Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yeah, for some reason links to Vimeo don't show up in forum coding sometimes. Anyway:

Can you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    video isn't showing for me, can someone post a link?
    me too. vimeo issue.
    just reply with quote and extract the link.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Yeah, for some reason links to Vimeo don't show up in forum coding sometimes. Anyway:

Can you see that?
    Yes, and that looked like a lot of fun.

annas Guest

wow crazy ride!

Looks awesome in the vid, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Here's a vid from President's week in 2017...you'll see I found some lurking stashes

Nice!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

March 17 to 23rd. Would I be correct in assuming that that’s a busy week at the hill? Should that impact my decision making with regards to a trip to Telluride? I am presented with an opportunity to go ski Telluride for a week and I am struggling to come up with reasons not to go.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 09-16-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    March 17 to 23rd. Would I be correct in assuming that that’s a busy week at the hill? Should that impact my decision making with regards to a trip to Telluride. I am presented with an opportunity to go ski Telluride for a week and I am struggling to come up with reasons not to go.
    It might be busy (by T-Ride standards) but I think most of Texas’ spring break is the week before that, so you could have that going for you, which would be nice.
    https://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

But there might be a number of Oklahomans, who imo are even worse skiers.

Busy by Telluride standards isn't busy, there is no reason not to go.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Busy by Telluride standards isn't busy, there is no reason not to go.
    ^^^this^^^
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I was in T Ride for Presidents week about 9 years ago (my son is 7 1/2). The place felt pretty damn empty. Our last day was a powder day and dumping. It was snowing all day. The Gondi had a line in the morning out of the canyon, but we basically walked right onto the chairs. I’m sure it gets crazy, but I would not call that place crowded. And, as noted, the inbounds hike to is pretty insane.

Telluride is very nice.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I'll be interested to see whether Telluride's deal with Vail impacts crowds.

Telluride very seldom has any kind of lift lines. It is a big mountain with lots of area but much of it is steep very tight trees and marginally skiable. The tree skiing that is good tends to have moguls. There is some great hike to skiing, but you are starting at 12,000 ft. and going up from there. There are certainly stashes to be had a couple days after a storm but as a visitor they are either not easily found or require some serious high altitude effort. By the middle of March you can get into a melt/freeze cycle. The high altitude sun can cook things up pretty fast. All that being said, it is a fantastic mountain with many aspects and elevations and you will undoubtedly find some sweet turns, just be ready to ski more bumps than you expected.
    Gravity Junkie

I am struggling to come up with reasons not to go.
    I worked on this problem through the night - reviewing data; analyzing spreadsheets, pie charts and Venn diagrams; Gallup polls. My research concluded there is no reason to skip this place unless the Vogons show up to build a bypass. Go ahead AP, pull the trigger (and post photos). Thank me on the triple chair 2019/20 ski season.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Thanks for the data analysis Gary. Your consultants fee is in the mail. Looking a airline tickets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Telluride very seldom has any kind of lift lines. It is a big mountain with lots of area but much of it is steep very tight trees and marginally skiable. The tree skiing that is good tends to have moguls. There is some great hike to skiing, but you are starting at 12,000 ft. and going up from there. There are certainly stashes to be had a couple days after a storm but as a visitor they are either not easily found or require some serious high altitude effort. By the middle of March you can get into a melt/freeze cycle. The high altitude sun can cook things up pretty fast. All that being said, it is a fantastic mountain with many aspects and elevations and you will undoubtedly find some sweet turns, just be ready to ski more bumps than you expected.
    Agreed, no one should go to this place, sounds fuckin awful

Waiting in line is almost non-existent except for:

1) Right at opening on Chair 4 in Mountain Village. If a groomer day, head to 5 (family ski) or straight to 9 and see what was groomed overnight. The groomer in Revelation Bowl can be orgasmic early AM as well.
    2) Chair 9 on a powder day can be SLOW. Just go straight there at opening. Check to see what was groomed the night before, they usually groom early so overnight snowfall can be on top of a SMOOTH surface.
    3) Powder day rope drop down into Prospect Basin (top of Chair 5) - this allows access to Gold Hill Express down into Revelation Bowl. The high alpine bowl of Revelation Bowl is a great place to crank out pow turns.

Other than that - if they have the snowpack, the hiking is your best bet. The high altitude is tough for many so even the shortest hikes yield results. My favorite is lapping Dihedral Chute/Face and high traversing it into Black Iron Bowl to ski Nice Chute and finish off by traversing right to some nooks and crannies in the trees before the flats. Bald Mountain can be overlooked and open before others for some quick powder turns...holds some deep windblown as well but the wind can also do the opposite over there. Of course, Palmyra Peak is the big one and a must do if up for it. Definitely an hour at least to get up there from the top of 12. I've done that thing on my first run and it can definitely tire you out for the rest of the day.

Here's the vid from President's Week 2018 with the family:

Telluride crowds?

Come on winter, come on winter, come on winter

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Waiting in line is almost non-existent except for:

1) Right at opening on Chair 4 in Mountain Village. If a groomer day, head to 5 (family ski) or straight to 9 and see what was groomed overnight. The groomer in Revelation Bowl can be orgasmic early AM as well.
    2) Chair 9 on a powder day can be SLOW. Just go straight there at opening. Check to see what was groomed the night before, they usually groom early so overnight snowfall can be on top of a SMOOTH surface.
    3) Powder day rope drop down into Prospect Basin (top of Chair 5) - this allows access to Gold Hill Express down into Revelation Bowl. The high alpine bowl of Revelation Bowl is a great place to crank out pow turns.

Other than that - if they have the snowpack, the hiking is your best bet. The high altitude is tough for many so even the shortest hikes yield results. My favorite is lapping Dihedral Chute/Face and high traversing it into Black Iron Bowl to ski Nice Chute and finish off by traversing right to some nooks and crannies in the trees before the flats. Bald Mountain can be overlooked and open before others for some quick powder turns...holds some deep windblown as well but the wind can also do the opposite over there. Of course, Palmyra Peak is the big one and a must do if up for it. Definitely an hour at least to get up there from the top of 12. I've done that thing on my first run and it can definitely tire you out for the rest of the day.
    Awesome beta 666 and everyone else. I have a place to stay, but otherwise does anyone have travel or food recommendations. What about places to get 'medicine' in Telluride?

food? Brown Dog.

Theres at least three med shops along main street.

Mid winter MF cycles are a regular happening occurrence around the 4 Corners region. If you show up and that's the case I've found that starting the morning on Milk run and doing front side gondola laps can be good, then I'll make my way over to chair 9 for steep groomers with freshly groomed corn skiing. If there's a breeze the upper elevations often take a little longer to soften up. even when the skiing is like this I still manage to have a shit ton of fun.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Awesome beta 666 and everyone else. I have a place to stay, but otherwise does anyone have travel or food recommendations. What about places to get 'medicine' in Telluride?
    Travel: Cortez might offer competitive options vs Montrose or direct flight to Telluride. Bon Air had some really good deals for a while.
    Food: Siams for good Thai. It's in the Roolz.
    Passes: The season pass sale is on. If you can get to a sales event in CO, AZ or NM, you can get multi-day pass deals now for your trip....or an Epic pass.

Name:  IMG_5687.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  23.0 KB
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Travel: Cortez might offer competitive options vs Montrose or direct flight to Telluride. Boutique Air had some really good deals for a while.
    Food: Siams for good Thai. It's in the Roolz.
    Passes: The season pass sale is on. If you can get to a sales event in CO, AZ or NM, you can get multi-day pass deals now for your trip....or an Epic pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5687 (1).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	247801

**Plus, if by chance there is early season snow worth the effort, the 10-day pass now includes free access from opening day (11/22) through 12/14 on top of the 10 days.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 09-18-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Go to Silverton for a day. Or two.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

Can you see that?
    Looks pretty good for a really sucky snow year. 159" total for the season.
    Gravity Junkie