Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
    That was the big downside for NYC as I see it, and that's the first I heard those fuckers were already jacking up RE prices. Sure, it would have been great to have Amazon in NYC, but, it's a ridiculously expensive place to live right now, and with those techie pricks speculating, it could have actually gotten much worse. Christ, they have more money than the Chinese and the Euro trash.
    They'll have a presence, if Google and Facebook does. Just have to pay their own way.

Watched slimeball DiBlasio try to bullshit his way out of this one after he supported the deal and then the pullout. Hope he finds another city for himself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That was the big downside for NYC as I see it, and that's the first I heard those fuckers were already jacking up RE prices. Sure, it would have been great to have Amazon in NYC, but, it's a ridiculously expensive place to live right now, and with those techie pricks speculating, it could have actually gotten much worse. Christ, they have more money than the Chinese and the Euro trash.
    They'll have a presence, if Google and Facebook does. Just have to pay their own way.

Watched slimeball DiBlasio try to bullshit his way out of this one after he supported the deal and then the pullout. Hope he finds another city for himself soon.
    This was the gentrifiyers being gentrified out. And they didnt like their own medicine.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Well, this explains the mystery in my head why the Mayor was behind this loser. It would play better in Iowa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/o...dent-iowa.html

98,000 sq ft office with 400 employees landing in downtown Denver.

I was just about to look for some new iPhone charging plugs and this coincidentally came across my news feed. Thought about posting in the what phone now thread but applies to a variety of products. Buyer beware I guess. I have an amazon basics surge protector, a little worried about it now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/busin...nvs/index.html

And anyone have a good link to knockoff iPhone charger cables that won’t burn my house down?

Anecdotes are kind of useless with a brand that ships everything (including all sorts of stuff now with their name slapped on it) everywhere on earth.

That said, I have been disappointed with the Amazon Basics brand. It seems to be a low-bidder to fill a product segment kind of arrangement. No electronic explosions here, but I had a foldable Bluetooth keyboard from them that crapped out (multiple keys would, as a group, intermittently not work, until soon that group of keys never worked) before I even used it all that much. Chucked it and the item that cost just a bit more has worked great. As for Lightning cables and so on, Anker's pretty good. I don't go ultra cheap; OTOH, if I always bought Apple brand cables, I'd have spent more than the cost of a new phone by now.

Not such a great deal now that they’ve paused construction