Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    GF wants to disaster tour. Too early?

Played Stonetree today. Crystal clear and beautiful. Fire still raging in Sonoma.
    Aren't there curfews in place still?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    GF wants to disaster tour. Too early?

Played Stonetree today. Crystal clear and beautiful. Fire still raging in Sonoma.
    Re GF - seems early to me, but I received an email from Rochioli on Westside Rd in Healdsburg and their tasting room is open.

Way too early. National guard has roadblocks keeping everyone out of mandatory evac zones. Don't be a burden on the resources over there until it is done.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

From the entrance to my mom's neighborhood where the police had blocked off access to the mandatory evac zone. Needless to say there was universal agreement with the guy on the left.

Name:  WikiupGuy.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  100.3 KB
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

WTF? I mean, yeah, it's frustrating, but I'm sure there are all sorts of potential hazards in those evacuation zones that have not been abated.

Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Napa/Sonoma Fires

What an asshole. Many roads aren’t open yet because there are powerlines across them.

Why someone would choose to come to Sonoma County right now I can’t understand... I’ve been avoiding the air up in Truckee for nearly 2 weeks.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

A frIend's house and the lobo fire

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

HOLY FUCK
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

That was a successfully used defensible space. Firefighters put a truck there and were able to stand their ground

Just drove up the Bitterroot this morning and you could see stuff like that in Lolo. From the road, when you looked up the hill, it looked like patches of the fire stopped within a few feet of some people's houses (and others it didn't, I guese :/).
    No longer stuck.

Things are slowly returning to "normal" around here... or the new normal. Still smoke in the air and I spent the entire weekend doing laundry / dishes, hosing down windows, etc.

28% of the land (!) in the Sonoma Valley burned. With more access opening up, I'll post some pics later. Going to go check up on my favorite MTB trails and see what's left of them.

This is my friend's house in Santa Rosa...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 10.41.46 AM.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	214369

Gonna be a very very long time before anything approaching normal returns, I'm afraid.

Good Chron article on what needs to happen over the next few months...
    http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...l-12297951.php
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yet another fucked up video from Oct 9th. Pretty much looks like a hurricane of fire.

"Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Gonna be a very very long time before anything approaching normal returns, I'm afraid.
    It depends where. The plaza in Sonoma was packed with tourists this weekend, like usual, so that was good to see. The businesses need it.

Word. In terms of the community impact though, gonna be felt for years and years.

Might have to make a date trip up there next month just to patronize businesses.

Looks like Dresden
    No longer stuck.

Crazy.

Out friends house was spared with the fire coming within feet of it, then changing direction.

That fire video is insane.

Wife has a conference in Napa this Thursday through Saturday.

Is the smoke still thick up there?

Amazing is people who lost everything trying to get on with normals parts of their lives, like work. Teachers, for instance, reporting to work with no home to go back to at the end of the day.

From the two recent fires in western Nevada county, 40-ish homes burned down. The area was previously having a housing issue with limited availability of affordable rental houses. Now it's a real problem. I imagine that it's really bad in napa and Sonoma counties.

Napa/Sonoma Fires

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Crazy.

Out friends house was spared with the fire coming within feet of it, then changing direction.

That fire video is insane.

Wife has a conference in Napa this Thursday through Saturday.

Is the smoke still thick up there?
    Smoke is fine now, depending on the winds. Napa probably better than Sonoma. But people have stopped wearing masks.

LightRanger- come up with the wife and we can all go out. We are so wiped at this point we’ll be looking for any excuse to ditch the kids for an evening.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Amazing is people who lost everything trying to get on with normals parts of their lives, like work. Teachers, for instance, reporting to work with no home to go back to at the end of the day.

From the two recent fires in western Nevada county, 40-ish homes burned down. The area was previously having a housing issue with limited availability of affordable rental houses. Now it's a real problem. I imagine that it's really bad in napa and Sonoma counties.
    Exactly. Our kid's English teacher lost her home in Santa Rosa. Her first day back, all the kids lined up and gave her big hugs. Tough lady. Good person for our kid to learn from.