Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF Cam Newton

WTF Cam Newton

Seriously.
    What was he thinking??

Cam Newton?

Never heard of him.

Edit cuz the first reply waz knot kewl
    Last edited by scottyb; 10-05-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Does cry like a bitch.

I don't understand the infatuation for having to have female sideline reporters either.

Have they ever run a route? Played offense or defense. know what it's like to see a massive linebacker about to blitz, ever had to pick up a blitz and on and on. Sure, they probably have studied hard, but there's no substitute for experience, and even just having played up to freshman university level, for sure I know things that they'll never understand.

Yes, I know, I know it's all about diversity and inclusion - groan. Yes, the thought police are all apoplectic that Cam would say that (btw, no Cam fan here), but I fully understand why he dissed her.

No matter how much I studied synchronized swimming, for sure I wouldn't understand all the nuance without having done it, but for some reason these women for some reason are now a mandatory of telecasts, and football reporting. .

I have never learned a thing from Tafoya, but loved having the Goose on the sideline. Bona Fides were secure.

WTF Cam Newton

Are you going to say the same thing to Jennifer Welter that she can’t coach “men’s” football cause she never played “men’s” league?

Cam's obviously never watched the LFL. Those ladies can run routes.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

That was pretty rude, and sexist. Football isn't the only sport that runs routes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

WTF Cam Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Bite Me View Post
    I don't understand the infatuation for having to have female sideline reporters either.

Have they ever run a route? Played offense or defense. know what it's like to see a massive linebacker about to blitz, ever had to pick up a blitz and on and on. Sure, they probably have studied hard, but there's no substitute for experience, and even just having played up to freshman university level, for sure I know things that they'll never understand.

Yes, I know, I know it's all about diversity and inclusion - groan. Yes, the thought police are all apoplectic that Cam would say that (btw, no Cam fan here), but I fully understand why he dissed her.

No matter how much I studied synchronized swimming, for sure I wouldn't understand all the nuance without having done it, but for some reason these women for some reason are now a mandatory of telecasts, and football reporting. .

I have never learned a thing from Tafoya, but loved having the Goose on the sideline. Bona Fides were secure.
    Wow!

There are plenty of male sportscasters that have never played either. Or they report on other sports they have never played. More painful to hear than a woman who actually knows football.

Listening to Mike Golic outside of football season makes me want to start a swimmers lives matter movement.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

She had a follow up interview with Sir Cam after his cute jab. Had an opportunity to apologize but didn't.

Being a good reporter requires a different skill set from being a good player. So does being a good coach, scout, or executive, for that matter.

She's not a sideline reporter.

By the way, this is one of the most sexist screeds I've ever seen here. Congrats.

No love here for Goodell, but the Rog must get up at least once a week and pound his head against a closet door.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    By the way, this is one of the most sexist screeds I've ever seen here. Congrats.
    Or another brilliant attempt to out the Silver Surfer alias.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Hold my beer...[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Viva; 10-05-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Wow!

There are plenty of male sportscasters that have never played either. Or they report on other sports they have never played. More painful to hear than a woman who actually knows football.

Listening to Mike Golic outside of football season makes me want to start a swimmers lives matter movement.

No shit. You do realize that there are coaches, GM's, sportscasters, etc whose playing days ended in HS, and some who never played a down in college. I'm not sure that qualifies as having a lot more experience than some lady who loves and studies the game. There are also plenty of ex-players and coaches with tons of experience who are just painful to watch on TV as commentators and sound like complete dipshits, but, ya know, they know things she'll never understand, right?

I often wonder how people like you are allowed out of your house each day unsupervised.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Did that midget Bob Costas ever even play freshman badmington?

Did that midget Bob Costas ever even play freshman badmington?
    Who cares? He knows his shit.

There's a reason the former athletes are primarily used as "color guys." They can provide some nuances and insight that a non-player can't, but they generally don't have the chops to be the primary commentator.

There's a reason the former athletes are primarily used as "color guys." They can provide some nuances and insight that a non-player can't, but they generally don't have the chops to be the primary commentator.
    Though.
    Tony Romo shows some great potential.

Funny to hear Cam talk about routes. Funny.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Cam is an idiot, that was not only a remarkably dumb thing to say from a PR standpoint, but it was just dumb, period.

And Bite me similarly shows a lack of critical thinking brain power.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

WTF Cam Newton

I disagree. I'm insulted when he comments on Olympic swimming.

But my point is that n one critizes him for doing the job and I'm pretty sure he Cross dresses at home.

Ignorant sexism is alive and well, and why we have an orange liar in the White House.

My wife has joined me on several high routes, some with exposure that would turn some mags and NFL players into insta-sissies.
    Last edited by DIYSteve; 10-05-2017 at 10:57 AM.

... I'm pretty sure he Cross dresses at home.

Huh? Who the fuck besides a bigoted relic would give a shit? I guess it would be a story if he did it in public, but that's only because this country is filled with an abundance of bigoted fucks who fuck it up for the rest of us. You wife wear pants?
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Poof! Las Vegas? What? Where?

The social outrage & news cycle moves on.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Too funny. Do people who give a fuck about Cam Newton care about our pussy grabbing president? This is all locker room talk, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Though.
    Tony Romo shows some great potential.
    To do what... become even more annoying than Chris Collinsworth while being less eloquent? I think Romo is terrible, but not as bad as Rex Ryan.