Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Passing on the Pontoons, was hoping for a shorter length. (What??)
    You must be working out to be able to ski shorter sticks.

Hah!

Scouts and Rossi GS skis at the Jackson ski swap

Looking for the following:

P18s with 110 brakes

Kingpin 13s with 100-125 brakes, will trade a pair of ?-100 brake Kingpins for the wife version

Aww I said I'm down for the scouts. I'm just a poor student trying to figure out what I need lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app

And trying to figure out how well the scouts would hold on for steep ice/mountaineering

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    And trying to figure out how well the scouts would hold on for steep ice/mountaineering

I've had no issues with the Scouts in any condition. I'm just expanding my touring quiver to two skis so the Scouts are out.

I'll get them in the mail Monday.

Love the scout as a touring/mountaineering ski. Skis much stronger than more traditional touring/mountaineering stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Love the scout as a touring/mountaineering ski. Skis much stronger than more traditional touring/mountaineering stuff!
    Glad to hear! I had some 177 cochise I really liked too but found landing a jump turn I would slide a few inches each time. Hoping a long reverse camber would kinda deform to fit the slope. Did you find they were torsionally stiff enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Glad to hear! I had some 177 cochise I really liked too but found landing a jump turn I would slide a few inches each time. Hoping a long reverse camber would kinda deform to fit the slope. Did you find they were torsionally stiff enough?

I haven't had any torsional issues with them, but I did spend most of my time skiing them in TLT6Ps, not the laterally stiffest boot. I skied the Scouts inbounds for a month with no issues, all conditions from refrozen coral reef, to knee deep pow. Loved them in everything. They also have been my touring ski for just over 2 years and they are always reliable anywhere I took them.