Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Isn’t that area on the wrong side of the pass to get much snow ?
    They get lots of snow there. You'd just never know since it all blows away. If the hill faces the right direction and has enough foliage it could hold a decent amount. Windy as fuck though. There's a guy who is developing the London Mine over on Mosquito pass as a back country hut gig. He was shooting for a resort until he learnt what park county is like in mid winter above 11k.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Couple pics with more info in the comments. Part of me feels like this is likely headed for an abrupt education in the art of complying with zoning laws, but who knows...

Sounds like fun. To what extent are you processing the tress and clearing the ground? I like that saw. Torquey.

I can see them getting away with clearing the land since it is private but throwing up a chairlift can't be as easy as just buying one and installing it? If so, time to crowd fund a TGR ski run up there or somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    I can see them getting away with clearing the land since it is private but throwing up a chairlift can't be as easy as just buying one and installing it? If so, time to crowd fund a TGR ski run up there or somewhere else.
    did it say chair? I totally assumed rope tow/surface type lift.

If I was building a private ski lift on private property I sure as hell wouldn't ask for volunteers on Facebook, especially with a promise of free beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Did some sleuthing through public records. I'm going to guess that records aren't completely up to date but it does appear that they own one 48 acre parcel just north of Alma, on the east aspect of Mt. Bross. About 600 vert on that parcel. To get 300 acres they presumably also purchased a couple adjacent parcels and the property records aren't updated yet.

Edit to add: purchase of most of the other vacant lots in the immediate vicinity would add up to about 300 acres, with USFS access.

They have a rope tow. If they can pull it off then more power to em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    If I was building a private ski lift on private property I sure as hell wouldn't ask for volunteers on Facebook, especially with a promise of free beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Did some sleuthing through public records. I'm going to guess that records aren't completely up to date but it does appear that they own one 48 acre parcel just north of Alma, on the east aspect of Mt. Bross. About 600 vert on that parcel. To get 300 acres they presumably also purchased a couple adjacent parcels and the property records aren't updated yet.

Edit to add: purchase of most of the other vacant lots in the immediate vicinity would add up to about 300 acres, with USFS access.
    This sounds like a ruse to distract the public from their real objective of building supersecret underground EMP weapons manufacturing facility on the property. Splitboard manufacturing my ass. Dopey volunteers show up with chainsaws and chaps and next thing you know you just traded 9-5 for 5-10 in a federal correctional facility as an accessory to terrorism.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This sounds like a ruse to distract the public from their real objective of building supersecret underground EMP weapons manufacturing facility on the property. Splitboard manufacturing my ass. Dopey volunteers show up with chainsaws and chaps and next thing you know you just traded 9-5 for 5-10 in a federal correctional facility as an accessory to terrorism.
    I was thinking you would end up getting abducted and butt raped by a giant alien probe but your story is plausible.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    The real question is will the rope tow connect over to Copper and Vail? If that's the case I am moving back to Colorado.

(waits for OG maggots to catch on)

Why do they need a lift if they're splitboarders?