Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Be it Sight, Sound, Smell, or Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    FIFY.

I don’t always agree with buttah, but he’s right this time.
    How have they repressed? I'm not saying you are wrong. But repressing talent/music is quite different from not signing/supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    How have they repressed? I'm not saying you are wrong. But repressing talent/music is quite different from not signing/supporting.
    Since the dawn of R&R record companies have used their money and influence to ensure their talent gets airplay, record store appearances, etc while simultaneously closing these opportunities to independent artists and labels.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Bon Jovi over Rage Against the Machine. I think that says a lot about who's voting. Disgusting,

WTF took em so long on Cars and Dire Straits.
    Agree with all of the above. I have seen the Moody Blues as many times as most Dead Heads have seen the Dead (a bunch).
    Was always my go to band with Pink Floyd & ELP during the Trippy 70's. The first Track at 11 while flying on a hit of 4 way Window Pane was it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7lkgLGMb1o
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Been smoking 70’s Mexican dirt weed again?
    4 finger bag, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    4 finger bag, yo!
    can't remember - was a 4 finger bag a lid or half a lid?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ah, ordering bong water at the McDonald’s drive through and asking if we could have a free lid. Never got old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    can't remember - was a 4 finger bag a lid or half a lid?
    Four fingers is a lid!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I have bad news for you young whippersnappers. From the dawn of creation (Crown of Creation, great album, great song) young people have dissed their elders' music, and from the dawn of creation +1 those young people have gotten old and the young folks have dissed THEIR music. And it will happen to you. Sorry. (Actually I'm surprised that a lot of younger people like the music I grew up with--the 60's-70's stuff, and I find myself liking the 50's stuff that i was too young to listen to at the time--I don't remember our house even having a radio until I got my first transistor.).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have bad news for you young whippersnappers. From the dawn of creation (Crown of Creation, great album, great song) young people have dissed their elders' music, and from the dawn of creation +1 those young people have gotten old and the young folks have dissed THEIR music. And it will happen to you. Sorry. (Actually I'm surprised that a lot of younger people like the music I grew up with--the 60's-70's stuff, and I find myself liking the 50's stuff that i was too young to listen to at the time--I don't remember our house even having a radio until I got my first transistor.).
    Got to wonder if in 25 years, when today's "new music" is up for induction, if those who claim it's the end-all-be-all now (and the current 25 yo stuff being inducted sucks) will change their tune (no pun intended )

When I was a kid music was HUGE in my house. We always rec'd the latest and greatest for birthdays and holidays or some other special occasion. I remember when I got my tonsils out in the 2nd grade my Dad brought me home a cassette tape of Cream.

We used to take family outings to the record store on a regular basis and Dad invested in the best Hifi system money could buy always upgrading when new components came out. He couldn't wait to get a CD player when they hit the market.

Dad was big into classical and marches but really he liked everything and taught us to appreciate a wide spectrum of genres. Mom loved to sing and played piano. I had friends who never had music playing in their house and found it so strange because I doubt there was a day that we didn't.

Music was like a good book to us kids - we could get lost in it for hours singing and dancing like crazy. We even made up our own songs from time-to-time.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Growing up in the mid 70's and early 80's, I spent many hours at the local record store. The first time I set eyes on, Never Mind the Bollocks, by the Sex Pistols. I was blown away. The cover, god damn I miss vinyl, blew my young mind. The garish colors, pink and green. I needed it so badly. I love rock, but I hate the hall of shame. 2017 was a very good year for music. Minnesota Public Radio will blow your mind. So eclectic, so dialed in. Mix of old and new. Download the free app and you won't ever want to listen to anything else.
    The only thing we listen to at the ski shop. It rules so hard.

Click on the playlist, it will surprise y'all.
    https://www.thecurrent.org/
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Growing up in the mid, 70's and early 80's, I spent many hours at the local record store. The first time I set eyes on, Never Mind the Bollocks, by the Sex Pistols. I was blown away. The cover, god damn I miss vinyl, blew my young mind. The garish colors, pink and green. I needed it so badly. I love rock, but I hate the hall of shame. 2017 was a very good year for music. Minnesota Public Radio will blow your mind. So eclectic, so dialed in. Mix of old and new. Download the free app and you won't ever want to listen to anything else.
    The only thing we listen to at the ski shop. It rules so hard.

https://www.thecurrent.org/
    I had the same experience when Houses of the Holy came out in 1973 (I was 8). I went to a record store with my brother and the whole place was decked out in album covers. They were hanging from the ceiling, the were on the walls and the floor - little naked blonde haired kids climbing up those basalt stones and of course the place smelled of incense. I thought I was in some sort of secret world.

Word, KQ.
    I was also 8 in '73.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I already stated my pure disdain for the hall of shame.
    Anyone listening to music from 25 years ago needs to take a nap.
    Aren't you the guy who is constantly yammering about Dead cover bands and other derivative music from that era? Woof!

Word, KQ.
    I was also 8 in '73.
    HA! (old man)

Totally!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Aren't you the guy who is constantly yammering about Dead cover bands and other derivative music from that era? Woof!
    Um, no. I like live music, and I love to dance. I caught 60 Dead shows in the 80's and have seen Phish, 55 times since '91.
    I'll be at MSG to see Phish on NYE, I rip shit up on the dance floor.
    For real, you big dummy.
    But I only listen to the Current. I need to hear new music, daily.
    Staying fresh is the key to life. Have you heard any of Bjork's new album. Holy shit is it trippy
    Take a Lap, big boy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Um, no. I like live music, and I love to dance. I caught 60 Dead shows in the 80's and have seen Phish, 55 times since '91.
    For real, you big dummy.
    Staying fresh is the key to life.
    Take a Lap, big boy.
    Uh Huh, keeping it real guy.

Does this seem familiar?
    "Gold, pure gold. He had a movement and his nurse is named Bertha.
    I caught Bertha at the Springfield Civic Center in '85. Shortly after Jerry got busted smoking crack in his BMW in Golden Gate Park.
    He barked out the, Test me, test me, why don't you arrest me, line. Like I never heard before, so much anger.
    I love '85 Dead"
    So hawt, so fresh!
    Last edited by AaronWright; 12-14-2017 at 07:36 PM.

For real, you big dummy.
    Staying fresh is the key to life. Have you heard any of Bjork's new album. Holy shit is it trippy
    Take a Lap, big boy.
    So put on a little fairy dress, grab some glow sticks and dance around in aimless circles in the parking lot, like all the other twirlers.

BTW...Trey <3s the cock
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Hippies are alright, with me.
    Dickheads on the other hand, can take laps.
    Twirlers scare normals.
    Must suck to be one of the norms.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Never trust a hippy. They'll sell you bad drugs.

https://youtu.be/MGA18KL_xHU

Hippies are alright, with me.
    Dickheads on the other hand, can take laps.
    Twirlers scare normals.
    Must suck to be one of the norms.
    Doesn’t change the fact that The Dead were never more than mediocre and the Phish blows. I don’t mind hippies, but can’t stand shitty music
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.