WTB Used touring ski, 108ish width, 186-190 length

Looking for a used touring ski to work within my minimal budget. 6'3" 210 reformed snowboarder, like to ski fast and jump things but also enjoy meadow skipping and skiing trees. I ski a 191 Billygoat inbounds and have toured several years in everything the Wasatch has to throw at me on Voile drifters. I want something that is a little more manageable in less than optimal conditions but can still deal with a good pow day. A Wasatch touring daily driver....

Some skis that interest me...

Fischer Ranger 108
    Blizzard Zero G 108
    On3P Steeple
    Line Sick Day Tourist
    Atomic Backland 109
    Down Skis Lowdown (missed the damn group buy )

I am ok with well loved pre mounted skis. I would like to keep it under 400.

What do you have? What should I consider that isn't on the list?

Dynafit Chugach off of EVO is neato at $239 but heavier than I want to lug around. Should I just say F-it and man up to those and do more cardio and squats???

WWMD?

The Chugach may not be as light as the zero g but they're not ridiculous for touring. I honestly don't know why you don't get the Hokkaido since they're even cheaper.

But evo has you covered for a backland 102

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/atom...1565/clone.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Bump
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Kastle bmx 108 188cm @ 305 w/ dynafit ft 12 radicals and skins. Great shape = $600

Probably wider than what you're looking for, but I have some almost new (~5 days) Steeple 116's for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have some brand new 189 Steeple 108’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have Dynafit huscarans with bindings skins and crampons for $370 + shipping. A really light but hard charging ski!

I have a pair of Zero G 108 in 185cm, mounted with Fritschi Vipec black bindings, on the line for 305bsl. Looking to sell the whole set up. Would be more than you're price range with the bindings, but I may be willing to part them out if needed. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Kastle bmx 108 188cm @ 305 w/ dynafit ft 12 radicals and skins. Great shape = $600
    What is the weight on that setup? Would you sell flat?
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Probably wider than what you're looking for, but I have some almost new (~5 days) Steeple 116's for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh man I will keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I have some brand new 189 Steeple 108’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You've been pmd
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_McRiper View Post
    I have Dynafit huscarans with bindings skins and crampons for $370 + shipping. A really light but hard charging ski!
    I'm thinking on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    I have a pair of Zero G 108 in 185cm, mounted with Fritschi Vipec black bindings, on the line for 305bsl. Looking to sell the whole set up. Would be more than you're price range with the bindings, but I may be willing to part them out if needed. Send me a PM if you're interested.
    You've been PMd

Thanks for the responses... things are looking up!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Get back at me garuda the zero g is what daddy really wants for the weight savings but if I don't here back soon I won't be able to pass on the steeples....
    Bunny Don't Surf

I've got a pair of 186 Huascarans as well, mounted once with speed radicals at around 285 BSL or so (and with B&D toe shims to even out that silly ramp angle). And BD skins that fit them. I don't mean to undercut AlpineMcriper, but I'd sell the whole package for like $350. Or $150 for the skis and skins.

There're a couple of dings in the bases, but nothing too bad that'll affect performance, especially in the backcountry. They could use a tune too, but they are in pretty good shape and they'll ski well. PM me and I can shoot you some photos.

I live in SLC if you're around.

Just buy alpine mcripper's setup. It's a ridiculously good deal and very capable setup (and I need to stop being tempted)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

$200 for Dynastar Cham 2.0 108s in 184cm, mounted for 22 Designs Vice with a 30.0 boot. Holes shouldn’t conflict with an alpine/AT mount.

I have a pair of icelantic vanguard's. I'm about your size. They're in fine shape, but I worry a little too floppy. I tour them with a soft boot. I'm local Wasatch so you could check them out. Price is definitely negotiable. Has inserts for dynafit radical (original) so if your bsl is close to 300 could be an easy mount.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011