Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    It's wrong
    All of it is wrong
    Some things are more bad than other things
    Crime shouldn't be conflated with run of the mill dick behavior
    Process shouldn't be abandoned for expediency in matters that significantly alter people's lives/careers

these are the same points metoo makes, but from the perspective of the other gender

if that's unacceptable, we've become a mass of ignorant puppets, content to trade the vagaries of splitting with those of injustice

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=51792548
    it's obviously messy and just like generations of women got fucked over unjustifiably by asshole men, it's possible a few men are going to get fucked over unjustifiably in this current process. it's unfortunate, but in the scope of many imperfect things in the universe dominated be men, i'm ok with it. it's weird to want to get bogged down in minutiae of differentiation when male heads are on the chopping block. for women in these circles being female and attractive was enough. matt damon patting louis ck on the back for his bullshit apology doesn't add anything.

men judging men for crimes against women is always good comedy

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    men judging men for crimes against women is always good comedy
    And by always you mean 'whenever it's some other man?' Or are you saying you chuckle as you type?

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    I got money riding on Bobby Flay being a dirtball.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Likely suspect, probably with boys. ^^^^^^^^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

it's obviously messy and just like generations of women got fucked over unjustifiably by asshole men, it's possible a few men are going to get fucked over unjustifiably in this current process. it's unfortunate, but in the scope of many imperfect things in the universe dominated be men, i'm ok with it.
    same thing when you get ass cancer, collateral damage
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

The world is full of scumbags but hollyweird has a higher concentration of them.
    Hope they all go to jail and get a taste of their own perversion.
    I said this before but do they not have sisters, daughters or nieces? How would they like it if someone treating a female family member like that.

Btw yes sick fucks can make masterpieces but when woody allen hooked up with his daughter that ruined it for me. I now refuse to watch any of his movies and I loved his work.
    He is the personification of genius artist sick fuck disgusting piece of shit

it's really interesting how the media controls us. These women coming out would have no power to make a mass demonstration without the media hyping the shit out of it. We stare at our big screens and little screens as we're told what to buy, what to think. now, social media lets us go ONLINE and tell the world how we feel. We can judge everything from the cozy seat behind the keyboard. Take a step back, to the 70's for example and think how things USED to be and then compare to how bizarre our world has become. Wrong thread for this, this is the thread where we get to spew about how awful these men are, we're freedom fighters ...with a keyboard. Let's print up some hats and t shirts and storm the bastille

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But how the fuck will I be able to say "10 minutes to Wapner" or "I'm a very good driver" (to use a couple of examples) ever again? The thought will hit me, and maybe I'll even say it before thinking it, but the memory is permanently tainted.

Def def definitely

let him that is without sin cast the first stone
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    We stare at our big screens and little screens as we're told what to buy, what to think. now, social media lets us go ONLINE and tell the world how we feel.
    Times like now are great to have an apple tv & no cable. Content filter

@wyeaster - If you take the emotion away and look at what Damon said, he praised CK for owning up to his misdeeds, saying "we can work with that." And that the examples of Trump and others that deny & get away are incredibly destructive in terms of promoting dishonesty.

Damon's a family guy and one of the brighter minds in hollyweird. Dismissing mostly good people in favor of intolerant fanaticism only serves to undermine the valuable and righteous mission at hand in metoo. It's the same strategy that led to mtngrl going off the deep end... Respect for others is what justifies the demands of metoo, so you better show a bit of respect for non-abusers when trying to 'advance the cause.' Disparaging Damon for trying to focus the debate comes off as opportunistic hypocrisy to many.

[QUOTE=Kenny Satch;5195673
    I said this before but do they not have sisters, daughters or nieces? How would they like it if someone treating a female family member like that.
    of shit[/QUOTE]

Yes man, Dustin was undressing in front of his high school age, daughters friend.

Extra creepy.

"When we're on set, we become one"

-Dustin Hoffman's penis speaking through his mouth, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Times like now are great to have an apple tv & no cable. Content filter

@wyeaster - If you take the emotion away and look at what Damon said, he praised CK for owning up to his misdeeds, saying "we can work with that." And that the examples of Trump and others that deny & get away are incredibly destructive in terms of promoting dishonesty.

Damon's a family guy and one of the brighter minds in hollyweird. Dismissing mostly good people in favor of intolerant fanaticism only serves to undermine the valuable and righteous mission at hand in metoo. It's the same strategy that led to mtngrl going off the deep end... Respect for others is what justifies the demands of metoo, so you better show a bit of respect for non-abusers when trying to 'advance the cause.' Disparaging Damon for trying to focus the debate comes off as opportunistic hypocrisy to many.
    No way, Damon was partner with Weinstein on many deals. And he stood by and made money with him while his female friends and colleagues endured hell.

The guy is a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    There are LOADS of famous people who were morally reprehensible, yet their works are still revered to this day. Same logic. Some examples? William S. Borroughs, William Golding (Lord of the Flies), J. D. Salinger (The Catcher in the Rye), Charlie Chaplin, Elvis was notorious for sleepovers with young tweens (preferably virgins), Chuck Berry, R. Kelly, Woody Allen, the list can go on and on and on and on.
    R. Kelly? Really?

Righteousness (also called rectitude) is "the quality of being morally right or justifiable." It can also be considered synonymous with "rightness". It is a concept that can be found in Dharmic traditions and Abrahamic traditions as a theological concept. For example, from various perspectives in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam

because being Righteous is just so HAWT right now

Van Morrison wrote:

"Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief
    I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief
    It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain
    It's the fact that I always have to explain."
    We are currently under a regime of repression, if we don't resist, America becomes a two class society. As always, I turn to music for truth and faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    No way, Damon was partner with Weinstein on many deals. And he stood by and made money with him while his female friends and colleagues endured hell.

The guy is a pussy.
    Ok man, I don't really see much in the way of an argument, but carry on with your mission.

yeah, what a pussy, afraid to speak up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    R. Kelly? Really?
    Haha. So you caught the one I snuck in there for giggles. Guy's a total sleeze, but his work is definitely not on the same level as some of my other examples. I still laugh so hard at Dave Chappelle's R. kelly bit.

Post-Weinstein, any of the guys I listed would be absolutely strung up alive, tarred and feathered these days.

“'Hey man, I'm just here for the tunes. I don't know about that other stuff. I just like the dancing and the music. I don't condone the extracurriculars."

OhmyGOSH!!!!!!!!

Garrison Keillor.....Tom Ashbrook....

And now.....

....and now 😱😱........

Bugs Bunny ??????????????

When will it end?????

more matt damon insight

Effie T Brown on Matt Damon: diversity comments make sense in his mind

The Project Greenlight judge, who challenged Damon on his diversity remarks, addressed the ensuing controversy during a panel at the New York film festival

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...amon-diversity

Damon was heavily criticised on social media for his comments, leading to the creation of the hashtag #Damonsplaining on Twitter. Writing for Salon, gender and African studies expert Brittney Cooper said Damon’s statements “reflect a troubling belief in the myth of meritocracy … and in notions of racial colorblindness.”

<Matt Damon has backed himself into a corner with hypocritical gay comments>

On Sunday, during a New York film festival panel on diversity in Hollywood, Brown said that while grateful for her experience on Project Greenlight, she’s hurt that Damon hasn’t contacted her to address the controversy. “I haven’t heard a goddamned thing,” she lamented. “Starting the show, he was one of the people I was super excited to be with. He’s so smart, very thoughtful, a super cool guy – and then to just be like, ‘Wow, you must think I’m the fucking devil.’ I have a feeling it’s because I’m a little too ‘in strength’.”

In the episode, Brown’s taken-aback response is simply: “Wow. OK.” She said, however, that she “totally disagreed with what was said”. “To be real about it, I couldn’t go head on against the biggest movie star in the world,” she added. “I want to work again. I’m a ballsy chick, but he has the No 1 movie in the country and will probably win an Oscar. I’m trying to pay my mortgage so Chase doesn’t take it. That’s where I’m coming from.”

<Matt Damon apologises for diversity in film gaffe>

Brown said she was deeply touched by the support she received on social media. “I really thought I was alone with that whole diversity comment,” she said. “I was like maybe Black Twitterwill get it. What is so great is that it grew – there was an immediate call and response. It was quickly acknowledged that this was no longer OK.”

oops! i forgot to put it in the pc/sjw/emotion-based response thread. my bad!

Sadly Twitter does not really reflect the real worlds views.

kind of like most of what you read. admirable comment tho

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Ok man, I don't really see much in the way of an argument, but carry on with your mission.
    Hollyweird requires you to sell your sole to the devil sometimes and matt did. He knew the guy was a creep from paltrow and he kept making movies with the guy until he got big enough to do good. It’s the american dream.

Are you guys buddies or something?

kind of like most of what you read. admirable comment tho
    Thanks