Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Boyle

Joshua Boyle

Discuss.

Canadian hostage reveals why couple had kids in captivity

TORONTO -- Former hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while being held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, "Hey, let's make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family."

Boyle, his American wife, Caitlan Coleman, and their three children were rescued Wednesday, five years after the couple was abducted in Afghanistan on a backpacking trip. The children were born in captivity.

"We're sitting as hostages with a lot of time on our hands," Boyle told The Associated Press in an email Monday. "We always wanted as many as possible, and we didn't want to waste time. Cait's in her 30s, the clock is ticking."

Sisters of kidnapped Canadian Joshua Boyle describe being hostage to helplessness
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Why do Americans go to these places on 'backpacking trips'? What the fuck are they thinking? Oh it'll be fine, we'll just be walking through... Dumbasses.

Joshua Boyle

Not sure they'd have much of a choice regardless unless they'd chose to go completely celibate during their captivity. I don't think there are any plan parenthoods or even walgreens in that neck of the woods.

Not much to discuss intelligently. Unless some members here were held hostage by the Taliban for a few years. Otherwise all Monday morning quarterbacking.

Hostage brain is nothing we can relate to enough to discuss . Anyone in their right mind would probably say this is neither the time nor place to have kids, then again most of us would probably never backpack through Afghanistan.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Unless some members here were held hostage by the Taliban for a few years.
    Buster will start a poll.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Looks like she's auditioning for the role of Darth Nasty in the upcoming Star Wars flick.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not sure they'd have much of a choice regardless unless they'd chose to go completely celibate during their captivity. I don't think there are any plan parenthoods or even walgreens in that neck of the woods.
    I’m not interested in their captivity but why in the fuck he thought it was a good idea in the first place to go hiking there
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Looks like she's auditioning for the role of Darth Nasty in the upcoming Star Wars flick.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah let's judge a womans appearance while she's being held hostage.

WTF. Get a life.

^^ Looks like someone here has been held hostage before.

Spill it mtngirl. Was it the chainsaw sharpening shed?

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    No, something is fucked with this guy. I don't trust him.

Boyle, the son of an Ottawa tax court judge, was married for about a year to Zaynab Khadr. She’s the eldest daughter of Ahmed Said Khadr, who was accused by the U.S. and Canada of being an associate and financier for the terrorist group Al-Qaeda. Ahmed Khadr studied at the University of Ottawa, and the family moved between Canada, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    most of us would probably never backpack through Afghanistan. s
    I bet Hugh Conway would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

...and taken the Taliban hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I’m not interested in their captivity but why in the fuck he thought it was a good idea in the first place to go hiking there
    sick ass terrain

duh
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    sick ass terrain

duh
    I hear the split-boarding there is second to none.

hiking side by side with russian proxy troops, homo no homo mujahadeen locals and the goats of the hindu kush is a dream. Quit attacking this man for getting after it. he is more core than almost all users here at TGR.
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Boyle, the son of an Ottawa tax court judge, was married for about a year to Zaynab Khadr. She’s the eldest daughter of Ahmed Said Khadr, who was accused by the U.S. and Canada of being an associate and financier for the terrorist group Al-Qaeda. Ahmed Khadr studied at the University of Ottawa, and the family moved between Canada, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
    Agree, something isn't quite right here.

Yea.

Boyle was a “very private person,” but had a reputation in the gaming world as being both cunning in getting people to do what he wanted and generous to new players, he said.

Sounds like a wannabe spook. Chances are all sides, the CIA and Taliban/Haqqani/Pakistan/whomever, are playing this guy. He thinks he's in control but is actually getting worked by the real pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Yea.

Boyle was a “very private person,” but had a reputation in the gaming world as being both cunning in getting people to do what he wanted and generous to new players, he said.

Sounds like a wannabe spook. Chances are all sides, the CIA and Taliban/Haqqani/Pakistan/whomever, are playing this guy. He thinks he's in control but is actually getting worked by the real pros.
    sounds like he is the man
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I bet Hugh Conway would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ...and taken the Taliban hostage.

???

Zaynab was also Omar Kadhr's (the Canadian Guantanamo Bay prisoner) sister.

Yeah, something smells fishy. Also thought it was kinda weird that they had 4 children while being held hostage. Conjugal visits I guess...
    The reports I read said that he and his wife were doing NGO volunteer work in "places other people wouldn't go".
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Sounds like a wannabe spook.
    Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why do Americans go to these places on 'backpacking trips'? What the fuck are they thinking? Oh it'll be fine, we'll just be walking through... Dumbasses.
    In this case the dumb-ass was a Canadian but your point is valid. Something very strange about this.

Isn't it child endangerment or should be, to take very preggers wife to remote region of 3rd world country?

Ok he lost weight as started as was a real chumbie, but for wife to have kids and those kids to look healthy while under hostage conditions seems a bit strange. Most hostage takers look at this as a profit and loss situation so feed to the absolute min.

What help was he going to provide that any NGO could not and if NGOs couldn't go to that area because they were being fucking killed what hope did he have with a preggers wife in tow. Money - no , supplies - no , knowledge no, what is some random dude going to do to help poor people other than enrich them with a ransom payment?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Zaynab was also Omar Kadhr's ......
    Zaynab is a full on death to America the great Satan big black tent wearing girl.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...ined-in-turkey
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    In this case the dumb-ass was a Canadian but your point is valid. Something very strange about this.

Isn't it child endangerment or should be, to take very preggers wife to remote region of 3rd world country?

Ok he lost weight as started as was a real chumbie, but for wife to have kids and those kids to look healthy while under hostage conditions seems a bit strange. Most hostage takers look at this as a profit and loss situation so feed to the absolute min.

What help was he going to provide that any NGO could not and if NGOs couldn't go to that area because they were being fucking killed what hope did he have with a preggers wife in tow. Money - no , supplies - no , knowledge no, what is some random dude going to do to help poor people other than enrich them with a ransom payment?
    Most NGO's do a lot of "assessing" and no action. Clipboard shit. Maybe he was assessing.

That wouldn't be "child endangerment" legally speaking but it for sure is dangerous for a child to be compared to Canuckistan.