Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I agree. A young new girl in the office is a young new girl no matter what she wears. She can meet up after work with the office mates and get hit on. Where does it end?

There are just guys like that. 5% is probably a good number, but it much higher with guys that are not pervs but will still try to sleep with the new girl.

Having a 13 yr old girl I think I may try open carrying a glock around town to lay down a solid foundation for her. Scary.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    An attractive young woman will be hit on no matter what she wears.

Again, different people, different tastes.

Being well dressed is attractive. Sexy, to some I bet sexier than wearing attire that would be considered "slutty"

This is the first time that mtngrl has changed her "kids should be able to dress like mom" to "only if mom ain't fucking crazy."

So now that we've wrapped that up in a neat little package, next on the #metoo docket is Olympic Gold Medalist Makayla Maroney:

Name:  4574462700000578-4994396-Maroney_opened_up_in_a_tweet_in_the_wake_of_the_Harvey_Weinstein-a-7_15.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  105.1 KB

I know someone who suffered similar at that hands a of a doctor in her youth.

A healthcare provider's responsibility and trust is only superseded by that of close family.

I think that doc should have his fingers smashed with a hammer, balls cut off, and thrown in the prison... gen pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

You think it mattered what she was wearing?

There's so much wrong with so many of the posts here. Considering mtngirl is the only female here, her opinion is really the only one that matters. As men, it is time for us to shut the fuck up, listen, and reflect on our own behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Considering mtngirl is the only female here, her opinion is really the only one that matters.
    Bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

There's so much wrong with so many of the posts here. Considering mtngirl is the only female here, her opinion is really the only one that matters. As men, it is time for us to shut the fuck up, listen, and reflect on our own behaviours.
    Heh. I've seen you on my facebook feed Doughboyshredder. Everytime an issue arises this guy goes out of his way to shame anyone who dares speak on the topic other than someone who identifies with the disenfranchised side of the issue. Lots of preaching about listening, and learning, and yet never doing either. Smugly.

You guys are a fucking riot. Don't ever change.

Now, did we get an answer on that chicken?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Bullshit.
    Please enlighten me to how your opinion as a make is relevant to the discussion.

"Because it's my opinion!" Is not an acceptable answer.

Please enlighten me to how your opinion as a make is relevant to the discussion.

(your drunk ass typos intentionally replicated)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Is there any mainstream acceptable adult "male" clothing that would be deemed inappropriate for little boys? Could boys wear a suit like daddy does? Carharts? Little boys can mimick dad.

What about girls? I'm wearing a spaghetti strapped aline dress that does a couple inches above my knees with a tiny bit of cleavage, a cardigan and knee high boots with over the knee socks.

It's fine for my biz casual office and I bet a ton of people would find it inappropriate for little girls.

What's the difference? Little boys get to practice shaving but little girls in lipstick are inappropriate?

How do little girls learn to be women without practicing and copying older kids and adults?

It's a problem with how people look at young girls, not with what young girls are wearing.
    Do you read what people write or do you just respond with the first thing in your head?

Tell me why a 9 year old should be going to school dressed as the slutty Kardashian? Is it empowerment - or is it corporate America selling sex younger and younger in order to expand market share?

I don't care what you are wearing. You aren't a 9 year old are you?

If my daughter wanted to dress like mommy does for school - great. If they want to dress like dad for work- awesome. If they want to wear an outfit that pretends they have cleavage - we are going to have a long talk about how our society has decided that women need to do stupid shit like wear high heels even though they cause permanent damage, live up to an impossible body image, spend money on cosmetics she doesn't need because she is beautiful as she is plus our society telling her to play the nice (but available) girl. All this crap that is right out of Madison ave and does nothing for them but turn them into little consuming machines. I see all these messages as part of the same problem. Not to mention the messages to boys that this is what you should desire - and that you should desire it at a younger and younger age.

Sex sells, baby.

But hey - if your ok with that. Fine, but I am not ok with it.

Because the Kardashian clothes and make up isn't the problem, it's the symptom.

It's normal and natural for little girls to want to dress like adult women. Don't shame them for it.

I like your analogy

I am not shaming anyone.

I am trying to raise daughters that see these disease for what it is. To diagnose the disease you first recognize the symptoms.

Dressing like an adult is not the disease- thinking you have to dress like a Kardashian to gain social approval at in grade 3 - prob at least a tumor.

If you look at the little boys in those pageants, (they have them) you will find little boys in suits and dressed like cowboys... in other words, not sexualized at all.
    Haven't you heard the terms "every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man"? Or "cowboy butts drive me nuts"?

Please define "sexualized".

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    Haven't you heard the terms "every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man"? Or "cowboy butts drive me nuts"?

Please define "sexualized".
    Yes. A sharp dressed man. Say dressed up for a date? You could dress your 4 year old, your seven year old, your any age year old just like that sharp dressed man.

What about a woman dressed up for a date?

You really aren't trying to say you think it's the same thing. Honestly.

A sharp dressed man is attractive... and generally fully covered.

A women has to make all sorts of choices on how much skin to show and then will be harshly judged for it.

Yes. A sharp dressed man. Say dressed up for a date? You could dress your 4 year old, your seven year old, your any age year old just like that sharp dressed man.

What about a woman dressed up for a date?

You really aren't trying to say you think it's the same thing. Honestly.

A sharp dressed man is attractive... and generally fully covered.

A women has to make all sorts of choices on how much skin to show and then will be harshly judged for it.
    I'm saying beauty (or "sexualized") is in the eye of the beholder. Like Chappelle said, dressing like a whore doesn't make you a whore, but it sure is confusing.

Or we could stop objectifying people, but you would rather not.

You like the status quo.

You know I don't know a woman that hasn't been raped.

Raped.

You think it's all a fun game as long as you get to see tits.

It's not. It's fucked up and you can laugh and joke about it because it's not you.

You like the status quo.

You know I don't know a woman that hasn't been raped.

Raped.
    You are so full of bullshit that you buy your own psychosis. Way to go all the way.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I nominate this tread for most deviation from original topic.

The past couple pages, twilight zone
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It is not about the clothes.

A whole lot of the posts on this thread are Exhibit A for why Weinstein got away with it for so long. Even ones where people are trying to hold some sort of bogus "objective" intellectual high ground. Until more folks of my gender begin to understand the pervasiveness of abuse, and the power asymmetry that enables it, nothing is going to change.

mtngirl is holding the moral and intellectual high ground here.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    It is not about the clothes.

A whole lot of the posts on this thread are Exhibit A for why Weinstein got away with it for so long. Even ones where people are trying to hold some sort of bogus "objective" intellectual high ground. Until more folks of my gender begin to understand the pervasiveness of abuse, and the power asymmetry that enables it, nothing is going to change.

mtngirl is holding the moral and intellectual high ground here.
    Yep

This whole Weinstein thing really has uncorked a lot of women to tell their stories. For whatever reasons so many have kept this hidden and its good that the curtain is pulled back on this abuse. I hope my daughter never has to deal with the groping, roofies, harrassment, etc.

Because its a "discussion."

By definition a discussion requires multiple people to add their opinions. If Mtgirl wants to write out a monologue and have no discussion, she can. She can find a venue to have it published in a newspaper or website, print it on paper and post it on street signs, drop it from airplanes, start a website, etc. But when you post it in a thread here, the format is of discussion, so I'm free to and in fact by form encouraged to discuss.

This actually hits on a critical point that "SJWs", "Woke people," etc. just don't seem to get how they oft times are undermining the opportunity for your arguments to be heard and understood and sympathized with. When you try to shut down contrary opinions or say that only you or the victimized person or class has a legitimate opinion to be heard, you immediately and completely close down the ears and minds of exactly those people that you most could seed with understanding and possibly change the opinions of.

Look, I'm a more socially liberal person to start with. I fully support womens rights as a son, husband, father, and friend of women, but when you and/or others say that my opinion doesn't matter and claim this high and mighty preaching stance for yourself or say that only mtgirls opinion matters it makes me want to ignore you and her. Imagine how those who you aren't as supportive to start with or aren't "woke" to these issues feel. They WILL ignore your arguments, make fun of you and your arguments.
    Its easy to preach to the choir but if you actually want to convince people on the fence or on the other side then you have to hear different opinions and make your arguments in a sane and convincing manner, not tell them to shut up and rant off on tangents that make you seem unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

It's not, though. The way things are for girls makes them into women... the women that make excuses for bad behavior or blame themselves for harassment, assault or rape.. or can't even trust themselves enough to believe it happened.

In most cases, I don't think it's even intentional. I don't think my father wanted me to think being female made me crazy and stupid and irrational... but when you grow up bring told that, and hearing constant belittling complaints and comments, what do you think? Ohh that's just the "other women", not me? Not my mother?

Being told to cover your body means there is something shameful about your body. Equating what women wear to how boys behave means that the future victims have already been conditioned to blame themselves even though when interviewed, rapists can not remember what their victims were wearing..

Have you ever noticed how people like to tell little girls how cute or pretty they are or compliment their dress?

What about boys? Do you know that the things you notice and comment on are the things that become important? Think about asking about what book she read or what she did today... like you would if she were a boy.

Just think about the comments you make, the jokes you laugh at, the attitudes you hold and ask yourself if that's what you want girls to grow up thinking about themselves because we are already fighting advertising, the media, popular culture, toy manufactures..

Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

If my kiddo asks what "painting with a broad brush" means, I'll point them to the past few pages.

This Harvey Weinstein thing.....

Mtngirl, I agree with the gist of your argument. That said, your method of speaking in absolutes distracts from your points.

Throw an “I think”, or an “in my opinion”, in there once a while.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It is absolute. It is absolutely fucked up.

Also, you learn in English 101 not to say I think or I believe because it weakens your argument. . You know it is what I think and believe because I'm typing it.