Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi

I need to rewatch it. Going Sunday as well.

So much information in a short time. And I was hammered.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Should I buy tix for 3D or not 3D?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

We did not do 3D and didn’t miss it

Did 3D. It's almost too much.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Saw it in 2D and thought it was really good.

Overall the movie was really good. I thought it got better as it went. Some of the more slapsticky parts in the beginning felt a bit forced but settled in as it went on.

The last battle on the salt was really cool visually.

I liked it.
    They did a great job of balancing the IV-VI stars and further developing the new characters.
    Looking forward to Episode 9!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I liked it.
    They did a great job of balancing the IV-VI stars and further developing the new characters.
    Looking forward to Episode 9!
    ya'll should start a "spoilers" thread, I won't be seeing it anytime soon and don't really care about the "suprise" of movies.

This.

People go nuts when it's done about game of thrones.

This is fucking STAR WARS... BITCHES.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Weak effort IMO. Would give it *maybe* 2-stars.

Rogue One was much better.

I liked it... much better than The Force Awakens. Reminded me more of The Empire Strikes Back in some ways.

Saw it in today in 2D. Really liked it. Remind me of the old school first episode. The way Star Wars should be done. Looking forward episode nine
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Saw it in 3D and it wasn't too much for me. Finger points didn't stick out of the screen.

Loved it. I liked the jokes. I liked the various homages. Mark Hammil was great. Lots of wooden dialog, but yes that's Star Wars.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

My first impression walking outta the theater was the 1st half was kinda slow and the 2nd half was kinda awesome.
    If you're a fanboy you can break it down and find plenty of fault(s) but its a Star Wars movie for chrissakes, don't take it too seriously
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Kind of mixed feelings about this one. 7/10. I thought Rogue One was better. Outside of Rey and Poe the characters just don't have the charisma that Han Solo and Darth Vader brought to the screen. IMO. I wish that I could unsee the prequels . They kind of ruined the franchise for me. I was such a huge fan of the originals that I will still go see any new ones and I do like the direction the franchise is going. The Han Solo movie should be awesome.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Best Star Wars since Phantom Menace. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    The Han Solo movie should be awesome.
    It’ll be interesting to see the Ron Howard effect. Generally I really like his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see the Ron Howard effect. Generally I really like his movies.
    I agree. I wasn't too interested in the Hand Solo flick until Opie took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I agree. I wasn't too interested in the Hand Solo flick until Opie took over.
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Ha!

Stupid autocorrect

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.26.50 PM.png
Views: 327
Size:  368.1 KB

Saw it last night. Agree with others that Rogue One is the best so far of the Disney Era.

Does anyone feel like maybe Rogue One is designed to appeal to us aging X'ers that grew up on these movies, but want a more adult theme?
    It seems like the Last Jedi was basically establishing the fact that these characters were the new Luke, Leia, Han, moving forward. Literally killing off Luke and Han, and the real world finishing off Leia, which will have to be addressed in the next movie.

I guess half way through the movie I just started feeling a little old. If they keep the Rogue One franchise going, I think it may become more adult.

Several times during the movie my wife would question holes in the story, and I would just tell her to shut off her adult brain, turn on her 8 year old brain, and enjoy the movie. That about sums it up. These are written for children. We want to still be that child when we walk into the movie. I felt like that in Rogue One, not in these last 2 from the original storyline.

Agree. Rouge One was fantastic. Best of the franchise so far. I left The Last Jedi a bit disappointed. It was “meh” IMO.

To me it boils down to the lack of quality villains that pulls my opinions down a bit on a specific movie. I like them a bit darker toned too. A bit of comedy / slap stick humor is ok, but needs to be kept to a minimum.

Hope the next one drifts back to the Rouge One blueprint.

Just saw it. Enjoyed it all the way through. I agree that the major bad guy tension is not there, but I appreciated the internal conflicts of the characters. I really liked Luke's arc. Very believable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

FWIW, LA Times writer Jen Yamato has been posting a ton of interviews and think-pieces on TLJ.
    Full-on geek/nerds may want to search those out (but be warned: they do contain a TON of spoilers, though, so don't read 'em until you've seen the movie).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Meh. Too much crammed into 2.5 hours. Every prior cliche'd hook from previous episodes. Poorly established story lines. Was not engaged like for Rogue One. The trailers rock because they pull on emotions, but this franchise rarely delivers on character connections.