Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I skied the 189 Atris and own the 183 Corvus, which I like far better. The Atris was just OK; a little vague and don’t do anything great, whereas the Corvus meshes better with my style and felt dialed from the start.

Neither ski has a lot of rebound on groomed, so the flat vs camber thing doesn’t seem to make much difference. Didn’t really find the Atris more playful than Corvus, either.

I had previously owned Sickles and Faction Candides, so I’ve been used to the feel of camber skis.
    Do you recommend them looking more at like candide 3.0s or the line SFBs???
    For a more playful ski in that mid-fat range??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Crowes Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by djbartlett21 View Post
    Do you recommend them looking more at like candide 3.0s or the line SFBs???
    For a more playful ski in that mid-fat range??

I’m not sure I’m answering your question, but if I wanted something playful around 110mm for a quiver I’d pick the Factions over the Atris. The Factions have a speed limit but if you’re looking for mini-golf lines, who cares?

I’m sure there are a lot of other skis that would fit the bill; I wouldn’t settle for the Atris in that slot (or as a one-ski quiver).

Going back to Daemons, based on my daughter skiing Daemon Birdies, I like that long low full rocker profile for people who ski from the middle (my kid has a leg issue and can’t dorsiflex her left ankle and skis from back seat). She’s been having a blast on the Daemon Birdies.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I’m not sure I’m answering your question, but if I wanted something playful around 110mm for a quiver I’d pick the Factions over the Atris. The Factions have a speed limit but if you’re looking for mini-golf lines, who cares?

I’m sure there are a lot of other skis that would fit the bill; I wouldn’t settle for the Atris in that slot (or as a one-ski quiver).
    Thanks for the reply! I think I am definitely leaning away from the Atris at this point...more leaning towards the Candides or the Bentchetler 100s...

missed the 183 Daemon on STP: if anyone regrets buying a pair, in 183, I want them for touring.

anyone?

sierra (STP) has the ladies version for $300.

and HAD a pair of mens 183 as well. but now they are MINE!

Any feedback on mount point? Rec is -8.

Anyone go +1? I run a short bsl at 289mm and typically mount a bit forward.

Looking to add a pair of these to the quiver in 177cm (5’7”, 165 lbs).

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Any feedback on mount point? Rec is -8.

Anyone go +1? I run a short bsl at 289mm and typically mount a bit forward.

Looking to add a pair of these to the quiver in 177cm (5’7”, 165 lbs).
    Is the rec -8 in all sizes? I could see it being less for the shorter sizes.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I mounted mine at -1 on suggested point (188cm, I"m 5'10 and #155, on 295mm boot)

both the ski size and the mounting feel about right. I usually like most skis on, of back a bit of suggested mounting point

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I mounted mine at -1 on suggested point (188cm, I"m 5'10 and #155, on 295mm boot)

both the ski size and the mounting feel about right. I usually like most skis on, of back a bit of suggested mounting point
    I mounted my 188's on the line with Wardens, (I'm 6'4 and about 220 with gear on with a 316mm BSL and ski in plug boots). I had a fun week in St Moritz on them, no fresh snow for a while but the piste was excellent, firm but chalky and sunny so it melted nicely. I was impressed at how fast I could run them, I had demo'd the 183's but I don't feel the 188 slowed down what I loved on the 183, in-fact it added a fair bit of stability to running the bases and higher speed turns, not that the 183 was bad in this regard, however I was less aware of the res side cut in that aspect of the 188. Overall it lost none of the smear / pivotability for me, but gained top end performance.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Anyone skiing these in the PNW, and have experience with the Daemon in heavy wet snow? I ski at Baker but given some knee and foot issues I prefer a narrower ski for a daily driver. I'm currently on the Enforcer 100 which is fine but would like to try a reverse camber ski for a DD. I have the BMT 109 as a touring set up so I'm used to the reverse camber feel. My biggest concern about the Daemon is having it get knocked around too much b/c it's pretty light. I ski groomers and untracked fairly fast but I'm more conservative when it gets tracked, so maybe the weight's not an issue there?

I'd go 183 or 188 in the Daemons but also thinking about the 177 M4 Mantra. Main concern with Mantra is less playful and probably not as good in deep snow. Interested in comparison if you've been on both.
    JimmyCarter:

I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

:Priceless

FYI: sierra.com has the 170 ladies birdie, for $200.

skis short, so best for someone that usually skis 160-165

2 years later and this ski still intrigues me. As I had never owned a non cambered ski before; I went ahead and purchased the ON3P Wren 98 (189’s) instead of the 188 Daemon. Although the Wren has been a fun ski, I cannot help but wonder if I would like the Daemon more, as the tip rocker is not as pronounced. Used mainly as a MN resort groomer ski - tele.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2 years later and this ski still intrigues me. As I had never owned a non cambered ski before; I went ahead and purchased the ON3P Wren 98 (189’s) instead of the 188 Daemon. Although the Wren has been a fun ski, I cannot help but wonder if I would like the Daemon more, as the tip rocker is not as pronounced. Used mainly as a MN resort groomer ski - tele.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Black Crowes Daemon

My wife skis the 170 birdies. We just got her mom who’s a CrossFit Glamma that is 60 a pair of 164s.
    I’m an ON3P fan and had the W108 but moved on in favor of the newer Corvus - no regrets.
    Better gitsum