Thread: Indoor trainer

Indoor trainer

Hey guys,
    Does anyone have a lead on a cheap indoor trainer? What brand/model is your favorite?

Got a plate in my other shoulder so they now match. Got a few weeks to ride inside.

Craigslist.

eBay. I just bought a cyclops but coulda had a kinetic or tacx for equal or lesser price.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone have a lead on a cheap indoor trainer? What brand/model is your favorite?

Got a plate in my other shoulder so they now match. Got a few weeks to ride inside.

I've actually got an older cyclops mag trainer i'm trying to get rid of. i've got a trainer tire for 700 cc or 29" brand new that goes with it. hit me up if you are interested. its currently at $75 with the tire and skewer with no interest... Hit me up with a good offer and i'd be happy to hook you up.

^^^ If not that one, I'd argue for a used Kurt Kinetic fluid off Craigslist for sure. Inexpensive, durable, works well for what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Get rollers.

^^This. If you have to ride indoors ride rollers.

Riding on rollers is much more enjoyable, more challenging, and you get a better workout (IME) than on a standard trainer. I borrow a set of metal tubed rollers and a few years ago, my brother got a set of plastic tubed rollers. Difference is night and day. His plastic tubes are louder, not as smooth, and eventually warped.

Last recommendation - buy a set of trainer-specific tires. Trust me on this.

Seth

Right on thanks guys,
    Ended up getting a membership at the gym.

Kurt Kinetic / road machine. Tough + effective... not a magnetic crap

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant TGR Forums

I'd argue to spend a bit more up front...i used to ride 10k miles a year in AZ but live in Breck now...cant get that many miles so have a kurt kinetic rock and roll. Super nice and can be found used. Tried the standard mag trainer and it was brutal. Think there is a thread about that somewhere...

Had rollers but I'm not as smooth as I used to be so quite a bit more challenging - and I can multi task on the kk

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Had rollers but I'm not as smooth as I used to be so quite a bit more challenging - and I can multi task on the kk
    This is precisely the reason is recommend rollers. I would start to multitask and I wouldn't actually get a hold workout.

I have learned to watch movies on the rollers, but I just can't relax like I could on the mag trainer (which is a good thing).

The action scenes are a little more stressful because I know how close I've come to riding right off the side...!

Seth

I know a lady who is a solid rider, racer, really strong. She worked out all the time on a roller, was distracted, rode off the side and broke her arm. You have to pay attention on those things. For me, I prefer brain-dead activity if I'm wind-training and would probably be a total fail on the rollers.

Fork stand for the rollers. Done.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^ True. I still like my Cyclops well enough that I would stick with it.