And You Thought Vail Was Expensive

Only cost you a bit over $3,000,000, and just imagine all the dentists you'll get to ski with

https://snowbrains.com/private-colorado-ski-resort-for-the-uber-rich-about-to-launch-3-million-to-enter-then-50000year/

Do these people realize you can cat/heli ski amazing places with even fewer people multiple weeks each year for just the annual dues? I don't get it,

I'm pretty sure you could buy the local hill for 2 million

Which could be 20% less when you consider the exchange eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I don't get who they are going after. Rich people who want to ski have much better ski options (heli, cat trips) for way less money, and rich people who just want the "mountain experience" don't get all the resort-town amenities like Aspen or Breck that come along with owning expensive resort property (restaurants and stores).

I went to a pitch meeting on this resort a few years back. For people wanting the totally private experience. You would land in Montrose then heli to the location.
    Obviously not for the average guy, but for someone wanting to get away from everyone.

I had a couple friends who skied there, off the cat.

I dont know how many lots they have sold at this time..

I believe this is the location:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B018'09.4%22N+107%C2%B037'55.0%22W/@38.298589,-107.623213,13z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d38.3026132!4d-107.6319466!5m1!1e4

I think they're generous with the 350" number.

Beautiful country down there, Uncompaghre Wilderness is a stunning area.

^^ Yeah, that's it. It's fairly obvious from 50 between Gunnison and Montrose.

They probably do get a fair bit of snow since it's on a N-S ridge with lots of blown in snow onto E and NE facing slopes. I hear the skiing is pretty good. No sales pop up in the MLS. If any of you dentists have some spare change in you pocket, I'm happy to help

This is even more idiotic than the Yellowstone Club. At these rates one could get the "private experience" at most cat or heli ops in North America, and not be tied to limited terrain and unpredictable snowfall. Whatever, have fun finding that many stupid rich people and then kissing their ass for the rest of your career.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Hurl View Post
    This is even more idiotic than the Yellowstone Club. At these rates one could get the "private experience" at most cat or heli ops in North America, and not be tied to limited terrain and unpredictable snowfall. Whatever, have fun finding that many stupid rich people and then kissing their ass for the rest of your career.
    Can you afford to join?

No?

That's the point.

Don't underestimate the number of wealthy people to whom this represents the equivalent of a $30,000 purchase and $50 annual dues to mere mortals.

They're that rich.

And they want exclusivity but not isolation.

Isolation = no pissing contest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Hurl View Post
    Guess you're not their target market eh?

These people care more about seclusion, privacy, easy of use at a moment's notice and luxury than they do about limited terrain or unpredictable snowfall. For them, if the snowfall sucks that bad going elsewhere on their private jet is just as easy. It's for the extraordinarily rich who want a place to take families, to show off, and to ski a bit.

Considering the mountains are littered with homes in that price range, that aren't even convenient for lift served. Their concept isn't all that bad.

If done right, it could be a pretty nice way to bridge the gap between lift served and Cat.

Question for this crowd should be "How do you get a job there?" Ski Patrol, Ski School, lifty, bartender, etc. None of these dentists can afford that shit. That is Maxillofacial Surgeon kinda cash.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    At that rate do lifties get paid $100/hour and have their own private sleds to access secret smoke "shacks" with radiant heat and valet parking?

Sick terrain tho

A year or so ago, their website was fully accessible. It showed all the lots available and had a video of each one. At that time you had to buy a lot as part of the membership. I think lots ranged from $1-2M. Depending on which lot you bought also determined your yearly membership fee. For winter, the road is closed to the compound. There was a property caretaker that would drive you to your home via snowcat. In the summer, you could ride your horse from the stables to you home. They had cut a few ski trails and have a couple of snowcats for skiing laps. There was a plan to build a common community building for meals, drinks, socializing, (not sleeping); don't know if that ever happened. All the help had to live down near the entry in common housing. There was a couple named as full time, year round caretakers. It sounded like they had to do everything from ski guide, to snowcat repair, to snow shoveling, to meal prep.
    The founders are a group tied in with Telluride and Vail elite 0.5%ers. Investment bankers and real estate Tycoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    A year or so ago, their website was fully accessible. It showed all the lots available and had a video of each one. At that time you had to buy a lot as part of the membership. I think lots ranged from $1-2M. Depending on which lot you bought also determined your yearly membership fee. For winter, the road is closed to the compound. There was a property caretaker that would drive you to your home via snowcat. In the summer, you could ride your horse from the stables to you home. They had cut a few ski trails and have a couple of snowcats for skiing laps. There was a plan to build a common community building for meals, drinks, socializing, (not sleeping); don't know if that ever happened. All the help had to live down near the entry in common housing. There was a couple named as full time, year round caretakers. It sounded like they had to do everything from ski guide, to snowcat repair, to snow shoveling, to meal prep.
    The founders are a group tied in with Telluride and Vail elite 0.5%ers. Investment bankers and real estate Tycoons.
    That actually sounds kinda cool and the terrain looks like it could be ok. It'd be like a full on luxury hut with the choice of cat laps or skinning. If only I was rich......