Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    wait- wtf
    the link above says the GF was buried and died and then he was so distraught he took his own life??
    wow. fuck that is tragic
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    wait- wtf
    the link above says the GF was buried and died and then he was so distraught he took his own life??
    wow. fuck that is tragic
    Indeed.
    So very sad...

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

As if avalanche fatalities are not already hard enough.

Condolences and thoughts/prayers to all friends and family.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

About as tragic as it gets. Can't imagine what the families are going through. I wish for his parent's sake HK could have held on...not judging him, but I've read stuff his dad Michael Kennedy has written about his son's climbing ambitions, all the worry it caused him even though Michael himself at the top of the climbing game for a long time and was the founder/publisher of Climbing Magazine for decades.

And I also really feel for Inge Perkins' family because in situations like this the lesser known person tends to be mentioned as sort of an afterthought, which is tragic in and of itself and has to be hurtful, even though not intended that way. So much to process here. I hope the families can find peace some day.

Horrific

A different level of tragic
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Folks in the bozone thought they were buried together until the details came out today. So Shitty. Read Hayden’s writing in alpinist. The kid was gifted. Condolences to his family and friends.

Can't imagine how I would feel if I was in an avi with my wife and she didn't survive.

Think of all the arm-chair quarterbacking, second guessing, judgment passing we instinctively do after and incident - then think of doing all that when it was you who made whatever decisions were made.

You could tell yourself that you both had experience, you both knew the risks and you both accepted the choices that were made on the day - I don't think it would help though.

Just crushing

Horrific news to hear today. Inge was a friend. Such a nice girl and a light in the community. Absolute crusher as a climber and a very competent skier/alpinist to boot. I didn't know Hayden, but if inge was willing to hang with him he must have been a good dude. Prayers and love to everyone affected.

brutally sad.

I didn't know anyone involved personally, but this hit me really, really hard. Like was mentioned above, I think it's because it really makes me wonder how I'd respond in a similar situation.

Echo the thoughts of love to all those affected.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

This is tragic.

Tragic in so many ways. RIP to both.

no words, what a gut punch.

RIP, and condolences to all who knew them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So sad. Damn. RIP and condolences to their families and friends

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is horrible. The more I read the available official info, the more horrible it becomes. I really pity them. And even more so their family and friends, who need to hang in there, no matter what follows.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    the Upper Taylor Fork trailhead.
    I rolled up to that trailhead on Sunday with my dog to go hiking, and saw a ton of vehicles. I was looking for some solitude, figured it was a hiking club or a bunch of hunters, so I turned around and went down to another trailhead. Did not even get out of my car. Those vehicles must have been SAR.

So tragic. Vibes to all family & friends.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I thought this was bad when I read it yesterday. Today is so much more tragic.
    Hoping friends and family can come through this sad event.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Despite not knowing him Hayden Kennedy was the only alpinist/skier/person that whose actions consistently impressed me. Through interviews and his stellar writing I really felt like I knew him despite not having climbing in years and being close to meadow skipping bc skier. RIP Inge and Hayden. What an horrible way to start the season.

Terrible and tragic. Deepest Condolences to their friends and family
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Absolutely devastating. RIP

Any word on if they were wearing beacons or not?

Quote Originally Posted by philly552 View Post
    Absolutely devastating. RIP

Any word on if they were wearing beacons or not?
    From Doug Chabot, GNFAC.....

https://www.outsideonline.com/224869...n-kennedy-dies

Beacons off and in packs..... Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

Wow.

Really sucks. Anyone who has skied BC long enough has forgot to turn on their beacon or made one of the 1000 mistakes that can get you hurt or killed. Most the time we get lucky and get to learn from it. They weren't fortunate enough on this occasion. A humbling reminder that if some of the best in the world can make a simple error, we can too.

Been reading this as it rolls in all day. As someone who climbs and skis often with my significant other, I feel absolutely fucking sick. The ultimate nightmare.

So much sorrow for the friends and family of both of these incredible people.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

This whole thing is sad, I thought this a little weird...

Hayden “never called 911” to report the slide, Chabot said. “He left a note with locations as to where the avalanche happened. They were incredibly clear directions for where to find her.”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    This whole thing is sad, I thought this a little weird...

Hayden “never called 911” to report the slide, Chabot said. “He left a note with locations as to where the avalanche happened. They were incredibly clear directions for where to find her.”
    I wondered about this too. I'll leave my thoughts to myself but this stuck out as odd.

RIP to all those involved and thoughts to their families. This is a pretty awful scenario.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app