Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

bunch of sour puss cunts in this thread

would bang caroline

my van is called the pp wagon
    pm me if you want to come take a look and tell me how I suck cock cause I wasted govt money on toys

I just left her a detailed voicemail explaining our collective outrage.

Truth is that most if not all professional gravity sports athletes cringe when folks like cg and brody spew.
    Same reasons that we all got a bad taste in our mouths.
    They're really wanna b's.
    That cg is from the Wasatch embarrasses me.
    She does not represent this community.
    There are scores of badass women round here making her look like the schoolchild she is.
    Not making no fuss bout it, and certainly not always saying "am too".

Latest cg gripe?
    Went to Denali and promoted going to the top from the 14 camp.
    When just this year the park service discouraged this practice due to many rescues.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Dude, you don’t speak for all of the Wasatch either, and definitely not all professional athletes. I happen to know quite a few pros in the Wasatch who like and/or have no problem with Caroline.

All of this just smacks of misogyny and sour grapes.

There are not professional action sport athletes these days that don’t do marketing for themselves, don’t take on sponsors, and don’t have big social media followings.

All you and others have done in this thread is bitch about a woman you don’t like with gatekeeping, moving goalposts, and made up standards that no professional would ever live up to.

If you don’t like it, don’t follow her. Nobody is forcing you to read her IG.

Might be time go post up her resume. She's still pretty young but she's racking up an assortment of various endurance accomplishments around tge globe. She's definitdly not blogging from the couch scarfing cheetos and doing her nails. Maybe xhe needs a big facial scar and a couple missing teeth for some real cred

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I like Rogge, but he has it out for POW for some reason and this feels like a hit piece not nuanced journalism.
    POW is shameless greenwashing horseshit

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    POW is shameless greenwashing horseshit
    So would you prefer the sport be like waterskiing? Zero pro athletes (that I know of) speaking out about climate change. No organizations dedicated to lobbying the government to protect our waterways which are also heavily impacted by climate.

POW has zero midwestern footprint afaik. That is my biggest complaint about that organization. As much as I identify with the intermountain west, I don't live there.

Your anger posts and unrelenting cynicism probably hasn't opened as many eyes as POW. Mostly my eyes, for example, are closed to you. Why do I care what someone who has shown contempt for me thinks? I don't. JJ on the other hand always makes me look. The couple interactions I have had with him have been respectful. POW is in your face and it keeps climate on the mind. So greenwashing or not, it is serving some purpose even if you feel it is just some pros excuse for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    So would you prefer the sport be like waterskiing? Zero pro athletes (that I know of) speaking out about climate change. No organizations dedicated to lobbying the government to protect our waterways which are also heavily impacted by climate.

POW has zero midwestern footprint afaik. That is my biggest complaint about that organization. As much as I identify with the intermountain west, I don't live there.

Your anger posts and unrelenting cynicism probably hasn't opened as many eyes as POW. Mostly my eyes, for example are closed to you. JJ on the other hand always makes me look. POW is in your face and it keeps climate on the mind. So greenwashing or not, it is serving some purpose even if you feel it is just some pros excuse for a job.
    POW does a disservice to anyone that cares about climate change by providing a very easy target for the cry of “hypocrisy”. They are easy to dismiss and have been for years. I’ve though that for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    POW does a disservice to anyone that cares about climate change by providing a very easy target for the cry of “hypocrisy”. They are a easy to dismiss and have been for years.
    That’s pretty weak criticism. They have different tactics than many enviro orgs, which you can debate the effectiveness of any of them, but I have never seen or heard them do anything I would classify as greenwashing.

That’s pretty weak criticism. They have different tactics than many enviro orgs, which you can debate the effectiveness of any of them, but I have never seen or heard them do anything I would classify as greenwashing.
    Of course you wouldn’t. pOW doesn’t exist in the Midwest because telling people “save the planet by staying at home in the flatlands and watching us have fun on video” sucks ass as a message.

edit: perhaps I’ve missed all the climate friendly things they done to teach people how to live and enjoy the outdoors and winter sports without doing the traditional shit.

I’ll say one thing: at least this goddamn rag of a magazine has people talking about quality writing in the ski industry again.

I don’t subscribe to the magazine, so here’s the question: is the article a biased look that just accuses and doesn’t offer any other points of view? Or is it a fairly written piece?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Cody T…384k. WTF
    Attachment 420495
    You're a fucking retard for even re-posting this. Cody is a co-founder of that company (Arcade) here in Tahoe and they have at least a dozen employees if not more. That's 100% legit PPP. That has fuck all to do with his Fifty Project.

The bootlicking in this thread is strong.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You're a fucking retard for even re-posting this. Cody is a co-founder of that company (Arcade) here in Tahoe and they have at least a dozen employees if not more. That's 100% legit PPP. That has fuck all to do with his Fifty Project.

The bootlicking in this thread is strong.
    Agree, that is legit. I was wrong to repost that.

Agree, that is legit. I was wrong to repost that.
    It is what is wrong with the internet. This should be a discussion with answers still undiscovered. It is why this topic is so interesting. Cody is so cool, I'd be super hard pressed to throw shade at him for any reason unless I really knew he fucked up.

I think we need to ask ourselves why it is so easy to throw shade at CG.

And I know I am missing facts that can't be spoken online. Living in the boondocks. Not part of these communities.

It is what is wrong with the internet. This should be a discussion with answers still undiscovered. It is why this topic is so interesting. Cody is so cool, I'd be super hard pressed to throw shade at him for any reason unless I really knew he fucked up.

I think we need to ask ourselves why it is so easy to throw shade at CG.

And I know I am missing facts that can't be spoken online. Living in the boondocks. Not part of these communities.
    If you look above, I actually said CG shouldn’t be getting as much thrown at her than others. But I think she really gets under people’s skin, not because she’s a woman but because of her smug, preachy attitude. I don’t give a shit but this whole thing is pretty eye opening. It’s a microcosm of a very fucked up money grab.

If you don’t like it, don’t follow her. Nobody is forcing you to read her IG.
    This argument evaporated the second they decided to apply for tax dollars to fund their luxury adventure lifestyle. Our money, our problem.

But I think she really gets under people’s skin, not because she’s a woman but because of her smug, preachy attitude.
    Bingo. Man or woman, people with her attitude are irritating.

If you look above, I actually said CG shouldn’t be getting as much thrown at her than others. But I think she really gets under people’s skin, not because she’s a woman but because of her smug, preachy attitude. I don’t give a shit but this whole thing is pretty eye opening. It’s a microcosm of a very fucked up money grab.
    You missed my point and then made a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Bingo. Man or woman, people with her attitude are irritating.
    Meh.

She irritates you guys so fuck her?

Just ignore her.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

You missed my point and then made a bad one.

Meh.

She irritates you guys so fuck her?

Just ignore her.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I do

I'm reveling in the fact that I have no idea what this is about.

I don't twitter, so can't read the links, nor do fb, tiktok and only peripherally poke at instagram.

With all the other more serious issues ongoing, I'm someplace between confused and amazed at concern for her.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So… not a CG fan but some of you all need to chill. As for Mountain Gazette, Rogge is a good dude and legit and he’s not looking to hate on anyone unless they deserve it. Subscribe to his mag, he’s in it for all the right reasons.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Glad some sense got into this thread regarding PPP funds and how they work with a company like Arcade. They worked exactly as intended as we had about two months of runway in April 2020 and then, 13 jobs in Tahoe lost permanently. So yeah, PPP saved our ass and our employees asses. Also, if I somehow diverted funds to my personal businesses like Summit Lunch for the Fifty, that would constitute as fraud and our loans wouldn’t have been forgiven. Interesting being on the prey side of an internet mob. First time! It’s not fun and holy fuck have I learned people are biased to throw a rock through your window before checking to see if it’s the right address. But yeah, that RMR guy, I’ve learned who he is and he’s got some deeply personal beef with a couple Utah influencers that’s bled out to hating just about anyone with an blue check in the outdoors, so definitely don’t trust that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    That’s a large discrepancy. I was wondering how Arcade would have 35 employees though
    If you count all affiliated that work with Arcade, we’re probably around 100+. But if you count just in our office in Olympic Valley, 13. Maybe 14 or 15 now. But I don’t know because I am only involved on board level stuff these days. The pandemic was a bit different as it was all hands on deck to bail water though, that was the most stressful month of my life. It’s gnarly realizing you and your buddy who started the company are responsible for the livelihoods of a new mother whose husband was just laid off and they just bought a new house and if we go under they’re fucked. So yeah, to PPP, it saved our asses right then.

^That is literally what PPP was for. Legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.