Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Cool. No ill will to you personally or judgement at large for that. Just wanted to call the action out for what it was to hopefully nip that trend in the bud. Good on ya for owning up to it mang. I try to do the same with myself.
    Thanks for that. I've worked on environmental compliance issues for 20+ years (and a lot of habitat / game management and water quality stuff before that) for both public / private sector including my own business and it's a pretty thankless fucking job at times so I get a bit touchy. I've been yelled at, spit at, dealt with dickhead developers that I refused to retain as a client even though they paid well and on time because they wouldn't play by the rules, been physically threatened, seen massive stupidity and hypocrisy within my own agency, and have had a huge amount of stress over it in general. But like I said earlier in the thread, I'm a hypocrite too. I meant no disrespect, and stupid shit like the above is why I really shouldn't drink.

We're all about nips and buds after all.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Someone say buds??

Don't forget the nips.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Don't forget the nips.
    This is TGR. It's not possible to forget those.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Recently Cody Townsend has been annoying me with his hiking posts. He goes hiking up Squaw every day with gallons of water and then just POURING IT OUT on top in a state dealing with drought. If he really cared about the environment, he’d pee in those containers (and collect more from friends every day) and dump that instead. Less toilet flushing that way, too. Such a waste..

Edit: whoops just saw Alkas post, ignore this you filthy hypocrites. My bad.
    Last edited by muted; 10-03-2019 at 03:12 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ya know the choice of whether to spend the coin and put solar on the crib
    or to climb everast to bring earthy wokeness and equaility to all
    was a real easy one for me

and it don't bother me that that someone called my work to tell them I was being a meanyhead on tgr
    my spanser doesn't care
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Caroline has done more to create positive change environmentally than probably any one person here and enough to off set yearly heli and plane trips...)
    Nope...

The level of "pro-skier" elitism is high in this one.

Sweet, the 666 post is a yawner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 7.47.06 AM.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	296275
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Nope...

The level of "pro-skier" elitism is high in this one.
    Why put pro-skier in quotes? Is she somehow not a pro skier because you don't approve of her?

She's paid to be on skis. Deal with it.

I'm reading a dig at Cody in that post.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Not sure what the issue is here as I haven't read all 18 pages, but if Cody wants to go heli skiing with Caroline Gleich and his wife is cool with it, I don't see why anyone here should have a problem with it.

On the topic of the environment, has Arcade ever considered making belts and suspenders out of algae based polymers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I'm reading a dig at Cody in that post.
    Cody's a nice guy so I don't think anything will come of it. Ian Mc, on the other hand, would bust that dude up good. Kirby would be out cold in a dumpster in Pemberton right now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Do I have to do it. Yeah, I do. Doing it is part of how I can afford to live while keeping a job that is insanely competitive, has little to no job security and currently no 401k program.
    Plenty of other jobs out there.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Not sure what the issue is here as I haven't read all 18 pages, but if Cody wants to go heli skiing with Caroline Gleich and his wife is cool with it, I don't see why anyone here should have a problem with it.

On the topic of the environment, has Arcade ever considered making belts and suspenders out of algae based polymers?

Cody's a nice guy so I don't think anything will come of it. Ian Mc, on the other hand, would bust that dude up good. Kirby would be out cold in a dumpster in Pemberton right now.
    On the topic of Arcade, we're currently testing swapping our entire line with environmentally friendly materials. It's been a pain in the ass with a lot of sketchy promises and supply chain opacity but I will say with companies like Patagonia leading the charge, it's getting easier to get to better solutions on that side of things. I won't say exactly what we're doing but we've got numerous products in test on this front.

Great. Good luck Cody. I volunteer to test your first plankton based belt. I'm a 36.

See here. If everyone just concentrates on their own shit that they control like Cody, and worries less about trying to expose a chink in someone else's armor, this stuff will get done. And without all the drama.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I got an ocean plastics guy, guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Calling employers to settle e-spew is not cool.

It's much more difficult than the Western pop-environmentalists suggest. Cutting global emissions in 2020 means people suffering. I've yet to hear an instaface narci-vironmentalist address this paradox. Lots of evidence of them not even following their own code though.
    This is where I disagree. Lots of people tend to look at environmentalism from the angle of cut, reduce, and restrict. I tend to look at it from the invest, develop and incentivize angle. Look how WWII and the New Deal radically transformed the American landscape and economy. It wasn't from telling people to cut back or reduce. It was from a massive top down investment in infrastructure. The same goes for changing an economy centered on fossil fuel based energy. Gas prices are abnormally low in this country compared to the rest of the developed world. Why? Because the gov't subsidizes it to stay low. Same goes for most energy. Get the people in charge to swap subsidizing fossil fuel energy and invest heavily in solar, wind and whatever other sustainable energy source they can get their hands on, then suddenly it's more expensive to rely on fossil fuels and cheaper for everyday Americans to switch to green energy. There has to be an economic incentive for people to go green. If there isn't, then everything will stay the same.

To me, this argument that we will suddenly all individually voluntarily reduce our carbon footprint out of this mess is a bong induced pipe dream. To have to cut, reduce and restrict our way out would probably cause suffering, from minor annoyance level suffering to starvation level suffering.

Minor historical difference to my knowledge:

The New Deal didn't require stopping massive economic productivity across a wide swath of industries. I can't think of an analogue to stopping fossil fuel production or its many downstream economic impacts that happened during the New Deal.

I agree with the general sentiment that it needs to be government led, incentivized switch. And that our current incentive systems are all jacked up.

Pretending this isn't going to hurt many (and be a huge win for many many more!) during the transition is misguided IMHO. That doesn't mean don't do it. It just means, we've got to help those communities that are devistated by the economic loss of fossil fuel industries.

Exactly.
    My wife and I do all kinds of crazy shit to conserve water etc. and yet there’s this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1679.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	296300

Turning the water off while I brush my teeth basically has no effect.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

On the topic of Arcade, we're currently testing swapping our entire line with environmentally friendly materials. It's been a pain in the ass with a lot of sketchy promises and supply chain opacity but I will say with companies like Patagonia leading the charge, it's getting easier to get to better solutions on that side of things. I won't say exactly what we're doing but we've got numerous products in test on this front.
    arent a lot of pattagucci things made from recycled plastics? Aren't we seeing a lot of these "microplastics" in our oceans? I've read they come from washing the clothing and the micro beads coming off in the wash and expelling with the waste water. Has pattgucci and Arcade change to not using recycled plastics?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Exactly.
    My wife and I do all kinds of crazy shit to conserve water etc. and yet there’s this:

Turning the water off while I brush my teeth basically has no effect.
    let me guess, next thing you're going to tell us is your boycott of plastic straws is meaningless? you have no future on the 'gram.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Great. Good luck Cody. I volunteer to test your first plankton based belt. I'm a 36.
    So if I get lost in the mountains I can eat my belt instead of my partner?
    Brilliant 👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    So if I get lost in the mountains I can eat my belt instead of my partner?
    Brilliant ������
    well, sure. but then your pants will fall down.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    arent a lot of pattagucci things made from recycled plastics? Aren't we seeing a lot of these "microplastics" in our oceans? I've read they come from washing the clothing and the micro beads coming off in the wash and expelling with the waste water. Has pattgucci and Arcade change to not using recycled plastics?
    Microplastics come from a variety of sources, including from larger plastic debris that degrades into smaller and smaller pieces. In addition, microbeads, a type of microplastic, are very tiny pieces of manufactured polyethylene plastic that are added as exfoliants to health and beauty products, such as some cleansers and toothpastes. These tiny particles easily pass through water filtration systems and end up in the ocean and Great Lakes, posing a potential threat to aquatic life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    let me guess, next thing you're going to tell us is your boycott of plastic straws is meaningless? you have no future on the 'gram.
    Once I hash tagged about 10 different words, and the next day I had about 10 new followers. I thought that was pretty funny.

I did not post a picture of me in a harness naked.