Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I once rear-ended the car in front, pushed in the bumper some, at a stoplight. this was 1989 so really a different time; but in an extremely large city. Lady got out, looked at it, said her brother worked for a dealer and could fix it for $200. "write me a check and we'll call it even." which I did. I was in a sorta spiffy conservative business suit at the time (anyone remember hartmarx?) probably looked like i was about 12. never heard another word. YMMV.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

Keeping the man out of the mix is good karma.
    Yeah, unless the guy is drunk fuck and lost his license for dui and goes out tomorrow and kills someone driving drunk again.

Sweetheart, he put you in a shitty position, but you probably made the right decision because it sounds like he has potential to be a scumbag and you don't need that in your life.

Jesus Fuck, you always just ask for more money that it appears it will take to fix it when it's a matter of the guido going to jail for murdering the last dumbass who decided the police would be helpful.
    The government is not here to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    You guys are all thinking about car repairs...I'm imagining Nutter saying "Guido" with a sultry Korean accent.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's not creepy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    You sure the guy wasn't trying to hit on you
    If he did, he really sucks at dating game.
    Spent $1,200 and couldn't even get my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    You guys are all thinking about car repairs...I'm imagining Nutter saying "Guido" with a sultry Korean accent.

That's racist!
    How do you know that I don't have South Bronx PR accent?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Nutmeg is now Sweetheart.
    I'd like that.
    Better than JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Please stop ruining my fantasy.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Obviously he has no insurance sweetheart. Likely no license as it is under suspension. Hook truck is looking for it as he is behind on payments. Did you break any laws by not reporting?
    Nope.
    My car’s paid off, license is clean, all the paper’s up-to the date and I have no issues with any laws.
    No dirt on me.
    Actually in NY any damage over $200 is supposed to have an accident report written up. Does that always happen? Of course not.

Speaking of MTB, I only got to ride my Cannondale once this year.
    I don’t even know what happened to my Summer!
    Ehh, riding is great now so get out there. The bugs are mostly down for the year and the trails are much quieter. No hunting in Westchester County Parks so get out to Graham Hills or hit the Yorktown trails in Woodlands Legacy/Granite Knolls.

That's racist!
    nutmegchoi is Rosie Perez?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Actually in NY any damage over $200 is supposed to have an accident report written up. Does that always happen? Of course not.

Ehh, riding is great now so get out there. The bugs are mostly down for the year and the trails are much quieter. No hunting in Westchester County Parks so get out to Graham Hills or hit the Yorktown trails in Woodlands Legacy/Granite Knolls.
    Cops won’t come out unless someone’s hurt.
    I got front ended in Queens and cops told us won’t come out cause no one’s injured.
    Later the other party turned around and claimed I rear ended (yet won’t claim the damage) and there was nothing I could’ve done because there was no police report.

That route sounds wonderful.
    I’ll give it a try.
    Thank you!

I got hit by a neighborhood kid on a residential street--dad wanted to pay cash and I accepted--this was after I had his contact and insurance info so I could make a claim if he reneged.
    Another time I merged onto a freeway and was hit by a car I think was coming over from the second lane--I'm hit after the dashed line stopped, so I'm already in the right lane.. CHP stops while we're talking. Guy starts to go apeshit about me, telling CHP I didn't have turn signal on, calling me a lia. I point out that if he could see my turn signals it meant he was behind me and decided to hit me anyways. After the CHP leaves I tell him why don't we settle this ourselves--his damage was minimal, I had nothing worth fixing. Guy takes my info--and I never hear from him again.

Seems like he made you an offer you couldn't refuse...

Nice yellow flip flops sweetheart.

Superb breakdown of you accepting a bribe

Bobby is right, the payoff needs to be more than the damage
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Nice yellow flip flops sweetheart.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I'd say that went well. You hear so many stories of reversing the blame after the fact. Hope the 12 covers everything.
    My only accident went smooth. -40c in canmore backed out of the parking with the windows frozen solid in my 20year old Volvo . Same time as a guy in a 20yr old vw rabbit backed out and we backed into each other at the halfway point. We both jumped out at the same time. He looks at me and says "good thing we're both driving a piece of shit". We laughed , hopped back in and all good. Could of used 12 though .....

Don't worry sweetheart, "I can fix it."

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Great story sweetheart! So I'm in Como Italy with a rental car and I back out of a parking spot and hit a car on the rear passenger door (yes, my bad - guy was in my blind spot). Don't want to deal with a day of paper work and phone calls etc. Very little damage to my rental. I then become "guido" in Italy and offer the guy 500 euro to fuhgetaboutit. He accepts, we shake hands, no harm done other than to my bank account and his car (which was a beater anyway).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

wondering if I'm dealing with couple mobs and there's a body in the trunk or something.
    ]
    Real gangster wouldn't drive a re-badged Hyundai

Sportage
    Those are strictly for small time hooligans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I backed into the drivers door when the guy drove behind me as I was backing in to a parking spot he gets out looking pretty bad/obviously drunk at 10:30 am on a weekend, gets a little pissy so I said I think you might be drunk so lets call an rcmp ?
    He asks if I got any damage, not really minor scuff on the bumper but his door is crushed, sez his car is old anyway so forget about it

Like the drunk in the parking lot the OP obviously had an accident with some one who did not want to talk to the po-lice for whatever reason
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Great story sweetheart! So I'm in Como Italy with a rental car and I back out of a parking spot and hit a car on the rear passenger door (yes, my bad - guy was in my blind spot). Don't want to deal with a day of paper work and phone calls etc. Very little damage to my rental. I then become "guido" in Italy and offer the guy 500 euro to fuhgetaboutit. He accepts, we shake hands, no harm done other than to my bank account and his car (which was a beater anyway).
    Driving in St. Lo in Normandy in the rain, come around a corner and there's a car stopped in the middle of the road, no brake lights. I hit the brakes and slide into it. We get out--driver is a mailman, obviously drunk at 10am. He looks at his car and ours, says "Small problem"--in a tone that suggests don't worry. We drive to the rental place in Caen with him. He talks to his buddies there, all in French of course, we wind up with a new car, no paperwork, and we never hear anything from the rental company. When we drive to the airport on our way home there's a lot of construction, we can't find the rental return, realize we are on our way out of the airport and have no idea how we'll get back to it--this was before GPS. Just before we're back on the freeway we see the maintenance garage for the rental company. We pull in, leave the car there, they give us a lift to the terminal. When we get into the terminal I realize I still have the car keys so I drop them off at the rental desk in the terminal. Never heard anything from the company about that either. If any of that happened in the US we'd have been screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I backed into the drivers door when the guy drove behind me as I was backing in to a parking spot he gets out looking pretty bad/obviously drunk at 10:30 am on a weekend, gets a little pissy so I said I think you might be drunk so lets call an rcmp ?
    He asks if I got any damage, not really minor scuff on the bumper but his door is crushed, sez his car is old anyway so forget about it

Like the drunk in the parking lot the OP obviously had an accident with some one who did not want to talk to the po-lice for whatever reason
    People who back into spots in parking lots annoy me, and a lot of other people, a lot.

how about people who back out of parking spots?

In a mini van with no windows backing in was a smart idea because it will be easier than backing out to leave

unless a drunk ignores the backup lights & drives behind you at 10:30 in the am
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know