob the last weekend. Hike out to Estelle is possible also. At this point both depend on the weather and how warm it gets. Some of the frozen chunder from yesterday and today will need to soften and smooth as well for decent corn runs

Tuesday I skied relay peak, one North aspect and two East ones.
    Good snow first two turns off the ridge were icy, but great afterwards.

The East facing relay face was wet, but skied really well last 3 pm.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Snowing pretty decent at 9k on the south shore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ Cool.
    Saw chain control on Kingsbury.
    Expecting around half inch accumulation?
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Summer might be here this weekend
    Well...
    I know it don't take long to melt away, but fwiw, Monday & Wednesday were cold and cloudy with light snow now and again.
    Tuesday was sunny, but cold.
    [Gunbarrel on Tuesday was pretty frigging awful, but got to see ShakyKnees skiing it with style!]

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    High T and Sherwood were both open the last 2 days. If it doesn't get too warm before the weekend, I'd wager there will be still be enough coverage to run Sherwood but prob the last weekend. Hike out to Estelle is possible also. At this point both depend on the weather and how warm it gets. Some of the frozen chunder from yesterday and today will need to soften and smooth as well for decent corn runs
    FWIW the exit from High T is a less of a rock and bushes maze than the exit from Estelle. When I was at AM 2 days ago the traverse line out South Face of Sherwood went across hard to miss rocks in the last gully crossing--hard to see in time at speed. Maybe someone has put in a higher line. In any case--expect rocks anywhere off piste and icy bumps on steeps.

Met two groups of skiers on round top, crescent couloir.

Pretty icy in the middle.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FWIW the exit from High T is a less of a rock and bushes maze than the exit from Estelle. When I was at AM 2 days ago the traverse line out South Face of Sherwood went across hard to miss rocks in the last gully crossing--hard to see in time at speed. Maybe someone has put in a higher line. In any case--expect rocks anywhere off piste and icy bumps on steeps.
    Easy traverse out from the Sherwood bowl hikes toward grouse. Pretty easy lap and much better coverage than south face.

Estelle is pretty much done unless you cut back hard after the traverse. Pond slope was a total bushwacking mess on Tuesday
    Last edited by mcski; 04-19-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Ugh. All of the talk about Alpine Meadows....get it while you can. Those fuckers from over the hill announced the April 29th closing date for the red headed stepchild resort. Which says "we don't give a shit about the quality of spring skiing as long as the beautiful people end up in the High Camp hot tub, and the rest of you spend your money in the village."
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Whatever happened to the trend of places at least being open Friday thru Sunday for a few more weeks? Seems like that’s done for in general and now everyone just closes.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Curse of the cheap pass biz model

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Whatever happened to the trend of places at least being open Friday thru Sunday for a few more weeks? Seems like that’s done for in general and now everyone just closes.
    That was a stupid fuckin trend. Just stay open until your not. Which should be when the snow is gone. And Alpine was tits today. Estelle was still holding legit pow, even some face shots, no bushwacking necessary. Groomers were as good as they get at Alpine, still hitting patches of corduroy at closing time.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba