Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I hope you keep posting in this thread as you make steady progress.

That must have been some shitwhip....my goodness.

Name:  1cf9c76ca50b0393509fb33ca0aafaab875d4ae6df32836d42eef80fda68eda9.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  48.9 KB

dude heal up~!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

How are you holding up? Hope you are on the healing road...

Just saw this thread.

DUDE! you came to a sudden stop and lived.

Best of luck.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but he may not have viable BMAC in his iliac crest for them to harvest the cells from...

Seriously vibes, cmor. Injuries suck, and it sounds like you got it bad this time. Like was said above, find the absolute best PT you can and push yourself as hard as they say you should. When you're not doing PT: rest, eat healthfully, sleep tons, try to reduce your stress, etc. Wish I had more to offer. Make sure you take plenty of vitamin D since it sounds like you won't be outside in the sunshine much.
    I know you got your hands full, Chris. I wouldn't blithely make the suggestion without having had a really good experience myself and knowledge of other people's recoveries having been made miraculous. Eight years after Dr. Rebecca saved my knee with stem cells, I'm still ecstatic about it, having gone from simpering gimp to skiing without a brace and never thinking about it. You got some serious rehab ahead of you. If your healing got the rush of stem cells kicking in three months from now the way it worked with me, I can't help but feel it'd be like a salvation.

The wonderful Dr. Rebecca was hit by a snowboarder while skiing at Squaw and was rushed to the hospital in Reno by her husband, maggot Patches. Her spleen was in three pieces. She used to have the image on her cell phone. She had a doc friend waiting to thread the pieces back together and then she did stem cell treatments and grew her spleen back together. I don't know how often that happens. I had a girlfriend who took the steering column to her chest when we got in a head on collision and they removed her spleen.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I know you got your hands full, Chris. I wouldn't blithely make the suggestion without having had a really good experience myself and knowledge of other people's recoveries having been made miraculous. Eight years after Dr. Rebecca saved my knee with stem cells, I'm still ecstatic about it, having gone from simpering gimp to skiing without a brace and never thinking about it. You got some serious rehab ahead of you. If your healing got the rush of stem cells kicking in three months from now the way it worked with me, I can't help but feel it'd be like a salvation.

The wonderful Dr. Rebecca was hit by a snowboarder while skiing at Squaw and was rushed to the hospital in Reno by her husband, maggot Patches. Her spleen was in three pieces. She used to have the image on her cell phone. She had a doc friend waiting to thread the pieces back together and then she did stem cell treatments and grew her spleen back together. I don't know how often that happens. I had a girlfriend who took the steering column to her chest when we got in a head on collision and they removed her spleen.
    I hear you, Pat. jesski had stem cells on her ankle twice now, and it has made a big difference.

I'm just conjecturing that drilling another hole (or two) in his pelvis to harvest BMAC from the illiac crest may not be advisable with his pelvis already shattered and held together by screws. He should absolutely ask his docs the question, but they may say it's not advisable because of the proximity of his injuries to the typical harvest site. But I'm not a doc, so I don't really know. Maybe it's a non-issue, or maybe they can harvest the BMAC from somewhere else.

Hope you heal up cmor!
    Last edited by auvgeek; Yesterday at 03:03 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke