Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Anyone have a recommendation for tire shops in Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey that might have small size AT tires and would be open on a Sunday?

Driving back from Whistler to Oregon tomorrow, and my facking snow tire has a separated tread so I’m now on my donut. Ideally looking for a small size AT tire like a BFG T/A KO2 or a Yokohama Geolandar ATS that I can get in an LT size (225/65R17).

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for tire shops in Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey that might have small size AT tires and would be open on a Sunday?

Driving back from Whistler to Oregon tomorrow, and my facking snow tire has a separated tread so I’m now on my donut. Ideally looking for a small size AT tire like a BFG T/A KO2 or a Yokohama Geolandar ATS that I can get in an LT size (225/65R17).
    Damn!!!! Off top of the head KalTire would be it. Otherwise Canadian tire North Van?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

Canadian Tire in Squamish? Its on the way and open Sundays.

Lee- any avy reports coming in from whitepass area? What PWL’s to look out for? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Lee- any avy reports coming in from whitepass area? What PWL’s to look out for? Thx
    Check Haines and Whitehorse groups? Won't surprise at all since there were early season inversions

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Damn!!!! Off top of the head KalTire would be it. Otherwise Canadian tire North Van?
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Canadian Tire in Squamish? Its on the way and open Sundays.
    Thanks ... Because I couldn't get Canadian Tire inventory off their website, and we had some peeps getting dropped off at YVR, I ended up limping ALL the way to Bellingham going between 50-70 km/h on a donut and hoping that my rear differential didn't get too overworked or fried! The donut was definitely a different radius & traction quality than the remaining tires, and I've got a 2016 Subie Forester ... hopefully the diff is still okay, it didn't make any noises or drive strangely once I got a full new set of tires in B-ham.

Most peeps on 99 were polite, and I was surprised how many would match my speed instead of passing, but a few jerkoffs were not too impressed that I was going 55 km/h with flashers on, even if I always pulled into the right lane or turnoffs ... I doubt anyone was looking but it was difficult to see that I was driving on a donut due to my rally mudflaps!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Most people wouldn't understand it, anyway, since they'd just drive full speed on the spare.

I never really got the "driving on different radius tires will mess up the diff" thing anyway. Isn't the entire point of a four wheel drive system to allow all four wheels to rotate at different speeds without a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by iwoody808 View Post
    Let me know if u need to borrow any surf toys. I got long,short, boogie, snorkel, fins. Take me 10-15 min to get em to u—less if u at Makaha Towers
    This morning was as cold as it gets here —what with the front passed, wind and all.
    Great longboard wave! Have you ever seen “Point Surf” (~6m faces)? It’s a whole diff beast.
    Look up the Valley —yellow house green roof w solar
    Panels.
    Thanks for the offer. Sunday was our last day there. We brought our small toys and rented boards from our Airbnb host. Great long board wave when small. Great short board wave when well overhead. Enjoyed it throughly! Enjoy Whistler.

We skied Chisel for the first time on Saturday, fun little couloir with a nice consistent pitch. Another group had been through ahead of us, so I expected it to be soft/chalky but it was actually pretty hardpack with any pockets of storm snow popping and running fast. Had to pay attention to edging for sure. Also Decker area was absurdly busy as we headed home, looked like lots of groups skiing on top of people on skin tracks, little pockets ripping out on northerly aspects everywhere on Decker/Pattison... kind of sketch.

Looks like it's above freezing at the peak right now with some precipitation forecast. Probably mountain biking this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Probably mountain biking this weekend.
    Will be gooood.

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Sunday was our last day there. We brought our small toys and rented boards from our Airbnb host. Great long board wave when small. Great short board wave when well overhead. Enjoyed it throughly! Enjoy Whistler.
    Thank you , I will. If I can see in the alpine one day I'm sure I can at least figure out some steeper lines without becoming a danger to myself and others. Be there every March w the family so hopefully one year we can ski.

Hope you experienced the good side of Makaha and not the knuckleheads.

Allow me to duplicate your kind offer next time you come then. My rentals r free to friendly mags. Most Canadians I've met have that universal Aloha Spirit like yourself. PM me if u want contact details.

Was just checking to see how much of the meager recent snowfall was measured, and they took the 12hr figure away again. Not sure how recent that was, but guess we won't be needing it much over the next week anyway...

Ah yes forgot about the direct telemetry link Lee- thanks for that, I believe it went around last time this issue came up so forgive me there. Hoping for some respectable accumulations since I'm likely an inbounds traveler the rest of my stay this year.

Visiting whistler this weekend, anyone going to duffy or anything? I grew up here but havent skied around for a while would love to check out anything

Sent from my SM-A520W using TGR Forums mobile app

Any updates from today/Friday on surface conditions around the Whistler high alpine? Looks like it went up to 1.5C at Peak on Tuesday then cooled off with very light snowfall. Wondering if northerly aspects stayed cool enough to harbour decent dry snow or are we looking at ice/mf crust. Still debating skiing vs biking from my cubicle.

@grambohWas tough out there yesterday. Directly under horstman hut was good skiing, but thats about it. You might have luck on 2000m plus north faces if the sun doesn't fuck it today.

@skiwurrel ill be working all weekend. Maybe as far as disease at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    @grambohWas tough out there yesterday. Directly under horstman hut was good skiing, but thats about it. You might have luck on 2000m plus north faces if the sun doesn't fuck it today.

@skiwurrel ill be working all weekend. Maybe as far as disease at the most.
    FYI The Norton step got cleaned out by a size 2 - stuck a picture in here

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/d...-baltic-bliss/

Can't embed pics so here it is in low res and a bit dark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54greatwall-aznIMG_0689.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	228387

While it snowed 4 or so at Pig Alley it probably accumulated 6 to 8 in alpine. Alpine temps -8 now. TEmps mid-day yesterday were -4 or so - http://online.whistlerblackcomb.com/...s.aspx?arg=201

So it's kind of might of be ok?

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

Thx guys. Seeing some social media’s that make it look surprisingly decent up high today! Thinking 2,400m north stuff.

FYI The Norton step got cleaned out by a size 2 - stuck a picture in here

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/d...-baltic-bliss/
    wow, looks amazing lee. no rapping required on the "brown pants"? skin track up NW face is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    wow, looks amazing lee. no rapping required on the "brown pants"? skin track up NW face is interesting
    it would be nice to have a rap but another way to do it is to send the one eyed Azn first who can then hopefully onsight the climb without tomahawking to the Hartzell glacier

Chris Prior Ride Day
    Wednesday, March 21 at 12 PM - 8 PM

I'm thinking I will skip the indoor parts of the event so I can ski instead, but I will show my support that day by skiing my Prior A-Star skis and joining the group at Peak chair before 2pm.

Pasted from https://www.facebook.com/events/222459238494075/ ...

"Join us in celebrating Chris Prior for a day of shredding his favourite runs on Whistler.

We will be meeting at 12pm in Seppo’s at the Roundhouse to unveil his memorial snowboard to help mark everything he did for the snowboard community. We will then be meeting at Peak Chair 2pm sharp to get a photo of the entire chairlift filled with Prior Skis & Boards.

After heading up Whistler Peak we will do a top to bottom descent down to Dusty’s to enjoy some live music by the Hairfarmers."

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Anyone know how much a backcountry pass is this season?

edit: Nevermind, apparently that info is on their website now. $61.95 if you're curious.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Anyone know how much a backcountry pass is this season?

edit: Nevermind, apparently that info is on their website now. $61.95 if you're curious.
    sent you a pm.

^ Thanks.

In other news, anyone have some 95mm crampons for dynafits laying around I can borrow for tomorrow?