Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    RIP. My heart goes out to her family + friends. She was an absolute shredder.

Fuck, did not know her but it is truly awful Rest in peace and thoughts to family and friends.

really terrible, such a nice person and so vibrant...do yourself a favour and read this article, I had just actually read it last week https://www.mountainlifemedia.ca/fli...ring/pages/22/

hearts breaking for Johnny and Ty

From the rescue. Size 3 on North Creek resulting in fatality

Condolences to her husband, son, family, friends. I had read that piece in ML and it was clear she certainly was a formidable student and appreciator of the mountains.

I don't know enough to understand what I'm seeing in that picture, but it doesn't seem like a "simple" avalanche, given the inconsistent terrain and multiple crowns.

Irrelevant but not worth it's own thread.
    Anyone know of any shop in Whistler/Vancouver sell binding freedom inserts or will do the work?

Quote Originally Posted by GrantN View Post
    Irrelevant but not worth it's own thread.
    Anyone know of any shop in Whistler/Vancouver sell binding freedom inserts or will do the work?
    I think Escape Route in Whis does Quiver Killers, but I’m not aware of anywhere that does Binding Freedoms

Used up my final Edge card days over the weekend, and it was a good weekend! I wasn't really expecting much due to the lack of new snow, but Saturday was a great day. Snow conditions were surprisingly good. The weather couldn't make up its mind yesterday. The alpine lifts were closed for about an hour around noon due to lightning, but there was a little fresh snow and it wasn't too crowded. Probably my last trip up this season and it certainly ended on a high note.

Making of the tip shot.

-4 valley -8 up high. 25 fist density new snow on 30 of 1 finger density. Firm layer below No sign of the March 21st instability pwl sh layer on NW, W slopes.

Skied steep alpine slidepaths centrepunching the collection zones finding stable quintuple overhead delectable dendrites of the quality of sweet water that grew the garden of eden black mamba blowing in the passed wind from Gandalf pow

First bear sighting of the season yesterday on the mountain, a decent size black bear casually traipsing across Lower Dave, much to the delight of the crowd at Dusty's (and a few skiers who stopped right next to it to take pictures). Went off towards Kadenwood for some high class leftovers.

Edit - guess it mighta been this one, though certainly not the only recently risen ursine traveler in the area.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...nt?oid=7910323
    Last edited by PeteDee; 04-03-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Actually, there was a black bear spotted climbing the red's first tower on Sunday

I have grave concerns for the forecast this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    I have grave concerns for the forecast this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm going to trailwork on Sat instead and cruise inbounds. It's not a pretty forecast

Forecast not looking as bleak this morning as the last few days, unless I'm missing something? Warm today but looks to be cooling off by the morning. Anyone know what this means as far as returning from Blackcomb slack via Decker/7th this spring, are they plowing Green Line/Easy Out?

https://assets.vailresorts.com/-/med...n_vert_fn.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Forecast not looking as bleak this morning as the last few days, unless I'm missing something? Warm today but looks to be cooling off by the morning. Anyone know what this means as far as returning from Blackcomb slack via Decker/7th this spring, are they plowing Green Line/Easy Out?

https://assets.vailresorts.com/-/med...n_vert_fn.ashx
    https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...rica/Vancouver

that still doesn't look terrible to me. Hoping we may wipe out some of those sketchy layers.

I think dont think there would be anyway you could safely come back in thru Easy Out without ending up in the construction zone, as i think you would have to go right under the new cat skinner chair, unless you can sneak out down that shitty glade before gear jammer.

Its hard to tell whether that ski area boundary line is currently where it is, or where it will be, with a little gap to get out.

Hmm yeah could be a wet one. Think I'll ski the resort tomorrow anyway, running out of weekends to ski as we are lounging in Palm Springs the next two weekends. That's what season passes are for...

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    that still doesn't look terrible to me. Hoping we may wipe out some of those sketchy layers.

I think dont think there would be anyway you could safely come back in thru Easy Out without ending up in the construction zone, as i think you would have to go right under the new cat skinner chair, unless you can sneak out down that shitty glade before gear jammer.

Its hard to tell whether that ski area boundary line is currently where it is, or where it will be, with a little gap to get out.
    You're probably right, I doubt they will want people passing through that area at all while they are working... probably have to come back through Blackcomb glacier side or get back in time for a bump up 7th.

deli to the valley. problem solved.

Anybody up there today? Looks like decent snowfall above 1800?

Quote Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
    Anybody up there today? Looks like decent snowfall above 1800?
    Got pretty warm up top yet was also snowing wet flakes as low as base of Garbo. I was off of Peak chair early afternoon and the snow was plentiful but quite heavy. I think it would've been rippable had I been able to see past my nose. Going to head up this morning and see what there is to see.

Tues/Weds look promising if things hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Got pretty warm up top yet was also snowing wet flakes as low as base of Garbo. I was off of Peak chair early afternoon and the snow was plentiful but quite heavy. I think it would've been rippable had I been able to see past my nose. Going to head up this morning and see what there is to see.

Tues/Weds look promising if things hold up.
    Thanks for the updates

@Schemeboat. Deli to the bottom in May would be one for the history books!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Thanks for the updates

@Schemeboat. Deli to the bottom in May would be one for the history books!
    Reasonable potential for adventure skiing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Reasonable potential for adventure skiing haha.
    hah - It's a sporty event even when its firing!