Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    one word, LINE EP Pro.
    Who hacked Bobbys account?

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    checked these out at evo over the weekend. definitely floppy.
    oh no. hmm. id like soft, but not floppy.

I occasionally pull out a pair of OG 189 Megawatts on deep days, particularly if it's a multi-day storm cycle and my legs are already feeling cooked. Not that playful but easy to ski with the huuuge tip rocker and flat tail to lean on if I need to get in the back seat a little. I'll switch back to BGs when it starts getting tracked out and it's time to hit the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    oh no. hmm. id like soft, but not floppy.
    Soft body with a floppy tip? Depending on your size it could be a fun ski in the japow.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    I occasionally pull out a pair of OG 189 Megawatts on deep days, particularly if it's a multi-day storm cycle and my legs are already feeling cooked. Not that playful but easy to ski with the huuuge tip rocker and flat tail to lean on if I need to get in the back seat a little. I'll switch back to BGs when it starts getting tracked out and it's time to hit the trees.
    Megawatts have been my go to pow/crud ski for years. They can get a little hung up in the pnwet with all that camber and sidecut.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Megawatts have been my go to pow/crud ski for years. They can get a little hung up in the pnwet with all that camber and sidecut.
    40m TR? Or did they do something weird in later generations?

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    40m TR? Or did they do something weird in later generations?
    relative to pintail/reverse fattys

Billy Goat riders - who has a big floppy playful superfat for deep days?

I never see Magic Js for sale used..or on sale cheap new, like SupreChicken said.

They must be doing something right with that ski.

Anyone been on it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I never see Magic Js for sale used..or on sale cheap new, like SupreChicken said.

They must be doing something right with that ski.

Anyone been on it?

Owned it along with Billygoats. Skied them one day, and sold them.
    Training for Alpental

Word. Thats exactly what I did with the JJs. They felt way too light and "pingy", like they were foam cores..

However I quite liked the Bubbas and ARG for their intended purposes, so wondered if the Magics were OK

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    …I’m just looking for the mags out there who ride both goats and hellbents to talk about what the softer, more playful skis do for them...
    Before I head out to ski in the morning, if I've decided that I want a playful-style day, it usually means I think that the conditions won't be safe enough for a high-speed/serious-style day (so, either it's poor visibility, or the terrain is closed above treeline, or my body is too beat-up to get serious, etc.). And when I'm trying to choose a playful ski from my quiver, I'm not thinking "floppy" or even "soft" at all---I'm thinking "a pivoty rocker tail" and "not too demanding". So I'd almost always choose something playful that is stiffer than my soft O.G. Hellbent (122mm underfoot).

That said... What do the softer, playful skis like Hellbents do for me? Well, they are super-fun (even at slow speeds), and they are low effort to keep zig-zagging off course left and right as you try to hit every natural feature within range (instead of just smoking past every feature and eating tons of vert). Or if my body just needs a recovery day, Hellbents can make a low-effort, zero-seriousness, slacker day on the hill really fun. But I don't choose my soft Hellbents very often.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy