Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

This article today on the CBC seems a fitting way to kick off another season the season for Vail North aka Whistler.

Whistler mayor not keen about day trippers from Lower Mainland
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rism-1.4340942

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This article today on the CBC seems a fitting way to kick off another season the season for Vail North aka Whistler.

Whistler mayor not keen about day trippers from Lower Mainland
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rism-1.4340942
    Kinda elitist for the mayor to say it is ok for Vancouver people to visit Whistler but they should stay for several nights. Why not close highway 99 for a few days and see how that works.

Foot. In. Mouth.

There has definitely been an increase in recent summers of clueless assholes leaving garbage around (and driving like idiots) but I don’t think they are stereotypical brown bag lunch day trippers from the lower mainland.

Any word on changes (positive or negative) to winter ops this year?

Next time i go to Whistler I think I will bring some garbage with me. I won't throw it around or anything, just use it to fill up some trash cans. Seeing full trash cans should make the mayor feel better.

Pretty ridiculous position by the mayor. That being said, while day trips are fair, asshats dropping all their garbage and walking away is pretty ignorant.

I know several people who purchased property in Whistler, hilt on it before the boom, and have been living their and doing everything they can to protect that little windfall of wealth. Some of the stories of chicanery I have heard committed by town council members in their own self interest is, well, frankly mind blowing.

The “stay multiple days”comment is totally self serving. It isn’t an inexpensive place to stay in any season....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Sorry to disrupt the political thread with some ski stuff but i'm looking to spend a bit of time over there this winter. Il'l pick up the guide book but is there any online resources you fellas uses? Not looking for stashes, happy to play tourist with the rest of em, il'l just walk a little farther.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

The guide book is great I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Does the guidebook include this area I wonder?

::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

kinda wonder if the mayor was somehow misquoted or is she really that stupid? its a fucking resort town for christ sake ... you want people to come and spend money

I worked with a guy at the WC 08 who bought a creekside lot for 12K in the late 60's, spent another 3 K putting up a cabin, sez he never goes to the village

and even further back the family who first lived there
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you want people to come and spend MORE money
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Does the guidebook include this area I wonder?

That is too funny
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

I was at the top of whistler where they had the innokshooks for the 2010 olympics and a tourist from newyawk asked aloud " I wonder what the innookshook is saying ?"

To which I responded simple " all this land is ours! "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It looks pretty silly from an outsider's perspective but ski towns are bubbles where its easy to forget that there's a big bad world out there. I bet she does well in the next election.

Anyone know what bonuses there were for spring presale of WB (not epic) passes? Can’t find the info. I swear I remember there being 2x 50% off day passes. Trying to figure out what to do for the wife, used to get a 3 day Edge but the fuckers eliminated that.

decent coverage off the hurley on saturday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OIYM9TZ.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	641.3 KB 
ID:	214506

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hUrWL4n.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	700.7 KB 
ID:	214507

No < 5-day EDGE card options and no pass sales of any kind after 11/19. Not sure how I feel about the new Vail overlords but then again my passport's expired so it doesn't matter right now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    No < 5-day EDGE card options and no pass sales of any kind after 11/19. Not sure how I feel about the new Vail overlords but then again my passport's expired so it doesn't matter right now anyway
    The BC Interior has offered better skiing value long before Vail bought Whistler, and it still does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Sorry to disrupt the political thread with some ski stuff but i'm looking to spend a bit of time over there this winter. Il'l pick up the guide book but is there any online resources you fellas uses? Not looking for stashes, happy to play tourist with the rest of em, il'l just walk a little farther.
    Hit me up if you come this way bud, happy to show you around, or at least give you some decent beta. Your contributions to the interior thread are priceless.

Did anybody get up to Cypress for opening weekend? What were conditions like? My guess would be a WROD with half of Vancouver there, but I'd be happy if I were wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know what bonuses there were for spring presale of WB (not epic) passes? Can’t find the info. I swear I remember there being 2x 50% off day passes. Trying to figure out what to do for the wife, used to get a 3 day Edge but the fuckers eliminated that.
    Will I receive benefit tickets for my friends if I purchase my Unlimited Season Pass in the spring?
    If you purchase an Adult or Senior Unlimited Season Pass before April 9, 2017, you will receive two 50% off vouchers for your friends or family. The vouchers will be sent to you via email in the fall of 2017.

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

I’ll be up visiting WB with family, including my non-skiing mid-70s parents. We’ll be staying in whistler village Christmas to New Years.

I know this a little counter to the TGR raison d’etre, but do you have any recommendations for activities for older folks?

I’m thinking of sending the folks on a sleigh ride dinner one night. Is there other stuff like that to look into for them?

Sorry for the sidetrack question & thanks for any help!

Also, any thoughts on the 2-day steep clinic run by Extremely Canadian ? (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

Also, any thoughts on the 2-day steep clinic run by Extremely Canadian ? (for me)
    If you haven’t been much. They’ll take you places you would never find and it’s a great way to cut lines.

Frankly, I’m surprised VR hasn’t forced the out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I’ll be up visiting WB with family, including my non-skiing mid-70s parents. We’ll be staying in whistler village Christmas to New Years.

I know this a little counter to the TGR raison d’etre, but do you have any recommendations for activities for older folks?

I’m thinking of sending the folks on a sleigh ride dinner one night. Is there other stuff like that to look into for them?

Sorry for the sidetrack question & thanks for any help!

Have your parents take the Whistler Gondola out of the village as foot passengers and meet you for lunch at the Roundhouse and the Peak to Peak Gondola to meet you for lunch at Blackcomb's Rendezvous Lodge (I think that is what they call it ).

Thx, gentlemen

Xmas to NY will be insanely busy so if you want to do the lunch thing with your folks on the mountain better reserve a table at either Christine's on Blackcomb or Steeps at Whistler. (I think has to be party of 6 or less.)

Otherwise you will be dragging your elderly parents through jam packed lodges trying to find a table next to screaming children and getting jostled in line for food.

I've never eaten in either, out of my price range, but I’ve heard they are good.