A "tour version" of the Enforcer?

So my ski quiver right now is

-2011/12 Nordica Enforcers (98 waist, 19m radius)
    -Black Diamond Amperages (115 waist, 21m radius)
    -Some 75-80mm waisted shorter length on piste skis for rock/mountaineering.

I really like how the Enforcers ski and turn until it goes into the range where I definitely can benefit from the Amperages's extra surface. Even though my Enforcers have tourable binders the Enforcers are a heavy fucking ski. I know I can't really keep the dampness and get lighter, but it's feeling of the turns I really dig.

I really dig the Amperages for powder/ trees for sure. But I do not like them for on piste stuff/ trying to do the more GS/ full rail line turns that are just so easy on the Enforcers. I almost feel like the only reason I like the Amperages more for trees is because they're lighter/ like to slarve.

What I'm looking for

Something in that 90-100m waisted touring ski category that has that same sort of turn feeling (don't care about the dampness) that the Enforcers do. Ideally be the go to touring rig.

-Should I be looking at something with that more traditional cut and radius that's the same?
    -I'm assuming the flatter tail of the Enforcer also helps that feel.

I've been looking at the Wailer 99 and Corsair 95, anyone ride both and can compare?

Thanks!
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 10-03-2017 at 08:16 PM.

No touring ski will come close to feeling like the old enforcer. That said, I have a pair of 177 Hell 'n Backs which are Enforcers without the metal. Might be a good compromise. Couple sets of holes but not mcuh use and cheap. Blizzard Kabookie might work too. If you want to drop more weight, but still feel a bit like an alpine ski, the Volkl Nanuk.

If you want to drop a lot of weight, but have a similar tail, Fischer Hannibal 94's will pop you out of a turn the way Enforcers do. But will be MUCH less damp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    If you want to drop a lot of weight, but have a similar tail, Fischer Hannibal 94's will pop you out of a turn the way Enforcers do. But will be MUCH less damp.
    Isn't the sidecut difference of 19m radius (Enforcer) vs the 23m (Hannibal) going to make them feel pretty different?

Not really. The Enforcer/ Hell 'n Back, in my opinion doesn't ski like the tail is quite as wide as it measures. And the Hannibal is easier to bend. I have skied them back to back. The difference in feel from construction is much more pronounce than the difference in shape.

Salomon Mtn Explore 95 might work too if you want a smaller radius. Haven't skied it. But I hear better things than I've heard about DPS tour 1 skis (mediocre on hard snow).

I have to say, though, going from an Enforcer to an ultralight ski will probably freak you out. It will be the exact opposite of confidence inspiring. They do work, but every time I've loaned my lighter skis to people who are used to alpine skis they hate them. I'd recommend something in the 3.5-4 lb/ski range. They'll still be much lighter, but will feel more like the way you're used to a ski feeling.

I haven't skied the old Enforcer, but the new one really pops you from turn to turn, and ISBD seems to indicate thats what the old one did too? If so, check out the Fischer Ranger series. I thought it had a similar feel through the turn as the new Enforcer. Lots of pop and energy. It won't be as damp, as mentioned, but I think it might be what you're looking for. I'd guess the Line Sick Day 104 could be in that same realm too but I haven't had enough time on it to say for sure. Due to the rocker profile, both will probably ski powder a lot better than your old Enforcer, but you may want to size up to get similar running length. Check out my review on Blister Gear Review for more info.

Old Enforcer was like a livelier old Mantra. Fischer Ranger is a good call.

Kabookie or Nanuq x2.

Check out the Faction Dictator line up.

I'd be looking at the Navis Freebird from Black Crows.

You can get a light ski that's damp and doesn't get deflected in bad snow: vwerks katana.

It my everyday touring ski, good in powder, corn, firm, breakable.

This can replace both skis you have.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah, if the Enforcers ski like a livelier Mantra, the Nanuq is basically a metal-free, touring Mantra. I have them as daily drivers in the backcountry and like them a lot as a go-to touring ski. Not the best in any one metric (carving, deep snow, weight, etc.) but a well-balanced compromise for a do-everything quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You can get a light ski that's damp and doesn't get deflected in bad snow: vwerks katana.

It my everyday touring ski, good in powder, corn, firm, breakable.

This can replace both skis you have.
    I like my kidneys though....

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    I'd be looking at the Navis Freebird from Black Crows.
    Any reason for that over the Camox Freebird?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Any reason for that over the Camox Freebird?
    Yeah, the flatter tail and more rearward mount location (compared to the Camox) for a more traditional alpine feel, more like the old Enforcers. But the Camox is a good choise on its own, albeit with a more playful side to it. (Hard to source now, but the first generation Camox Freebird would've been closer to what you're asking for though.)

The new Armada Tracer is a lightweight option that skis quite well.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Head Kore 93 or 105 depending on your waist width preference. Just fondled them and they are burly but light as a feather.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've toured on both the Kabookie's and the Ranger 98. Both are very good in downhill mode but still a bit too heavy on the way up. Current touring go to is the Kastle TX98. Light on the way up and solid on the way down. Ranger 98 is better all around and pretty light and a much better value, but given all the variables of up and down, I'm happier on the Kastle's.
    Have not checked out the Heads but they could be a very good bet.
    Also toured on the Nanuq. Never felt comfortable (a bit skittish) on them but liked the older Mantras.
    Last edited by Choucas; 10-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I like my kidneys though....
    I'm dense, are you saying that these will jar your kidneys?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

^Theyre expensive

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think the nordica "hell and back" was the enforcer shape but with a lighter core?

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...dica-hell-back

I skied this (bit fatter) and was impressed overall

http://nordicaskioutlet.com/product....oduct=10146121