Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Probably no-one around either. 1 line down decker when we left at 5pm, fingers untouched, 9th hole untouched. It was such a different vibe out there yesterday, every one chatting with every one they passed rather than trying out gnar or out experience each other.
    it would rad if it was always like that. I finally got a sled this season, and it's defo more chill sledskiing than resort/slack. there's just so much terrain to ski and sledskiing feels more like a team sport with everyone kinda helping eachother moreso than racing to the goods. ...but still trying to outrad your buddies when the time comes. win/win.

for resort, even weekdays are a race during winter these days. I guress thats the tradeoff for living in a place with so many shredders. but I still love it.
    To be honest I kinda like the early morning 'game' of finding the flow of pow stash hunting and timing lift openings.

but yeah... April resort pow might be my favorite.
    good buddies. strong legs. broken-in boots. easy laps. sun. no crowds.

now... anyone wanna babysit my kid so I can do more of it?

Riding the whis gondy right now. Haven't found any pow but peak to village/Creekside laps with the groomers absolutely deserted are pretty fun. Just been laying down giant run-wide carves on perfect cord. I literally have the whole mtn to myself

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    Riding the whis gondy right now. Haven't found any pow but peak to village/Creekside laps with the groomers absolutely deserted are pretty fun. Just been laying down giant run-wide carves on perfect cord. I literally have the whole mtn to myself
    That sounds pretty fun. I may have to do the same next week. Might be a good excuse to take out the superbros.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Another super fun day up there today. Thanks to LeeLau for going biking and seemingly convincing the entire #southcoasttouring people to do same! Hopefully sneak in a few more before summer starts next week

Been banned from SCT due to Matt Gunns enormous suppurating ego. Last day of winter tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    I love april. nobody around.
    I also had a pretty good "8cm" day today.
    I’ve visited WB twice in my life. Last week of March and second week of April. Only a few spots had lines (7th Heaven) in March. None in April. Except perhaps the 30cm powder days we got on those trips. But they were just powder day lines and dissipated as terrain opened. I was shocked at how uncrowded the place felt. I imagine it feels even quieter when you leave the resort.

Five hours from door in Vancouver to Col des Summits and Icefields. Sextuple overhead blower to end pow season. T1 and Joffre with wet slides starting as the day ended

More pow yawn

Death before Download still possible

Feels like summer now for real, at least in the city.

Anyone hear more about this South Creek cornice collapse avalanche? Pro snowboard film trip I believe, on Wayne's blog says the heli pilot had to land and dig the guy out? Sketchy. Buried/injured rider still in hospital after taking a huge ride.

http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.c...l-24-2018.html
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh-qQ6_H...n-by=johnjamun

super sketchy. without knowing any of the facts i'm tempted to say someone should have known better with the huge temp spike

nice evening skin up cypress. snow up high is starting to corn up. down low isn't too sticky yet. might all change after another couple days of these temps though

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Feels like summer now for real, at least in the city.

Anyone hear more about this South Creek cornice collapse avalanche? Pro snowboard film trip I believe, on Wayne's blog says the heli pilot had to land and dig the guy out? Sketchy. Buried/injured rider still in hospital after taking a huge ride.

http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.c...l-24-2018.html
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh-qQ6_H...n-by=johnjamun
    I thnk that happend just prior to the warm up. Monday maybe. Just seems like a bit of bad luck coupled with some good luck to get him out.
    Def feels like summer here. Couple of days biking and nothing decent in the forecast for skiing got me ready to call it a season

I had to return some rental boots today (warrantied a boot a little while ago) so I figured I’d spend a little bit of time up on the hill. Some real ACL snow off of Seventh and they closed the alpine early for avy danger as things heated up. Not the most fun of conditions unless you’re just trying to get in the park!

Today the ski lifts closed an hour early (3pm) due to lightning risk. I wonder if it will happen again in the final four days of skiing.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Thinking of heading up this weekend but I can't find lift ticket prices at all let alone how much I'll pay with my edge card on that piece of shit website. Anyone know?

Epic

Off topic: Is there a spot in Whistler for recycling old skis?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Off topic: Is there a spot in Whistler for recycling old skis?
    Function junction re-use it centre

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    RUIC is now at Nester's...FYI

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    RUIC is now at Nester's...FYI
    Duly noted. Thanks!