Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I really don't understand why Cody isn't taking this opportunity to tell us how our comments are all microaggressions against him. Missed opportunity, Cody.

RMR

https://instagram.com/rockymtnroaste...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I'd micro agression the same as micro dosing? I hear it's all the spiritual rage these days

Yeah, I got into it in the DMs with him, he obviously didn’t like it and spent the next 5 hours making that deranged video. He told me he’s a lawyer, so I agreed to have our lawyer send him financials under confidentiality. But it was a bluff because it would’ve revealed his identity. Now that I figured his identity out, I’ve learned why he’s got so much sand in his crack about athletes and influencers. But I aint doxxing him as I ain’t stopping to his level and he’ll go away like a fart in wind.

All in all, the article in MG was a good, well researched, fair piece of journalism from a very good reporter. It had much more to it than PPP. It’s just that’s what the internet jumped on.

Personally, I don’t fucking care they took PPP. We proletariat out here bitching about who got a second boiled potato while the royal elite out here throwing lobsters and caviar in the trash after their champagne bath. They gamed the system. Good on them. I probably shoulda tried too because I didn’t get paid by a single sponsor for 8 months straight and was draining my savings fast while paying out all my contractors for the Fifty even though they weren’t working either. But at the same time, I saw how much the Arcade people were in a tight spot and knew I’d survive and they might not, so I didn’t get PPP for my production company or personal business.

Yeah, with regards to the influencer types getting 5-10k, as a society I'd say we've got bigger fish to fry.

Did Arcade’s revenue drop in 2020?

PPP was great for businesses forced to shutdown like daycares and restaurants, but I’m having a tough time seeing how 13 office types in Tahoe who could work from home for a business that didn’t have to shut down we’re really in that much trouble. You’ve admitted you’ve added employees post pandemic so I doubt you were in danger of closing up shop.

Everyone saw what happened afterwards. 9 out of 10 businesses were just fine and kept on trucking. That’s why they consider PPP a scam.

Perfectly legal mind you though. So honestly you’d have been a fool not to take it, but don’t act like it didn’t help you and the company much more than the employees.

Fuck some of you are daft.

PPP has to be paid to employees (and overhead) to be forgiven.

Cody got forgiven because he followed the rules. I did the same shit. Paid 18 employees that weren’t working full time.

I’m actually disappointed he didn’t PPP the fifty project. You can do more than one PPP.

You’re really looking at that from a very cynical, backwards facing lens. Nobody knew what was going to happen in their business. So why wouldn’t you do everything in your power to protect yourself and your employees ? Sure we didn’t have a global economic meltdown (yet), but if a bunch of skiers and local business owners got a small taste of what global/international businesses have been getting for centuries off the backs of our tax dollars then I’m ok with that.

Are you writing the CEOs of Chevron and BP demanding their financials to justify their huge tax subsidies? How about Bezos?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    why dont you shut the fuck up about the wasatch the ski industry and things you have little to no knowledge about and send her your money to try and show the competance needed to pass avvy 3
    cause it didnt happen last time for good reason
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m sorry. Is living within an hour of Alta for 25 years, and spending almost a decade working in the ski industry not enough?

Please tell me, oh king of the Wasatch, how much more I need before I can point out a bunch of people being hypocritical douchebags on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Dude, you don’t speak for all of the Wasatch either, and definitely not all professional athletes. I happen to know quite a few pros in the Wasatch who like and/or have no problem with Caroline.

All of this just smacks of misogyny and sour grapes.

There are not professional action sport athletes these days that don’t do marketing for themselves, don’t take on sponsors, and don’t have big social media followings.

All you and others have done in this thread is bitch about a woman you don’t like with gatekeeping, moving goalposts, and made up standards that no professional would ever live up to.

If you don’t like it, don’t follow her. Nobody is forcing you to read her IG.
    "The world is changed by your example not by your opinion". Paulo Coelho
    cg has plenty of sanctimonious opinion, but sets a poor example.
    An environmental hypocrite.
    There are plenty of athlete influencers of both sexes who have our respect, Cody being a prime example.
    There are reasons why he doesn't have a thread like this about him.
    He and others like him set high bars and good examples.
    cg and bl do the opposite.
    This isn't about misogyny and made up standards.
    It's about walking the talk and setting good examples if one wants respect as an influencer.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Did Arcade’s revenue drop in 2020?

PPP was great for businesses forced to shutdown like daycares and restaurants, but I’m having a tough time seeing how 13 office types in Tahoe who could work from home for a business that didn’t have to shut down we’re really in that much trouble. You’ve admitted you’ve added employees post pandemic so I doubt you were in danger of closing up shop.

Everyone saw what happened afterwards. 9 out of 10 businesses were just fine and kept on trucking. That’s why they consider PPP a scam.

Perfectly legal mind you though. So honestly you’d have been a fool not to take it, but don’t act like it didn’t help you and the company much more than the employees.
    As others are echoing, sheesh dude. I don’t know why we have to hash this out for everyone that can’t think about it for a few seconds. We are a retail business. 90% of our products are sold in an actual store. Remember the first two months of the pandemic? Everything was closed save grocery stores and pharmacies. We had nearly zero revenue and our online revenue was so minimal it may have paid for a small percentage of one month of rent. No one knew what was gonna happen, no one was buying anything and nobody knew when normal would return…guess what, it still hasn’t. Everyone was beyond freaked out. We had a couple months of runway, a lease to pay, major bills to pay, debts to service, warehouse fees, saas bills and of course employees to pay. If revenue didn’t return, blammo, time to close ten years of work and kick a dozen plus well paying jobs in Tahoe to the curb forever.

Yeah we’ve done better since 2020, but because for some reason everyone wants to go outside now. But we wouldn’t have survived without PPP.

People really forget what it was like those first two months of the pandemic, how close everyone was to beyond permanently fucked. We used PPP exactly as it was intended, to keep a small business afloat and employees jobs secure.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    our warehouse and all 4 retail bike/ski shops were open the entire time and we sold an assload of bike stuff during lockdown
    just not your belts for whatever reason.
    so maybe your pandemic experiences doesnt echo others
    much like i dont know anyone who thinks choady and the poor victim of her own making represent what the hokies poikes are about
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

AdrionRider, I don't understand how you can be so ignorant as an accountant. I really really really hope you don't work for any business unless you are just the background guy who runs the numbers and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    our warehouse and all 4 retail bike/ski shops were open the entire time and we sold an assload of bike stuff during lockdown
    just not your belts for whatever reason.
    so maybe your pandemic experiences doesnt echo others
    much like i dont know anyone who thinks choady and the poor victim of her own making represent what the hokies poikes are about
    Wow! Not even for a couple weeks at the beginning? Utah is one hell of a place!

Jackson shut down completely for 6 weeks. I laid off my employees w full pay for 6 weeks. I had one payroll cycle left when my PPP came through.

Wait, except for construction, none shut down and all took PPP, so free labor for the contractors.

Cody is right, we are just arguing over the second boiled potato.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Wow! Not even for a couple weeks at the beginning? Utah is one hell of a place!

Jackson shut down completely for 6 weeks. I laid off my employees w full pay for 6 weeks. I had one payroll cycle left when my PPP came through.

Wait, except for construction, none shut down and all took PPP, so free labor for the contractors.

Cody is right, we are just arguing over the second boiled potato.
    X 10....

People really forget what it was like those first two months of the pandemic, how close everyone was to beyond permanently fucked. We used PPP exactly as it was intended, to keep a small business afloat and employees jobs secure.
    No need to even waste your time explaining this to people who have such a problem with their memories or lack thereof. I took $13K in PPP for my small business, did it by the regulations and it was forgiven. Anyone doesn't like it can fuck right off.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

I think the outrage was/is more directed at BL, who took something like 45k, while also renovating his house and driving a 150k sprinter. No one is outraged about taking PPP for what it’s intended for.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Like I said before, the boot licking is strong in this thread.

Kind of aligns with the idea of blaming our environmental collapse on personal responsibility- the biggest scam of the past 50 years, or maybe ever.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It appears CG would have been much better off if, instead of taking out a $7300 PPP Loan, she would have charged some of you rent for the space she occupies in your brains

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    AdrionRider, I don't understand how you can be so ignorant as an accountant. I really really really hope you don't work for any business unless you are just the background guy who runs the numbers and that's it.
    Let me explain to you how this worked. Business stays open and pays employees. They are still making revenue and selling stuff. The outdoor industry did especially well mind you during lockdown. Now that business shows they made payroll and gets the loan forgiven, all while continuing to operate. The only requirement was proof of making payroll, and only a portion of it by the way. Where do you think that PPP money went then?

I made PPP happen for several businesses, all in a ski town. I know how this sausage was made and more often than not, it benefitted ownership far more than the employee. That’s all.

I wholeheartedly agree the anger is misplaced though. Influencers like CG deserve far more scorn than actual businesses making and selling stuff. CG just took the money and went on another trip.

I made PPP happen for several businesses, all in a ski town. I know how this sausage was made and more often than not, it benefitted ownership far more than the employee.
    So you're to blame too, eh scumbag?

jesus christ wtf?
    now that the shit is hitting the fan people are dragging up what person what business got ppp money two years ago
    bunch of cock suckers

then you shit on some chick and anyone else who has cultivated an online persona to further themselves in life
    I don't know who the fuck she is or anyone else you guys have chortled with your small cocks nor do I care but you all should be embarrased

so glad that the only social media I do is tgr and strava
    and yeah give me a call and see my van my toys my resort town house you can all suck my cock too I take free money and I do whatever the fuck I want with it turn me in
    all my paper work is spot on and I followed the rules perfectly
    do I need to post my twice a month irs payroll tax forms?

am I the only one working a half day on a sunday on a holiday weekend?
    exactly didn't think so

I quit one job after the owner continued to keep everyone working, fired the one guy who got sick, then em denied his unemployment and proceeded to buy toys. The whole PPP thing was just a bridge to far in a lot of ways.

Too quote Colonel Frank Slade(US Army Ret.), "Well I don't know who BL is but he sounds like a douche bag, fuck him too! " Oooohhah!!!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Let me explain to you how this worked. Business stays open and pays employees. They are still making revenue and selling stuff. The outdoor industry did especially well mind you during lockdown. Now that business shows they made payroll and gets the loan forgiven, all while continuing to operate. The only requirement was proof of making payroll, and only a portion of it by the way. Where do you think that PPP money went then?

I made PPP happen for several businesses, all in a ski town. I know how this sausage was made and more often than not, it benefitted ownership far more than the employee. That’s all.

I wholeheartedly agree the anger is misplaced though. Influencers like CG deserve far more scorn than actual businesses making and selling stuff. CG just took the money and went on another trip.
    I got two PPP loans for my business - so you don't have tell me how PPP's work. Cody's response to you shows how little capacity you have for knowing what small companies face day-to-day and it's struggles financially, shutdown or no - if you don't understand how bad your posts make you look as an accountant, I'm not surprised at all.