Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dreamer question

Google didn't help. TGR rules. I have two friends who are dreamers. Brought here by their parents at age 3 and 5. What law did they break? What other laws do we have that punish kids for being at the scene of a crime at that age? What am I missing?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

They aren't embryos. Haven't you heard? We only care about embryos.

Actually, no. We care about sperm, too... you know, every sperm is sacred...

You know sperm and embryos and eggs. They arent sinners yet.

Does rubbing one out in the shower make me a mass murderer?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

the sewer system has long been a mass grave

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Google didn't help. TGR rules. I have two friends who are dreamers. Brought here by their parents at age 3 and 5. What law did they break? What other laws do we have that punish kids for being at the scene of a crime at that age? What am I missing?
    An in law who was brought here as a toddler was deported a few years back. Had been arrested for something minor. Was sent back to Central America, where he had no friends or family and didn't speak any Spanish. He was killed on the streets a few months later.

What am I missing?
    Simply, they are not citizens or even legal residences. They haven't specifically broken any laws afaik.

mtngirl- I have a truck driver question. I'll ask you tomorrow.

silver - Thanks for making me feel. and for nothing

shroom - I'm thinking same. Was raised around the underground railroad. My turn? MAGA?

4matic - Thanks. So we just need to keep fucking over someone who is dark. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    They aren't embryos. Haven't you heard? We only care about embryos.

Did you get lost on your way to Polyass?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Too much good knowledge here. It's not political. It's personal.

Too much good knowledge here. It's not political. It's personal.
    I would venture that, as kids, and (mostly) under the supervision of adults, they broke no Federal law relating to entry into the US.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Did you get lost on your way to Polyass?
    Says the guy who revived an old thread about alcohol to talk about guns

They entered the country illegal or overstayed a legal entrance. Even if they were little they still broke US laws and therefore need to be punished. Just listen to right wing talk radio it is very simple, especially since they are brown people. The right wing law and order types don't care that they had no say in the matter, they can damn well walk back to where they came from now that they are older. They are the reason America is not great any more, and as soon as Trump gets rid of all these social parasites, he will make America great again.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    They entered the country illegal or overstayed a legal entrance. Even if they were little they still broke US laws and therefore need to be punished. Just listen to right wing talk radio it is very simple, especially since they are brown people. The right wing law and order types don't care that they had no say in the matter, they can damn well walk back to where they came from now that they are older. They are the reason America is not great any more, and as soon as Trump gets rid of all these social parasites, he will make America great again.
    Careful there. There are plenty of folks on this forum who won't get the sarcasm. And you could get kidnapped and reprogrammed by Pelosi's goons. Happened to a friend of a guy I met in a bar. Now the guy is all antifa and everything. True story.

I'm inclined to agree with Hut for the reasoning behind many laws. I am really curious as to how a 5 year old breaks a law and if we have any other laws on the books that holds children can be guilty and worthy of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Careful there. There are plenty of folks on this forum who won't get the sarcasm. And you could get kidnapped and reprogrammed by Pelosi's goons. Happened to a friend of a guy I met in a bar. Now the guy is all antifa and everything. True story.
    Sarcasm??? Maybe I've bee kidnapped and reprogrammed by Steve King's goons

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I feel for the "dreamers." For all practical purposes they are Americans. Raised here, schooled here, in many cases only truly fluent in English.

But there IS a problem of incentives. If you allow every dreamer to stay, just give them citizenship say, what is the incentive for future parents in other places? If you open the door 100% for dreamers, you will encourage hundreds of thousands or millions of parents in other countries to bring their kids here illegally because you've now set a precedent.

Their parents made choices for them to bring them here. Sure it isn't their fault any more than its the fault of child if his father gambles away the family net worth but does that mean the rest of US society OWES that kid an inheritance or in the dreamer's case citizenship?

Not fair? Yes. Simple as giving out citizenship to those who came here illegally? NO

I do think that one partial solution is to open up MORE opportunities for these sorts of people who want to stay and contribute such as military service and perhaps some other non-military route (civil service of some sort).
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I feel for the "dreamers." For all practical purposes they are Americans. Raised here, schooled here, in many cases only truly fluent in English.

But there IS a problem of incentives. If you allow every dreamer to stay, just give them citizenship say, what is the incentive for future parents in other places? If you open the door 100% for dreamers, you will encourage hundreds of thousands or millions of parents in other countries to bring their kids here illegally because you've now set a precedent.

Their parents made choices for them to bring them here. Sure it isn't their fault any more than its the fault of child if his father gambles away the family net worth but does that mean the rest of US society OWES that kid an inheritance or in the dreamer's case citizenship?

Not fair? Yes. Simple as giving out citizenship to those who came here illegally? NO

I do think that one partial solution is to open up MORE opportunities for these sorts of people who want to stay and contribute such as military service and perhaps some other non-military route (civil service of some sort).
    Totally agree with the above comments. It is a fucked situation that can only be fixed by making the immigration laws more realistic. I think there should be an easily had work permit program for everyone to come here and work.

That said, those individuals and their families will still need to follow the rules regarding getting a Green Card and if desired, becoming a citizen down the road. No automatic citizenship if born here to parents where neither is a US citizen.

But ya, for the kids brought here, go to school, get a skill we need and or want and apply for a Work Visa, then a Green Card and away you go.

This would not be hard to resolve. The politicians are just to lazy to fix a system that rewards breaking the laws of pretty much any country.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Dreamers are an actual date determined class. There are no new Dreamers so the incentive is not available anymore.

Population growth ex-immigrant is flat to down. Economic growth without immigrant population growth be damn near impossible.

Dreamer question

It's no crime. Makes me think of the Elian Gonzalez case.

Lots of laws saying a minor without a parent present should be returned to family in country of origin. That protects USA children abroad too. So if the parent is deported the kid should go to. You can't tell me family services should hold on to him. What if the fucking parent or family wants them back?

But I guess if they make it to 18, and are here through no action of their own, we should not punish them if they elect to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Dreamers are an actual date determined class. There are no new Dreamers so the incentive is not available anymore.
    Ignorant replies are as informative as the knowledgeable ones.

They are a window into the minds of the people we elected to make the decisions because those people are seemingly the most ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

This would not be hard to resolve. .
    Just a constitutional amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Just a constitutional amendment.
    Right???? And how many of those were done when it was deemed necessary? It would not be hard to resolve IMO. Problem is we have an ineffective bipartisan legislature that are to hung up on fucking each other over rather than leading this country in a positive direction.
    While we are doing amendments, how about another limiting each CONgressman, Senator and POTUS to one 6 year term. If they are termed out from the git go, maybe they will do their fucking jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.