View Poll Results: Have you had a gun pointed at you in a hostile situation?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 42.05%
  • No

51 57.95%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    A group of us were smoking dope on a beach one evening in Costa Rica and a local came up to sell us coke. We told him not interested. We watched him walk off and could see him talking to policy a long ways a way. They came down guns up and we had a lengthy multi-lingual conversation at gun point. One of the idiots in our group actually had his passport on him so they took his info (he kept the passport) and told him he would not be allowed to leave the country at the airport. Then they let us go. Nothing happened at the airport and he breezed through security.

On a separate occasion in college, a buddy and I bought a a bunch of beer on the walk home from the bars and grabbed a five gallon bucket outside the grocery store to carry the beer for the walk. My buddy was 21 and I was 20. We were in the middle of a large municipal park walking a long and 5-6 police cars came busting through the grass lights and sirens blazing. We dropped our open beers and the bucket and put our hands up. Every cop jumped out of their cars sidearms trained on us. Turns out two guys about 6' tall had just robbed a gas station about a mile away. They looked at our ID's (my fake), told us the situation so we showed them the receipt of where we were just prior, they decided we were not the bad guys and told us to get out of the park because glass bottles were not allowed, and took off.

Also, once about 2005 in Ensenada Mexico my gf and i were walking out of this little convenience store right next to the best Western we were staying at when we were rushed at the door with an armored swat truck full of masked policia with tactical gear and military grade weapons. I just grabbed her hand, made a right turn and never looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Protip: If you are drinking beer at midnight in a boat near other people's crab pots on Hood Canal, don't be surprised if you get shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Once intentionally in an intimidation effort by a neighbor.

3 times by a different neighbor who I had talked to about not wanting to hear bullets zinging across my property.

And another instance last summer by a neighbor who again, I had to go tell them to stop and point out the No Shoot Zone signs posted by the county.
    I think you'd be happier living closer in to town, maybe near a Starbucks?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes, a drive-by shooting but they were looking for my roommate and not me. All I was wearing was shorts, it was hard to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Y'know what, fuck you.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

for clarity, you believe stray shooting across your property is a reasonable side effect to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Also, once about 2005 in Ensenada Mexico my gf and i were walking out of this little convenience store right next to the best Western we were staying at when we were rushed at the door with an armored swat truck full of masked policia with tactical gear and military grade weapons. I just grabbed her hand, made a right turn and never looked back.
    Damn... that sounds fun? Swat sex afterwards?

We were in Baha and had the local B swat team raid us in a bar that we had decided was ours for the night. Once again, I was the voice of reason and somehow managed to keep us out of jail. I don't think any guns were involved, but I was so drunk, it's very possible they had them out. I have bar top dancing pics pre-raid, tho.... somewhere. Just don't tell Ronni.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Twice.

One time during a IMF protest in Barcelona, got shot with salt pellets by a deranged Nacional Policia who were trying to run us protestors down. That was pretty hostile. Fortunately, we ran faster than them. Got it rght in the back, too. Damn that hurt!! Don't let anybody tell you that salt pellets don't hurt.

Second time was in downtown Seattle, somewhere near Belltown. A friend and I were leaving some store, and some dude must have mistook my tan rented Lincoln Town Car for an opposing drug gang car....he got down in a shooter's crouch and started plinking in our direction...I dove in the driver's side, opened up the passenger door and my friend literally flew into the passenger compartment head first. I started the Linc, did a high-speed reverse K-turn, and we got the fuck out of there, tires squealing the whole time. Within 3 blocks we were laughing about it. Good memories!!

Never found any bullet marks on the Lincoln. I was kinda hoping I would.

Poll: Have you ever had a gun pointed at you in hostility?

Y'know what, fuck you.
    Jesus, and you tell me to relax. I actually see you living around people of greater intellect than that. If you're within walking distance of a Starbucks I promise people will stop shooting at you.

But I apologize never the less.

Yeah, like some crack about expecting you to live closer to the Taco Bell or similar personal dig wouldn't bug you.

The thought of living in a development sends me to rage, I fucking hate them and most of the tidy, social climbing assholes that live there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Once by the po-po here in Balmer.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

3X pointed, no shots fired, all by cops from Mensa.

1. Federales in Cabo during a hurricane evac.
    2. 2 am hitchhiking after running out of gas. Cops chasing bank robbers on foot 7-8 cops/guns.
    3. Opening door of friend's home after seeing flashlight outside. Mensa boy said someone had been grabbing girl in street 45 minutes prior.

Be careful...all of these geniuses may still be out there.

Once, growing up in Fresno, CA 1997. Back then, Fresno was still in the top 3 homicides per capita in California in a grudge match for the biggest shithole of gang violence between LA, Stockton, and Oakland. Me and my buddies were out cruising Blackstone Ave on a Saturday night, started talking to some girls in the car next to us. Homies in the car behind us apparently didn't like that, started flashing high beams. They pulled up alongside us after the light turned green, dude in shotgun pulled out a pistol and had the red dot bouncing on me and my friends. I slammed the brakes and turned from the center lane into a parking lot and decided to GTFO. Never saw those girls again.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Yeah, like some crack about expecting you to live closer to the Taco Bell or similar personal dig wouldn't bug you.

The thought of living in a development sends me to rage, I fucking hate them and most of the tidy, social climbing assholes that live there.
    It's not a crack. I live near universities because it means people around me can read. I love the country, I do business out there, but after seeing who my neighbors would be, it's become less appealing. Unless it's around a ski resort etc.

And what the fuck is wrong with Taco Bell?

And what the fuck is wrong with Taco Bell?
    Why don't you two just have a duel?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Jesus, I can almost hear the "Deliverance" music.
    lol, no kidding.

A taco eating contest.

Once, on the Maroni river, by the Jungle Commandos... We were visiting the french guiana, hosted by local friends, the summer of 1991, shortly after the end of the surinamese civil war.. Everything was supposed to be peaceful. Really, no problem.
    To ride the river, 2 or 3 days, from Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni on a pirogue is some kind of a classic apparently . Until those guys showed up. I almost shat my pants.
    Actualy, the situation was defused after 30 seconds with a few jokes (in sranan) between our (totaly chill) maroons pilots and the commandos. And we were all best friends with a bottle of rum. But, holy shit, that was 30 very long seconds.
    To this day, I wonder if that was a prank or a genuine threat...
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

I show the ladies the guns every time the shirt comes off.

Never had a gun pointed in my face, just waved around.

I got stabbed in the liver by a skinhead when I was in school and living in SF in 1988. Fun times!

Now, angry motherfuckers are emboldened again. (Thought that shit was over 20-30 years ago, but I was mistaken )

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    A taco eating contest.
    See... sarcastic remarks mean you're going to get shot at, like me... again.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Once, on the Maroni river, by the Jungle Commandos... We were visiting the french guiana, hosted by local friends, the summer of 1991, shortly after the end of the surinamese civil war.. Everything was supposed to be peaceful. Really, no problem.
    To ride the river, 2 or 3 days, from Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni on a pirogue is some kind of a classic apparently . Until those guys showed up. I almost shat my pants.
    Actualy, the situation was defused after 30 seconds with a few jokes (in sranan) between our (totaly chill) maroons pilots and the commandos. And we were all best friends with a bottle of rum. But, holy shit, that was 30 very long seconds.
    To this day, I wonder if that was a prank or a genuine threat...
    I like you Phillipe. You strike me as sort of a modern day Papillon.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yes, 1x by a dumb kid.
    2nd was buy the Fuzz, but I was helping them train breaching a building with a armed suspect ( me ) it wasn't that fun... they still cuff you and toss your ass around like real life.

Mid 80's in Jamaica by the cops. It was just a classic road block extortion thing going down. 3 cops and two had some sort of crazy looking 'machine' gun thing (big gun guy I am ). We had just smoked a huge joint and were drinking, so I was feeling good. The "taxi" driver guy was going thru the bs and the cops were all agro towards us for no reason, just trying to be intimidating I guess. Of course, I'm young, buzzed, and somewhat ignorant since they're "cops" and we haven't done anything wrong. I put my hands in my pockets...just because...and the one cop points the gun at me and starts screaming to take my hands out of my pockets. So I did. I honestly didn't feel threatened, more like wtf....dude The driver gives them a bunch of money and we go on our way.