Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I know there's alot of unknowns with the vail takeover but does anybody know if/how much lift ticket prices will actually go up tomorrow? The website says the pre-season "deals" last through today. We have a trip planned for january so I'm debating if its worth it to pull the trigger now or if I can hold off?

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    I know there's alot of unknowns with the vail takeover but does anybody know if/how much lift ticket prices will actually go up tomorrow? The website says the pre-season "deals" last through today. We have a trip planned for january so I'm debating if its worth it to pull the trigger now or if I can hold off?
    Buy an edge card today if you think you will ski 5 days. There will not be any deals near as good going forward. You can go on WB website and see the multi day ticket cost for your dates right now.

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

2 meters (unconsolidated) at Pig Alley is decent for mid November. Looking forward to risking my legs by bouncing over stumps and logs.

Last year opening weekend Sunday was 3m season to date with 2m settled at Pig Alley.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Buy an edge card today if you think you will ski 5 days. There will not be any deals near as good going forward. You can go on WB website and see the multi day ticket cost for your dates right now.
    Don't you have to be a canada or washington resident for the edge card? We live in Oregon. Also probably only skiing 3 days

The multi day rates are what I was looking at but it says that the current prices are only good if purchased by today. Thats why I was curious about the rate hike

I see sore legs in my immediate future
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Don't you have to be a canada or washington resident for the edge card? We live in Oregon. Also probably only skiing 3 days

The multi day rates are what I was looking at but it says that the current prices are only good if purchased by today. Thats why I was curious about the rate hike
    Oh I assumed WA for some reason. Only way to know the answer is to call WB which is impossible right now. I would just buy them since Vail’s style is not to have cheaper day rates once the season starts.

hope this pass shit show isn't indicative of how the rest of the mountain will be run this year, although from the things I'm hearing from long term staff, it's a shit show behind the scenes too...if I hadn't read this thread the Mrs and I wouldn't have figured out why she hadn't received her pass, she could've easily made time in the past few weekends to get into guest services to get the photo updated if she knew that had to happen, now she's stuck in work until the weekend and is going to get stuck standing in some stupid line for hours instead of shredding.

Did they change it? We're Oregonians and had an Edge card last year

it changed -- no more OR edge card
    i called this summer and even tho it still showed on the website at the time, the OR part of the program had been terminated

Looked into a sleigh ride when I was there with the wife last February (can't beat USD$118/night for a 1bdr condo in the village!). Was thinking a couple hundo. Nice getaway/xmas/early anniversary gift. Was thinking $200. Nope, $400+ IIRC. Too rich for my blood.

Passholders perks ?
    Anyone have the beta what perks they will be offering for this season. Will they be doing the 2 for 1 fresh tracks tickets, $500 discounted gift card deal, etc.. Also how does the discounted bring a buddy thing work. It's all so confusing. Esp since the deals are different depending on which pass you have.

Quote Originally Posted by machine_learner View Post
    Is the Alpine generally open for touring before the upper lifts are open? Never skied Whistler early season before.
    Bumping to the top. Trying to figure out how to plan my weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I talked to Guest Services this morning. The picture issue wizard604 says above is true. If you didn’t receive your new epic branded pass/EDGE card by now you need to go into guest services to get a new one. There is no way to fix this outside of Whistler. WB is supposedly adding more staff/locations to do this (Canski, Carlton etc) but it’s going to be an absolute gong show this weekend.

At least I confirmed my pass is good to go. Guess I’ll see my buddy around noon haha.
    yup i just confirmed this as well. motherfuckers... i guess i'll be one of the many at guest services on sunday morning. hoping the lines aren't too long at creekside. also, for anyone like me that forgot, if you bought your edge card before apr. 8 2017, you get unlimited skiing till dec. 15.

Quote Originally Posted by machine_learner View Post
    Bumping to the top. Trying to figure out how to plan my weekend.
    yeah you can normally tour, but its up to patrol whether they open the "gates". Generally its a good bet they will be at some point if the avi conditions are favorable

also. its fucking deep up there!

if snow-forecast is to be believed, better get after it before Tuesday!

Vail North aka Whistler Conditions 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by wizard604 View Post
    Passholders perks ?
    Anyone have the beta what perks they will be offering for this season. Will they be doing the 2 for 1 fresh tracks tickets, $500 discounted gift card deal, etc.. Also how does the discounted bring a buddy thing work. It's all so confusing. Esp since the deals are different depending on which pass you have.
    WB Unlimited pass gets two 50% off day tickets plus 20% food and retail. No mention of the $500 gift certificate or fresh tracks yet. Agree the info is harder to find than normal.

I’m shocked WB still hasn’t communicated to edge/passholders about this fiasco. There are going to be a lot of people waiting in the gondola line with last year RFID getting turned around to go to guest services for a 1+ hour wait. Huge fail to not even send a heads up email with a contingency plan.

Combine this with huge snow hype, storm forecast Saturday and it’s a recipe for a massive gong show. Can’t wait for the comedy on the sea to sky... oh well, as long as I ski pow I’ll deal with it.

apparently also hearing that if you aren't up to date on your waiver you'll need to go into GS and sign one, even if they sent you a new pass...I actually randomly read that online this morning so went to creekside to check, I apparently was up to date, but I did have a summer bike park pass so maybe that was acceptable. I shudder to think what kind of CF tomorrow morning will be

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171116_131803.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	216359

Creekside GS today... 1hr turn around time. Going to be interesting this weekend.

Fresh tracks and gift card deal are going to be offered for unlimited passholders again this season. Gift card deal TBA soon.
    Last edited by wizard604; 11-16-2017 at 07:42 PM.

[QUOTE=wizard604;5163403]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171116_131803.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	216359

Creekside GS today... 1hr turn around time. Going to be interesting this weekend.

U bastard. Got to wait in the smallest line of the weekend

I'd be very tempted to just buy a day ticket and then bitch and moan at Guest Services at the end of the day to try to get the ticket price refunded.

I'm doing that with my pass on april 22nd

how is there not some kind of ticketing office in van yet? fuck it, i'm going to baker

I'm jonesin' to ride the white stuff but a conference Friday to Sunday has me now patiently waiting and a bit of time to figure out the pass. Finger crossed I can shape my work schedule to take some week powder wellness days as the last couple of years have been near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    how is there not some kind of ticketing office in van yet? fuck it, i'm going to baker
    You can't blame Vail for that one and besides Whistler has always been a line up and overpay for just about everything kind of place. Or you could just wait until April when the crowds disappear and everything is on sale. Better chance of seeing the sun in April as well.