Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks man! Order to follow.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Wildsnow's take on our book: https://www.wildsnow.com/23406/konse...book-colorado/

We'll be starting our book tour next week if any of you can join us in Basalt, Edwards, or GJ. And yes, we're working on more dates in Denver and Boulder. Info here: https://14erskiers.com/blog/book-tour-events/
    https://14erskiers.com/blog/book-tour-events/
    Last edited by goldenboy; 11-30-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Love to see some of you tonight at Wilderness Exchange or tomorrow at Estes Park. We have Ska beer

Sent from my VS990 using TGR Forums mobile app

Damn, wish I could get over to Wilderness X tonight!

Damn! Just looked at your tour dates. I wont be there when you hit my new home town of Gunnison. You are a day to soon. Maybe Salida in February. Regardless, I pulled the trigger on the book. Real Estate questions may be inbound as well.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Received my book from the pre-order a while back; great resource, really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Damn, wish I could get over to Wilderness X tonight!
    We have one coming up at bent gate, and we're trying to nail down a day for the flagship rei

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Damn! Just looked at your tour dates. I wont be there when you hit my new home town of Gunnison. You are a day to soon. Maybe Salida in February. Regardless, I pulled the trigger on the book. Real Estate questions may be inbound as well.
    Bummer, hope we have some snow for you by then, too! At least it's been warm and hartmans is still riding great. Hopefully meet soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Received my book from the pre-order a while back; great resource, really well done.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Bummer, hope we have some snow for you by then, too! At least it's been warm and hartmans is still riding great. Hopefully meet soon...

Hartmans was awesome yesterday. Crazy warm for December. Looking forward to meeting up. Im going to shoot you a real estate related PM.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Couldn't make WildX -- but toured today with a gal who did. You really got her stoked for a lot more travel for bc adventures around CO. Currently borrowing her copy of the guide as mine is on embargo til Xmas. Great work!

We have one coming up at bent gate, and we're trying to nail down a day for the flagship rei

Awesome!

Excited to see you're coming to Mountain Outfitters. The book is great.

Thanks everyone! For those of you with the book, have any of you seen any errors? I know we need snow to actually ski most of the routes, but if you've seen something, will you let us know? Our publisher may do a second printing, so this is our chance to fix anything

Just saw the new ca guidebook from mtneers press and the one huge first impression I got from it was how it was lacking in color photos. Sounds like a stupid complaint but when compared to another ca bc guide book from wolverine press with all color photos it's like night and day. Obviously havnt perused your book so no idea if this is even relevant but just thought id throw it out there how that left such an impression. So if u have the option for more color.......DO IT!!!!! Congrats on the book and may many printings be in your future+++

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Just saw the new ca guidebook from mtneers press and the one huge first impression I got from it was how it was lacking in color photos. Sounds like a stupid complaint but when compared to another ca bc guide book from wolverine press with all color photos it's like night and day. Obviously havnt perused your book so no idea if this is even relevant but just thought id throw it out there how that left such an impression. So if u have the option for more color.......DO IT!!!!! Congrats on the book and may many printings be in your future+++
    Thanks! Yeah, all the books in the series are B&W. Wish we had some say in that, but we don't and it's a huge price change. A competing book that is color has half as many routes but is almost $10 more.

just moved to colorado so will be ordering one up for sure.

Thanks! Yeah, all the books in the series are B&W. Wish we had some say in that, but we don't and it's a huge price change. A competing book that is color has half as many routes but is almost $10 more.
    Somewhat off topic, but do you know if Off-Piste is planning on making a guidebook for Mt. Hood Area in Oregon?
    I've loved the Crested Butte and Snoqualmie pass guides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Thats kinda not how it work, as I think you know. Sure there are tours and routes with differing risk profiles however the absolute level of safety is dynamic. I guide book author can't come anywhere close to green lighting a run for you.

Ask yourself what information you need to make a go/no go decision and then consider how many of those data points can be ascertained from a guidebook?

Oh yeah...I'll buy the book
    I'll bet he is hoping to see something like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dan-guidebook3.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	218978

From the best backcountry guidebook I've ever used.

Some nice morning coffee material on the Key.

Got my copy under the Christmas tree earlier this week!

Nice, Goldenboy!

I first skied backcountry while growing up in Colorado. Popped my cherry on Mount Sopris. I'm happy to see this book come out in the Mountaineers series. Look forward to reading it.

I wrote the Utah book. If you're ever interested in skiing some Utah pow, I'd be happy to send a copy to you. Book trade?

Cheers and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahOutside View Post
    Nice, Goldenboy!

I first skied backcountry while growing up in Colorado. Popped my cherry on Mount Sopris. I'm happy to see this book come out in the Mountaineers series. Look forward to reading it.

I wrote the Utah book. If you're ever interested in skiing some Utah pow, I'd be happy to send a copy to you. Book trade?

Cheers and congrats!
    We never did get a copy of your book from Mountaineers- just a pdf. Looks like a great book and you tried hard to include areas other than just the wasatch, which we were stoked to see. Happy to trade a book

PM me your address and I'll ship a copy off to you.