Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    NY Times has been sitting on this story for 13 years.... I guess they didn't want to embarrass one of Obama & Hildabeast's biggest supporters.

Roman Polanski 2.0
    Let's not be overtly political here. A creep is a Creep. Roger Ailes/Harvey Weinstein two sides to the same damn coin. I honestly believe this drives the point home that at heart, powerful rich Republicans and Dems are one and then same. The rest of us are just pawns in their wicked games.

This Harvey Weinstein thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    NBC News passed on a story by contributor Ronan Farrow that it allegedly possessed in August about three separate rape allegations against Harvey Weinstein that eventually appeared in the New Yorker Tuesday, according to a report.
    I posted the link one page back. Quite a read.

N/m....I see your point about NBC. Wonder what Rachel has had to say about this, and what she thinks of her employer passing on it. Wonder who all knew at NBC news. You’d think Mika B, would be all over this.

Ed: guess I found my answer.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/35...einstein-story

Props to Farrow for not being intimidated, also to the New Yorker.

The video is interesting.
    So this story was known about by multiple news agencies, who were too intimidated to report it.

So a left wing Hollywood mogul had the power to control the news...not surprised.

Looks like the wife is packing out. Better get his money before everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Let's not be overtly political here. A creep is a Creep. Roger Ailes/Harvey Weinstein two sides to the same damn coin. I honestly believe this drives the point home that at heart, powerful rich Republicans and Dems are one and then same. The rest of us are just pawns in their wicked games.
    And both were incredibly ugly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    I posted the link one page back. Quite a read.

N/m....I see your point about NBC. Wonder what Rachel has had to say about this, and what she thinks of her employer passing on it. Wonder who all knew at NBC news. You’d think Mika B, would be all over this.

Ed: guess I found my answer.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/35...einstein-story

Props to Farrow for not being intimidated, also to the New Yorker.

The video is interesting.
    So this story was known about by multiple news agencies, who were too intimidated to report it.

So a left wing Hollywood mogul had the power to control the news...not surprised.
    Yeah, but, how long did the New Yorker, or anybody in Conde Nast, know about this? They partied with him a lot.

Seems Hollywood has know how much of a creep Weinstein has been for ages. But then when the news (finally) hits, celebs be like "I had no idea!"...Yeah, right.

https://youtu.be/KCNvREKTnQc

https://youtu.be/0ceNfXrccbQ

Sent from my Moto G Play using TGR Forums mobile app

Print news, cable news and network news have been passing on HW exposés for years. NBC is just one example.

Sadly, this ilk of sexual predators are not that uncommon.

It's a fact that every douche like Matt Damon, who spent endless amounts of time hanging with this creep, knew for yrs.

I doubt he ever made a pass at Hillary so she claim ugly in my book.

I think it's fair.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Powerful men who are sexual predators in Washington and Hollywood and your local church have been around for decades. This stuff pre-dates JFK. Why the sudden outrage now?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I didn't know there were sides to take here. Which side should I be on? The right side?
    One would of hoped Bunny...

One would have hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wife out in record time, no waffling.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Powerful men who are sexual predators in Washington and Hollywood and your local church have been around for decades. This stuff pre-dates JFK. Why the sudden outrage now?

Is it a co incidence Harvey was outed during a republican administration? Or that republican creeps are outed by Democrats.

We're all just puppets man, try not to ruin the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Is it a co incidence Harvey was outed during a republican administration? Or that republican creeps are outed by Democrats.

We're all just puppets man, try not to ruin the show.
    Just so we're clear...carry on!

Just so we're clear: if Harvey was a republican and was caught on tape bragging about such behavior he would be elected president
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Cosby was a black republican? I think that you just can’t keep this stuff secret anymore, it’s only been accelerating since Clinton was not given the jfk treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Cosby was a black republican?.
    Cosby was black?! You'd never know it from his TV shows.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I wonder if this will bring out any of the hollywood pedophilia accusers. Remember the two Corey's? And the one died - had a history of drug use, etc. The other Corey had stated there were parties for child actors and these creeps would groom them, then do what they do. And I think a couple other child actors talked about it, but would never point fingers because the abusers were powerful men in the industry. (and since they are older now, the statute of limitations prevents criminal charges? something like that.) All of it is just sickening.

This Harvey Weinstein thing.....

X-men director was accused of pimping teenage boys to his friends.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/micha...r-lawsuit.html

The problem is often the only recourse is civil/monetary. And the low life attorneys ask everyone to settle, and go quiet. Meanwhile the cops chase skate boarders.

It's a disgusting world.

fuck. who are these people?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    One would of hoped Bunny...

One would have hoped.
    Oh. You mean your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It's a fact that every douche like Matt Damon, who spent endless amounts of time hanging with this creep, knew for yrs.

I doubt he ever made a pass at Hillary so she claim ugly in my book.

I think it's fair.

Do you have firsthand evidence? I'm just curious. You say it is a fact as if you do. I have not found anything concrete about this, so I'm hoping you might have some info.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

The only fact I can offer is that most of these people that get busted for sexual assault are repeat offenders, so it’s my impression that people close to them may know. At least if they choose to acknowledge that the behavior is inappropriate anyway. I read Missoula a couple of months ago, women have it pretty bad wrt Justice in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Point was not to say there aren't creeps in Hollywood. But, your news outlet doesn't GAF about the date rape committed by your frat bro.

Your kid, or mine, is much more likely to have some fellow college student molest her than a famous Hollywood person. You don't see anyone on here get up in arms about the fed government raising the standards of proof on sexual harassment complaints at colleges.

You guys are funny. If you think so little of Hollywood, then why do you give a damn about the story?

You're being distracted by shit that won't affect you. You should be asking yourselves - why?
    The current standards of what constitutes rape in the University of California system have essentially turned the majority of students into rapists. The UC position is that you can't consent when you are drunk. Picture a Thursday night, a sorority girl is writing a paper and finishes around midnight. She texts her frat boy boyfriend, who is out at the bars. An hour later he comes home and they have sex. Because he is drunk, he cannot give consent, so she is raping him. That is how absurd things have become. There is no grey area here, a person who is under the influence cannot give consent. So anyone who had drunk sex after a college party was both raping and being raped. My guess is that that makes many posters in this thread both victims and perpetrators. And no, the fact that they were dating in my little story means nothing to the UC system, that girl is a rapist according to them. I hate Betty De Vos, she has no business being where she is, but she does have a point about this shit.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The only fact I can offer is that most of these people that get busted for sexual assault are repeat offenders, so it’s my impression that people close to them may know. At least if they choose to acknowledge that the behavior is inappropriate anyway. I read Missoula a couple of months ago, women have it pretty bad wrt Justice in this country.
    That is not surprising. I'm not saying that people like Damon don't know, I really have no firsthand knowledge of the subject and it would not shock me if they do, but the poster seemed to sure that I thought he might have some sort of source. My guess is that lots of Hollywood power players knew about Harvey's (alleged, don't want to get sued ) behavior and looked the other way, I just don't know if for a fact.

My guess is that lots of women will keep coming forwarded. I would be shocked if 100% of them are telling the truth. I would be even more shocked if 100% of them are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    The current standards of what constitutes rape in the University of California system have essentially turned the majority of students into rapists. The UC position is that you can't consent when you are drunk. Picture a Thursday night, a sorority girl is writing a paper and finishes around midnight. She texts her frat boy boyfriend, who is out at the bars. An hour later he comes home and they have sex. Because he is drunk, he cannot give consent, so she is raping him. That is how absurd things have become. There is no grey area here, a person who is under the influence cannot give consent. So anyone who had drunk sex after a college party was both raping and being raped. My guess is that that makes many posters in this thread both victims and perpetrators. And no, the fact that they were dating in my little story means nothing to the UC system, that girl is a rapist according to them. I hate Betty De Vos, she has no business being where she is, but she does have a point about this shit.
    I understand what you're saying. There are a million scenarios. One can be made up for any argument to be made. There are definitely at least two sides to the argument. (I do think I was jumped by a girl when I was drunk at least once at UC Davis. Long time ago...)

My point of view comes from investigating sexual harassment and assault cases in behalf of schools. It's pretty intense.

The overwhelming majority of victims are scared to report and go through the process. The change in standard will likely make even fewer (thanks, Stannis B.) want to report.

The Title IX guidance for the standard of proof went from a preponderance of evidence ("more likely than not it happened") to a higher standard, "clear and convincing evidence." Harder to prove in a "he said, she said" contest.

These are not criminal cases - these are disciplinary cases. These are also cases that schools need to track to show they're properly protecting the students.

I will admit that having a daughter makes me focus on women's rights and safety in a protective manner. (So sue me...)

Anyway, I am interrupting the appropriate bashing of the rich, famous, and powerful. Carry on...