Feeler WTB: Size med short travel full suss 29er

Hi,

Looking to upgrade my wife's bike from her current 2008 Specialized Era to a modern geo short travel 29er. I picked up a tallboy about a year ago and have felt like that bike (with good tires, a shock upgrade and a nice fork) has been a really good match for the trails that we like to ride around here. So here's a list of what I'm looking for:

1. ~100mm rear travel
    2. ~120mm front travel
    3. Carbon preferred but open to other materials also
    4. Should be an efficient climber
    5. Confidence inspiring on the downhill
    (I realize that sometimes 4 and 5 can work against each other a little bit, but I'm really looking for her to enjoy the downhill more than she currently does on her Era)
    6. Playful riding characteristics
    7. Relatively light weight - would like to stay around 27# or less

I'm not opposed to pulling some of her components off of her current bike (10-speed XO drivetrain, carbon bars, etc.) to lighten up the new bike, so would like to prioritize frame, suspension, and wheels. She's not super agro, so it doesn't have to be overbuilt.

Anybody have anything out there they will be unloading in the near future that fits this bill?

Seth

Seems to be lots of smugglers,evils ripley ls out there for decent price on pinkbike last I looked. Been a couple months though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks! Been watching PB for Devinci Atlas, Sals Horsethief and Spearfish, and Santa Cruz tallboy, but will add a few of the suggestions above.

Seth

I've got one of my demo BMC SpeedFox 29ers that will be for sale shortly, in the 01-level build. It's a ridiculously awesome bike: 25 lbs (if that), XTR-level components, Fox 34 Factory fork, DT Swiss XM1501 wheels (with 240 hubs), and a Reverb dropper.

It does have 130mm of travel front/rear, but with the efficient pedaling and lockout on the rear shock, it climbs/rides a lot more like an XC bike.

Bit heavy but the Kona Process 111 is an amazingly fun bike. I owned 2. Climbed very well for what it was, especially seated. Still some new stock at Kona for last years deelux. Haven't looked but there must be lots for sale as its a discontinued model and therefore un-rideable

Here you go Seth:
    http://konaworld.com/hei_hei_al_dl.cfm
    If you want plastic over aluminum, they have that too. The Hei Hei is a super efficient, super capable machine.

Sweet. Thanks guys. Been keeping an eye out on pinkbike and CL.

Got a medium 2016 Evil Following frame I'm looking to sell at some point in order to get the new frame, would be happy to sell it to ya although not sure if you want to start a full build...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I have a 2017 Carbon Niner Rip 9 RDO size medium i am getting ready to sell. SRAM XO1 Eagle, carbon cranks, Guide Ultimate brakes, very nice build. I is a bit longer travel (155 rear, 160 front), but it climbs like an animal, and descends incredibly. it does have a 67 degree head angle, so its still very nimble

That sounds awesome, but I don't think it's the right tool. I'm also starting to second guess the medium size.