Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Heh, had to pull the trigger after the extra 10%. Posting a latent discount code though...ballsy.
    Nothing secret about it. Right from a podcast.

Gotcha thought it was secret cause it said expired Feb 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    My wife seemed ok with it when I bought them, until later when she realized that I still needed skins and bindings.....
    Speaking of skins, if you're looking for the Speedskins this was the cheapest I found them: https://trueoutdoors.ca/clearance/ge...o-48424-c.html
    $125 Maple Dollahs, plus $25 for shipping (also, out of 182s because I bought the last pair.....)
    Out of 189s too. 195s left. Damn.

Skins at snowinn for 108 + 12 ship .
    All sizes as of earlier this morning

Was the final straw that broke my resistance.

The camels back isn't so strong!

the powell10 pushed me over the edge. would you mount marker tour f10 or G3 onyx on these? have both. right coast.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    the powell10 pushed me over the edge. would you mount marker tour f10 or G3 onyx on these? have both. right coast.
    I just got 189's. Onyx and sell me your F10

Picked up the 182's for moderate speeds in tight, deep spots. From that review they seem like they're pretty stout and ski long, I could easily ski the 189 or 195, but already have other huge skis.

Thanks!

What you all think of the Chugach??

More skis is always the best approach but if I were getting two pair I'd probably think about the chugach as the second. Deal not quite as good though and I can't help thinking I'd rather have camber underfoot in that skinnier waist width.

I would have rather had the Chugach too but not worth the extra $$ imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    What you all think of the Chugach??

More skis is always the best approach but if I were getting two pair I'd probably think about the chugach as the second. Deal not quite as good though and I can't help thinking I'd rather have camber underfoot in that skinnier waist width.
    I was thinking the same thing. If the Chugach had a bit of camber underfoot it would have been worth the extra IMO.

If anyone wants to send me a pair in gratitude -- I'll happily PM you my address. And then I'd feel less worried about sending along my spare lhasa pow to a mag in need .

Picked up a pair of 189s. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Picked up the 182's for moderate speeds in tight, deep spots. From that review they seem like they're pretty stout and ski long, I could easily ski the 189 or 195, but already have other huge skis.

Thanks!
    I bet you usually buy the magnums too, except this time.

Do I put Beast 16s on these or Vipecs?

Thanjs for the heads up on the skis and the snowinn skins.

Yeah-
    I live in Maine, already own skis 117 underfoot and ski at speeds that most here would consider slow.
    Three good reasons to ignore this deal. By any description of this ski, I am the last person who needs a Hokkaido.

So I went with the 189, thinking they would ski short.

Fuckin powell10

Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    Yeah-
    I live in Maine, already own skis 117 underfoot and ski at speeds that most here would consider slow.
    Three good reasons to ignore this deal. By any description of this ski, I am the last person who needs a Hokkaido.

So I went with the 189, thinking they would ski short.

Fuckin powell10
    Ha! I live in Maine and went with the 181 Chugach

What do you all thing about those Dynafit skins? Looks like you can throw them on the deal for about $150 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    What do you all thing about those Dynafit skins? Looks like you can throw them on the deal for about $150 extra.
    I’ve had a pair on my Manaslus for several seasons. Good tip and tail attachment, ok glue and excellent skin to snow (grip/glide) performance.

Pretty sure Dynafit skins are just rebranded pomoca's no? I have a set of mohair mix from them and while I don't love their adjustment (not an issue on the dynafits) the glide and glue are money.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Pretty sure Dynafit skins are just rebranded pomoca's no? I have a set of mohair mix from them and while I don't love their adjustment (not an issue on the dynafits) the glide and glue are money.
    Yes they are, I think the "Climb Pro Glide" model (70/30 mohair/nylon). I really like my Dynafit-branded skins for my Huascarans; unlike lots of people here I am a big fan of the tip and tail attachment, and the glue is just the right amount of sticky.

Scrolling through, I see they are out of 182's and 189's.
    Not so.
    Just scored 182's, and there were 189's. Maybe somebody at Evo found a hidden stash.
    And pwell10 still works.

Could not resist with the promo... got the skin + ski pkg for just north of 300.

$150 for a new pair of skis broke me down. Hoping these work as a good side country ski. Just need to get some binders now.

I couldn't resist with the 10% extra code. $146 shipped...

Ordered the "189" cm ones, they arrived today. Sticker says 188cm, graphics on ski says 189. They're heavier and stiffer than any Dynafit-branded ski I've ever seen before -- feel like a regular in-bounds ski, not some running-up-a-mountain-on-toothpicks ski. Sticker says drill with a 4.1 bit, so I guess there's a metal topsheet in there. No positive camber -- instead, a long gradual reverse camber under the whole ski (like Volkls of recent years), plus more pronounced tip rocker.

I think I'll mount them with the clearance Beast 16s I picked up last year. Seems like a ski usable inbounds as well as touring.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

FYI: Dynafit Hokkaido for $162 on EVO, All sizes

^^^el chupe. If you have buyers remorse, let me know. Or if you want to sell them in a year. Depending on bsl. I had the same mount and idea planned. Sort of a big mountain tour, sidecountry rig. Not super light, but solid. I could even make an effort to get to Rose some day.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Out of 189s too. 195s left. Damn.
    Just saw that thread and this saves me.

Was thinking I needed something to mount my beasts on.