Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBTQIA....

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    And why does that bother you? Why the fuck, do you care? Because you are confused and it hurts your head?
    I think that it’s silly. You are either male or female. I think that’s OK to switch if you feel compelled but not to choose is beyond weird.

Not my place to tell you how to live your life but then you can’t expect everyone figure out how to address you when you want to buck the de facto standards of language. And to try force everyone that they interact with to change to calling he/she a “they” is at the very least a hassle that they are burdening yourself with even more so than them that use a gender pronoun.

When they call them “he” when they want them to call them they and they tell them that they want them to call them them, then they will be confused about what they are getting at and how they are to figure out when they should know it’s a they and what to call them.

IMO the only solution that would really be to just argue for the elimination of all gender pronouns.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

And why does that bother you? Why the fuck, do you care? Because you are confused and it hurts your head?
    Why the fuck do you care that he cares?

Pretty simple really. Because questioning someone's belief about themselves hurts people and not giving a fuck about what others believe that doesn't affect you doe NOT hurt people. If just having to think about how to address the question make's your head hurt that is too fucking bad. Harden up and grow a pair. Or don't grow a pair and woman up. I don't give a fuck either way YOU want to present yourself.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Pretty simple really. Because questioning someone's belief about themselves hurts people and not giving a fuck about what others believe that doesn't affect you doe NOT hurt people. If just having to think about how to address the question make's your head hurt that is too fucking bad. Harden up and grow a pair. Or don't grow a pair and woman up. I don't give a fuck either way YOU want to present yourself.
    Did you just label me? #triggered

LGBTQIA....

I didn’t question “someone’s belief about themselves.” I challenge you to quote where I did. I support anyone’s right to believe whatever they want. What I posted about was the latest push to have everyone address those who now call themselves gender less with a neutral set of pronouns: they/them/their.

By the way, you’ve insulted me because I prefer to be addressed with the Animate/inanimate neutral pronoun “THE”

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    By the way, you’ve insulted me because I prefer to be addressed with the Animate/inanimate neutral pronoun “THE”
    I prefer the "The Right Honourable Viscount" and if you pronounce the "s" in viscount we shall be most displeased.

People can be what they want, but I think the indignant and demanding imposition on the speech of others is generally a power and dominance play... it really does make me think of royal styling. But if they can cast it as a victimhood/minority rights thing, that's good cover
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Sorry, but this is the net and visuals would have helped me i. d. you. If have a question about your sexual identity you could have told us up front. Or post a picture of the real you and label it so I'll know.

But I suspect you don't have personal gender questions, so grow a set of balls, a cunt or a 3rd arm. I don't give a fuck. I still can't figure why anyone would.

Sorry, but this is the net and visuals would have helped me i. d. you. If have a question about your sexual identity you could have told us up front. Or post a picture of the real you and label it so I'll know.

But I suspect you don't have personal gender questions, so grow a set of balls, a cunt or a 3rd arm. I don't give a fuck. I still can't figure why anyone would.
    Why would visuals have helped you? You think you can identify someone's gender from a picture??? Maybe you should stop being so goddamn offensive.

Sorry snowflake

Sent from my E6782 using TGR Forums mobile app

LGBTQIA....

Heh?

They have a right to hold their beliefs as they wish but when they try to force others into some convoluted phrasing based on what they believe then they are making things difficult for themselves and others. They are affecting them with their demands about their use of arbitrary and atypical language and that is bound to be confusing and unclear to them ( not them but them). Their beliefs are now affecting them, and them.

If I were serious about being called THE ( or Royal Viscount) why would that be any less confusing and imposing on others than asking to be called THEY? I demand my right to not be called a person as I identify as a thing.

Does every single one of us get the right to now throw of the shackles of conventional language and define the words that identify us?

So, no one has ever asked you or me to call them by a pet name. And here you are yelling at clouds. You must be a crazier old fuck than I am.

Name:  IMG_8960.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  148.4 KB

So, no one has ever asked you or me to call them by a pet name.
    Oh for a friend? Sure.

But this aint that and you know it... For loose acquaintances or strangers who get all indignant and self-righteous if you don't get it right???

If I had students all demanding different special pronouns and I had to honor it, I'd make them wear name tags with pronouns because no way I'm remembering that shit... I have enough trouble remembering people's names for fucks sakes

You aren't a teacher I hope. You would be shitty at it. No empathy. I've seen it. I've had teachers that slammed kids heads into hall lockers. You'd be worse.

It's pretty easy. You use gender neutral pronouns until you know what a person prefers. Also, you can ask.

Name:  IMG_2143.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  66.7 KB

You aren't a teacher I hope. You would be shitty at it. No empathy. I've seen it. I've had teachers that slammed kids heads into hall lockers. You'd be worse.
    That's pretty fucking low, even for a douchebag of your caliber.... basically accusing me of violence against children? Choke on a bucket of dicks... maybe you'll find your own empathy at the bottom of the bucket?

Glad you opened up. First understand. I went to old school Catholic school and saw a lot of shit. Just like the movies. Worse. No, I never said you would get violent with a student. I did infer that the psychological torture you would impose on a student that was "different" would be worse than a beating. I've seen it and it leaves scars. And what you proposed would result in alienating and humiliating a student. Making of a murderer?

"If I had students all demanding different special pronouns and I had to honor it, I'd make them wear name tags with pronouns because no way I'm remembering that shit"

Not your job to remember names? Maybe you would learn to do the job of a teacher when you learned to do the job of a teacher. When you pull something out of your ass that you don't know anything about you can embarrass yourself. I've done it I'm sure. Have a glass of wine.

Glad you opened up. First understand. I went to old school Catholic school and saw a lot of shit. Just like the movies. Worse. No, I never said you would get violent with a student. I did infer that the psychological torture you would impose on a student that was "different" would be worse than a beating. I've seen it and it leaves scars. And what you proposed would result in alienating and humiliating a student. Making of a murderer?

"If I had students all demanding different special pronouns and I had to honor it, I'd make them wear name tags with pronouns because no way I'm remembering that shit"

Not your job to remember names? Maybe you would learn to do the job of a teacher when you learned to do the job of a teacher. When you pull something out of your ass that you don't know anything about you can embarrass yourself. I've done it I'm sure. Have a glass of wine.
    I went to Catholic, public, Montessori, and nondenominational private schools. I saw shit in each.

Perhaps you misunderstood me or I was not clear. If I were required to honor any students demand their own custom pronoun (and remember, these can change daily or even more often because gender can be fluid according to those who believe such compliance is compulsory) then yes I would make ALL students wear a their gender name tags (probably on their actual nametags), not singling anyone out.

Or I would just use a gender neutral despite what anyone wanted because I would be focused on teaching, not microparsing my speech.

Also, nametags aren't rare in teaching, especially when you don't have students for more than a few days.

Also, since you mentioned that you like pulling things out of your ass that you know nothing about, maybe look up prosopagnosia since you seem quite unfamiliar with the idea that some people have innate trouble with names and faces.

Sorry about your disability. Not the same I guess but I was a salesman and never forgot a face but couldn't remember the name. Had to refer to notes in my car before I went into the call. Guess my brother has it too. He takes a picture of his customer and emails it to himself to refer to when he needs to. My wife was a special ed teacher and designed work arounds like those for her HS and College students. She went to Catholic school too and it made her determined to be better that the nuns by using compassion while demanding respect. Nuns just made me hate school.

LGBTQIA....

When I was still growing up
    And dad head off to work
    He put coat and tie on
    Over fitted shirt

Nothing else will fit right
    Or seem so directly applied
    Than fitted shirt hung on me
    Fitted shirt alright

I long for the days
    They used to say
    Ma'am and yes sir
    For now I'm going to find
    Buttons for my
    Dad's old used shirt

Fitted shirt
    Fitted shirt

Been looking so long now
    And no one's seen and no one heard
    But when I go out tonight
    I'm going to put on a fitted shirt

One day it'll take
    And they'll start to make
    Shirts that fit right
    Till then I suppose
    I still got dad's clothes
    And that's alright

Fitted shirt
    Fitted shirt

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qgk5LtELIE

I don’t care who consenting adults want to fuck, or how they want to dress or be addressed, but being pedantic and overly sensitive about terminology is just an excuse for confrontation. I’ll give a pass to students and artistic types, as they should be challenging society’s norms, but IMO the realm of gender and sexuality is a relatively inconsequential and self indulgent place to push boundaries, when there are so many more important challenges facing humanity.

LGBTQIA....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    It's pretty easy. You use gender neutral pronouns until you know what a person prefers. Also, you can ask.
    How about, as I said originally, we just always refer generically to everyone as a singular “ the person” or by their name specifically? Actually better that muddying the waters with They/their/they’re

Who ate the last piece of cake? The person did. Or Mary did.

Who is going to take this to the conference? A person is going to take it. Bob is.

They creates singular plural confusion. Who is responsible for this mess? They are. Who?

It’s all a bit absurd that everyone has to contort themselves for the 1/100000 who refuse to be anything specific, but if we must.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I don’t care who consenting adults want to fuck, or how they want to dress or be addressed, but being pedantic and overly sensitive about terminology is just an excuse for confrontation. I’ll give a pass to students and artistic types, as they should be challenging society’s norms, but IMO the realm of gender and sexuality is a relatively inconsequential and self indulgent place to push boundaries, when there are so many more important challenges facing humanity.
    This but to a person who is different it defines them. Hence the reason for so many letters as none want to be lumped in with another group that they may have issues with. I think many of these groups have as many issues with each other as with general society. Bi vs GL - don't think the GL like the fact that Bi can choose and screws up their narrative. T and Intersex, one is in the mind , the other is bio etc.

Anyway I have relaxed my thoughts on pronouns , Ok 50 sets that are constantly changing does seem to make the whole issue a attention whores cry for help, but really if .3% are trans and 1/2 of those want to be fully the other sex so would like to be called the pronoun they are presenting that only leaves .15% as Zirs or zim zir zis zieself
    sie sie hir hirs etc.. So really much to do about nothing. If society said sure what every you want there would be a new issue to get hirs panties in a twist about. Hopefully not but ....

adding- actually think the in between sex thing is a good thing. we have all met kids growing up that din't conform to the sex they were "thought " to have been at birth. The effeminate boy the very boyish girl. If society can accept those people for what they are there will be less pressure to transition so they can be happy without the surgery. Watched a show on intersex and the ones that were happiest were the ones they didn't have surgery and just lived with the bits they were born with.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Fuck special pronouns. If you insist on one you automatically become "they." If there's any confusion as to singular/multiple you fucking figure it out.