Fuck Sling TV in all its forms

I like to watch Baseball.

I don't watch much other TV.

I subscribe to MLB.com for the regular season, it gets a little weird for the playoffs.

In the past I have gotten a 1 or 2 month subscription to Sling for access to ESPN, HS1, TBS & TNT.

Problem is now to cover all those bases so to speak you need to sign up for both Sling Orange and Blue. It starts to get pricey @ 40.00 a month.

Add to that the constant dropping of the signal by Sling or resetting to the home page.

Just called Customer Relations and was told, "very sorry".

Fuck them.

Whew.

Maybe you want to just pay $20 a year for access to all the radio broadcasts through the MLB At Bat app on your phone. Spend the savings on one of them fancy Bluetooth speakers.

Last nite the Cubs Dodgers game was just completely unwatchable to the point where I turned it off. The stream kept buffering or kicking out completely.

Fuck You SlingTV!

I switched from sling to PlayStation Vue. In my city, it’s $30 instead of $40 so it ends up cheaper than sling for the same channels

(Never had trouble with our internet signal like that tho...it may not be sling’s issue, but your ISP’s)

There's a lot of other options for streaming live TV. Hulu, Playstation Vue, Direct TV Now, YouTube TV and maybe more I'm forgetting. They all offer free trials. Maybe it's time to give another one a shot?

What are you using to stream Sling? If it's an older device it may struggle to handle some of the newer, more demanding streaming content. I'm using PS Vue and have an older Roku that handles most of the content fine but for some reason NFL Red Zone is a buffer fest. It works fine on my Fire box though. If it's an option try adjusting the video resolution down from 1080 to 720, that might help. If you're connecting via wi-fi try plugging the device into your router directly via ethernet.
    The Sheriff is near!

I have a few month old Apple TV, I reloaded the sling app many times. Sling just could not perform last night. So pissed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I tried Sling on one of their 3 month promotions (get a free Roku with it). I have slow internet - 6mbps DSL - but Netflix, Hulu, and HBO all streamed in HD fine. Sling was terrible. Pixelated, buffered constantly. Basically unwatchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

We have hard wired 100 mbps. It has worked well with only a few issues until last night.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Fuck Sling TV in all its forms

I just cut the cord.

Tried Hulu Live. Sports were borderline unwatchable because it streams at 30fps.

Cancelled it and subscribed to DirecTV Now. Much better. 60fps and sports look similar to broadcast TV. It also turned out to be much cheaper - I didn’t know about the $25 per month credit for DTV Now that I had a sort of my AT&T cell phone plan. With that, you can get a pretty good plan for $10 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We have hard wired 100 mbps. It has worked well with only a few issues until last night.
    I would say it's time to look for a new provider then. I've been very pleased with PS Vue so far. With the aforementioned exception it runs clean through all my devices with an internet speed of 12 mbps.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    I just cut the cord.

Tried Hulu Live. Sports were borderline unwatchable because it streams at 30fps.

Cancelled it and subscribed to DirecTV Now. Much better. 60fps and sports look similar to broadcast TV. It also turned out to be much cheaper - I didn’t know about the $25 per month credit for DTV Now that I had a sort of my AT&T cell phone plan. With that, you can get a pretty good plan for $10 per month.
    I would like to switch to DTV Now because I'm an AT&T customer also but they limit streaming to 2 devices at the same time which is a deal breaker for me. PS Vue allows for 5. Not sure why DTV is so fucking tight.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I have a few month old Apple TV, I reloaded the sling app many times. Sling just could not perform last night. So pissed.
    i used the 3mo deal with sling to buy the apple tv 4, then switched to PSVue

Last night was much better even though the Cubs lost. Only reset to the home page 1 or 2 times.

Must have been issues Sat. night.

Called Sling to complain, basically told to get fucked. Disputed the charge with my CC company and was given a 100% credit for the charge.

All is now well.