Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    How is that ^^^^ a fair comparison? Arcade Belts has employees, 35 according to google.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Cody T…384k. WTF
    Attachment 420495
    Wouldn't Arcade have actual employees though? Not sure if 384k is appropriate but I don't know how big they are. Arcade is at least a real company and not an lcc someone made to claim losses on their taxes for travels for their social media channels.

Im outraged!!

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

You guys should start water skiing. That I am aware of zero percent of pro waterskiers/wakeboarders acknowledge anthropogenic climate change. Please let me know if I am wrong. Mostly a maga crowd.

At least they aren't hypocrites like many of us. Hell, just back from the river burning some petro myself. I have to shut up now because I give up my rights to speak the truth about climate when I turn that key to pull my friend.

Also, CG might be annoying to some of you. Helicopter skiing or recreating with bombastic noisy jet powered machines in the Wasatch is super fucked to me because I hate rich assholes mostly but jumping all over her in a post for burning petro during her wedding in a heli seems disingenuous and opportunistic. We all fucking shit into the air and we mostly all suck at climate mitigation every single day.

At least she is brave enough to not give a fuck what people think in a state that is going to go out of its way to suppress woman's rights very soon.

Just ignore her if you don't like her. I read her posts. Sometimes I cringe and move on without giving her any love. She is just a girl from Rochester MN doing cool shit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Fuck those fuckers too
    So, who was to decide what occupations/businesses were worthy of loans?
    Our five person company making equipment to grow weed at scale got $100k. Is that better or worse than a company that makes, say, belts? How about a professional musician? A two person architectural firm? Sole CPA? Massage therapist? Stripper?

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    by posting content of them doing their thing in the outdoors- if anything they were able to continue their livliehoods better than most during the pandemic.

A luxury, most Americans didnt have.

Its apparent Gleich and Leven are criminals and need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
    Please explain what laws were broken.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    There was a limited amount of money for PPP loans, and many businesses struggled to get money. If influencers we're using that money to support trips to Antarctica or to build sprinter vans, while other legitimate businesses struggled to have money for their payroll, that is fucked up.
    Shit oh dear, our company was in a federally illegal industry, didn’t have a commercial banking relationship (because we were in cannabis), and had to convert all of our people from Independent Contractor status to employees, and we still got a $100k loan. The process was an intelligence test.

Loan recipients had to document/certify that the money was spent on compensation, rent and utilities, and couldn’t be more than recent history. There were no loan proceeds for comp in excess of $8333/person/mo. And employees/contractors paid taxes on that income.

Accusing people of fraud is serious shit. If you know Gleich cheated on her loan you should provide the proof to SBA and get a bounty on her fraud.

The whole PPP program was thrown together at warp speed. It had a shitload of problems but it did the job of keeping the economy from cratering.

Y’all’s getting so wound up over this is funny. TGR is my sole social media outlet, so I guess I don’t get influenced by Instagrammers, Facefuckers or Twittertwats.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    at least those corporations employ thousands and contribute tens of millions to the economy in addition to actually producing something tangible/ beneficial
    Entertainment is tangible. Ask Disney, for example. Hell, ask TGR. Not sure why Gleich et al are somehow different.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Entertainment is tangible. Ask Disney, for example. Hell, ask TGR. Not sure why Gleich et al are somehow different.
    I just gave Blister membership money because their podcasts and buying guide helped keep my head out of the gutter the last couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

There were many legit uses of federal moneys during the pandemic to tide people and businesses over. There will always be some debatable and questionable uses, but then there are also clearly egregious excesses and those deserve to be called out. Illegitimate, egregious excesses, particularly when it came to "loans" that were forgiven, should be called out when they were perpetrated by public figures that rely on positive perception and public good will to fuel their careers!

I absolutely think there is a HUGE difference between PPP for a business that produces things or offers a service to others, and giving and forgiving PPP loans to individual public figure entertainers, whether they are extremely privileged "influencer" skiers or extremely wealthy hollywood singers. There was no test? No legal test apparently?

There IS a moral test.

I am at least as entitled to that opinion as anyone else in this thread as someone who worked his ass off the whole fucking pandemic, didn't see any OT pay, my salary adjusted to hourly was about minimum wage for a good chunk of it, and yet I didn't get a single dime of pandemic money, unless you count having my fed SLs paused.

So I worked my ass off and my taxes paid for Kayne and Caroline's excess. I resent their abuse. I will judge them and those like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It is very fair to think she shouldn't have gotten the cash and hopefully we all will work to effect policy changes that makes our government more capable of parsing the details in complicated times.

I think resenting her for it is a waste of brain space. Get real. Nobody here has actually been victimized by CG taking that money. A victim of your own disgust for her. That isn't her fault.

Maybe she'll take up our alarming blame everyone else victim culture as her next cause?

Edit to add...I haven't read the article so my perspective isn't as round as it should be. Fan of Mike Rogge. Need to subscribe to MG for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I think resenting her for it is a waste of brain space.
    Resent? I'm not spending much mental energy on it, just mentally placing her and the many others like her in the "shithead leech" category.

Nobody here has actually been victimized by CG taking that money. A victim of your own disgust for her. That isn't her fault.
    Defrauding the taxpayer is such a victimless crime, whether legal or moral.

No victims! Not in the taxpayers who did and will continue to pay for the aggregate of CG, KW, etc, or those denied needed benefit because the money went where it shouldn't.

Are you joking?

That is even weaker than "don't hate the playa, hate the game" to which the answer has always been: it is legitimate and respectable to find both the playa and the game detestable.

I'm arguing from a point of weakness because I don't know all the facts here. Sounds like she took the money for her business. We can argue all day if that was a legit moral use as you seem to argue it isnt but it doesn't sound illegal.

I guess I'm more interested in going after the policy that let this happen than holding a grudge against CG. If it was illegal then that is completely different.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

CG is getting all the heat but the other people named in that article are worse. IE: That Utah IG account showed Meg Haywood Sullivan, a photographer friend of Caroline’s, got over 25k in PPP loans forgiven (no idea why) and during that time: got a Harvard online degree. That’s some fucked up shit.
    Brody: he renovated his house and got some suped up van and got a 50k loan, also forgiven.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 07-02-2022 at 11:44 AM.

I was wondering how everyone got so rich during the pandemic!

Is the article decent?

I shouldn't have read this. I know it doesn't matter, but for some reason this just makes my blood boil.

Just subscribed to MG. Better not to walk through life blind and ignorant.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Oh and billionaires pay their taxes: the top 1% pay 40% of the taxes.
    As they fkn well should since the net worth of the top 10% of households makes up over 75% of the total wealth in the US — the top 1% owns 40%.

Without delay or hesitation CG posts a response.

She claims to be a victim of a MG attack. Everyone is a victim here. That much seems certain.

Don't get me started on gas prices.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhJFYvL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And Cody

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8909.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	420510

I like Rogge, but he has it out for POW for some reason and this feels like a hit piece not nuanced journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Without delay or hesitation CG posts a response.

She claims to be a victim of a MG attack. Everyone is a victim here. That much seems certain.

Don't get me started on gas prices.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhJFYvL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    So, is it also a micro Aggression against brody leven because he is uhmm....a white male idiot and idiots should be revered in our society?

Because even thinking about him receiving any money makes me want to give him macro Aggressions.

Edit: jfc I knew these people were entitled and obnoxious and that's why I ignore them as best as I can, but reading that made me want to become a Pick up truck driving, gun slinging climate change denying Redneck just to annoy them.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

I like Rogge, but he has it out for POW for some reason and this feels like a hit piece not nuanced journalism.
    Who wrote the article?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How is that ^^^^ a fair comparison? Arcade Belts has employees, 35 according to google.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    And Cody

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8909.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	420510
    That’s a large discrepancy. I was wondering how Arcade would have 35 employees though

MG to get the current issue and 2 more issues is $95. That is steep as fuck.

CG says you are obviously a sexist who hates women in the mountains if you have a problem with her government handouts and you need to check your biases . She claims she only got $7K

Is that so per MG? I tried to look her up, but didn't find her.

I looked up POW and they got $107K all forgiven.

https://projects.propublica.org/coro...ers-7306037106

Arcade Belts claims 12 employees and 194K, not sure where that social post got $384k? And how is PPP for a manufacturing business anything but intended use? No proof of diverted funds?

https://projects.propublica.org/coro...inc-5725407203
    Last edited by summit; 07-02-2022 at 11:17 PM.

I say hang 'em if they got this money fraudulently, but not sure why we should assume that's the case. Gleich to at least some extent relies on travel (e.g. her Everest trip) for her business. She couldn't travel for a long period and we have to assume that affected her business. Rachel Pohl is an artist so presumably she does shows, etc. that would have been hugely affected by Covid. Their large social media following is part of their legitimate business regardless of what anyone thinks.

But I don't like brody leven! Stop the steal! Stop the steal!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Is it possible to like anyone with the name "Brody?" Come on!