Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I could get up on my high horse and talk about the simple life I've lived and my very small carbon footprint but.......

We are all guilty and we are all fucked. I'm pretty sure the ski industry wouldn't function without capitalism and peoples drive to obtain wealth, the core of why humans keep hitting the gas as hard as they can towards societal collapse. At this point I'm fairly convinced it's our purpose to push the earth into it's next cycle and besides, we don't deserve to be here any longer anyways.

And those climate "protests" are bullshit too. We had a pretty good turn out one day here in Flagstaff, my daughter went with her school even but afterwards you could watch the majority of protesters get into their expensive cars and drive off. I don't think anyone is ready to make the sacrifices it would take to make an actual difference.

In the end, climate change is probably the best thing for the planet because what the Earth really needs is a massive die off to help clear it of it's human infestation.
    Agree with most of this.
    Problem is how many other species we are taking down with us...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I could get up on my high horse and talk about the simple life I've lived and my very small carbon footprint but.......

We are all guilty and we are all fucked. I'm pretty sure the ski industry wouldn't function without capitalism and peoples drive to obtain wealth, the core of why humans keep hitting the gas as hard as they can towards societal collapse. At this point I'm fairly convinced it's our purpose to push the earth into it's next cycle and besides, we don't deserve to be here any longer anyways.

And those climate "protests" are bullshit too. We had a pretty good turn out one day here in Flagstaff, my daughter went with her school even but afterwards you could watch the majority of protesters get into their expensive cars and drive off. I don't think anyone is ready to make the sacrifices it would take to make an actual difference.

In the end, climate change is probably the best thing for the planet because what the Earth really needs is a massive die off to help clear it of it's human infestation.
    They drove away in their cars... so what? That's such a short-sighted argument. Cars will all be electric soon so what matters is how we power them. And obviously even electric cars and their batteries have a negative impact, but it's still a move in the right direction compared to the last 150 years.

Liquid Air is a very interesting non battery grid storage process. Looks much better than batteries at this point. The best part is that it is all off the shelf technology that is allready used globally. Trained crews are already installing that kind of technology for LNG use. No learning curve, no waiting on "just around the corner" wishes, Just build the plant and start storing energy.

Look it up... it is very cool and available right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    They drove away in their cars... so what? That's such a short-sighted argument. Cars will all be electric soon so what matters is how we power them. And obviously even electric cars and their batteries have a negative impact, but it's still a move in the right direction compared to the last 150 years.
    You're right. My bad. Electric cars are going to fix everything.............
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I've never understood the hate towards her

You're right. My bad. Electric cars are going to fix everything.............
    Come on, not what I said at all. Don't engage in what-about-ism. You don't have to have zero carbon footprint to give a shit about the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Caroline just flew back from SLC to MN to follow her bike riding husband in a car for support. That’s a climate activist for you.
    AFTER jetsetting to DC to talk about climate change to congress, back to SLC, and off to MN.

As I've said, I have been a huge supporter of Carolines, but her hypocrisy is just insane lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    AFTER jetsetting to DC to talk about climate change to congress, back to SLC, and off to MN.

As I've said, I have been a huge supporter of Carolines, but her hypocrisy is just insane lately.
    She's even called herself on it....

The self righteousness smells in this thread of smug and straw.

Everyone needs to do something
    Most people need to do more
    Some people need to help others
    Nobody can do nothing
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I think Angel Collinson put it best...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2x6-vmpY1S/

On #climatestrike day I flew on a plane across the country, and remained silent. I read as people posted and spoke their minds. I felt guilt and shame of hypocrisy and falling short. I felt obligation to make a climate related statement and couldn’t even bring myself to do that. Didn’t seem like I should talk the talk when I wasn’t walking the walk...
    Then I went sailing to Hurricane Island in Maine and just sat with these feelings. It was ironic because I had an insanely magical weekend and the sailing outing brought me So. Much. Joy! Listening to an old sailor tell stories of circumnavigating the globe using the power of the wind, on the very boat we were on. .
    How do we balance joy and being a hypocrite? Where do we draw the line of self-enjoyment and complacency? How do we fuel our fires of passion in a sustainable way? I’m always pondering these questions. I’m not sure I’ll have an answer anytime soon... it seems to be an evolving dance.
    In the meantime, my biggest takeaway was that guilt and shame are NOT good fuel for positive action and motivation/inspiration. But joy and nature and fun with friends is. And here I am with the energy to post about my process and my struggles not from feeling bad but from feeling good. Do the means justify the ends? Who knows... but I know I love life. I love you! I love Mother Earth. I believe in the dance and I believe in solutions. I am more fueled for political action and using my voice and embracing my process and my flaws. Onward and upward .️ u!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    Liquid Air is a very interesting non battery grid storage process. Looks much better than batteries at this point. The best part is that it is all off the shelf technology that is allready used globally. Trained crews are already installing that kind of technology for LNG use. No learning curve, no waiting on "just around the corner" wishes, Just build the plant and start storing energy.

Look it up... it is very cool and available right now.
    Interdasting....

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...n-the-uk-grid/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenic_energy_storage
    Last edited by Dantheman; 09-25-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

Damn. Angel for the fucking win.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    She's even called herself on it....

The self righteousness smells in this thread of smug and straw.

Everyone needs to do something
    Most people need to do more
    Some people need to help others
    Nobody can do nothing
    Basically her entire "online persona" and social media accounts are non stop "save the planet" stop polluting, etc......then images of helis for photo ops and trips all over the world in rapid succession. More of the same "do as I say, not as I do" bullshit.

Don't base your entire existence around something and get all pissy when people call you out on your hypocrisy. I hope she sees this and becomes more aware of her activities, or at least has beeter sense what to post and what not to post.

Bet she has change for a nickel, too...

Angel fucking rips. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Bet she has change for a nickel, too...
    A good girlscout should carry 5 pennies at all times
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Angel fucking rips. That's all.
    QFT [/thread]

A good girlscout should carry 5 pennies at all times
    yeahman, a Montana mag, has 5 pennies taped to his helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Yeahman is a good girlscout!

Do the girlscouts have a dank elk sausage badge? Maybe its a browny badge? Unless Angel steps up with an elk steak (organic, free range, ethically harvested by walking from her front door and dispatced with a spear) I think Caroline G will win and so will the terrorists
    Bunny Don't Surf

Hopefully they're evenly distributed for obvious reasons.

Those are for bribing the speed police bro. Guys are crooked af.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Basically her entire "online persona" and social media accounts are non stop "save the planet" stop polluting, etc......then images of helis for photo ops and trips all over the world in rapid succession. More of the same "do as I say, not as I do" bullshit.

Don't base your entire existence around something and get all pissy when people call you out on your hypocrisy. I hope she sees this and becomes more aware of her activities, or at least has beeter sense what to post and what not to post.
    Your lenses are tinted....

I'm not saying there isn't hypocrisy there, she calls herself out on it...

But, the lens in which you view this only sees one side....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I choose chromapop brown
    Brightens colors and eliminates glare
    Bunny Don't Surf

Social feed today clogged with pro skiers/mountain bikers at the Climate Strike protests. Many of these folks will be flying around the continent to promote ski films (in which they flew around the world) designed to sell consumer goods for a sport that affluent folks in the western world fly around the world to participate in.

Respect to Angel for her post and more need to acknowledge this. I see Michelle Parker promoting a ski trip to Antarctica, not any kind of expedition, but one you can pay to join on. What's the carbon footprint of that?

The biggest problem I have is when you see these folks flying around for surf trips in the offseason (need to unwind from being a pro skier), flying to Europe for product meetings, flying around North America to mountain bike instead of riding at home.

The lack of self awareness is astonishing with some of these athletes. I give full respect to Greg Hill and Chris Rubens who have been walking the walk and setting an example of personal actions that can be taken to reduce your carbon footprint while still enjoying the sport you love.

Fully agree raising awareness is important... but some self reflection is needed here for so many of these athletes, again, your entire job is selling consumer goods in a sport affluent people enjoy so that you can enjoy the travel/sport lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Social feed today clogged with pro skiers/mountain bikers at the Climate Strike protests. Many of these folks will be flying around the continent to promote ski films (in which they flew around the world) designed to sell consumer goods for a sport that affluent folks in the western world fly around the world to participate in.

Respect to Angel for her post and more need to acknowledge this. I see Michelle Parker promoting a ski trip to Antarctica, not any kind of expedition, but one you can pay to join on. What's the carbon footprint of that?

The biggest problem I have is when you see these folks flying around for surf trips in the offseason (need to unwind from being a pro skier), flying to Europe for product meetings, flying around North America to mountain bike instead of riding at home.

The lack of self awareness is astonishing with some of these athletes. I give full respect to Greg Hill and Chris Rubens who have been walking the walk and setting an example of personal actions that can be taken to reduce your carbon footprint while still enjoying the sport you love.

Fully agree raising awareness is important... but some self reflection is needed here for so many of these athletes, again, your entire job is selling consumer goods in a sport affluent people enjoy so that you can enjoy the travel/sport lifestyle.
    Well put.

Hilarious:
    “The biggest problem I have is when you see these folks flying around for surf trips in the offseason (need to unwind from being a pro skier)”

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Your lenses are tinted....

I'm not saying there isn't hypocrisy there, she calls herself out on it...

But, the lens in which you view this only sees one side....
    She "sorta" calls herself out on it, but hardly came out admitting her clear stupidity posting wedding pics she took a private heli to get.

Gramboh well put. That's exactly the point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app