Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    When she was eight or so, Angel proclaimed that she was gonna be an environmental attorney and help save the planet. Who ever knew what they wanted to do with their life? Specially at eight. We were living at Snowbird 3 seasons and a van / backpacks during the summer. Seeing environmental change first hand. She stuck with that proclamation through childhood and earned an academic scholarship to the U putting in two years towards her goal before her brother showed her footage from women's free ride comps. We knew that she could make some good money while being a full time student.
    Rest is history.
    Professional skiing was not her choice. It chose her.
    And Benneke? The disingenuousness of getting out of a helicopter to earn her living? Ate her up.
    POW's conflict of interest? Ate her up.
    After being on a sailboat with Pete the last year she said to me: "I'm as happy as I've ever been".
    Music to a fog's ears.
    Some heli athletes have gone mostly foot powered the last few years.
    Cody and Bjarne obviously have my respect for their style.
    Mac and Griffin as well. Sure I'm missing others.
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 07-07-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

TFW, I'm jealous of the upbringing you provided for your kids and I'm also jealous of the other influencers mentioned, thats what makes the topic so salacious. Given the careers your kids chose (or "chose them") you calling out CG for a single heli ride feels like punching down.

From my perspective I don't see much difference between Cody and CG, both travel extensively to do human-powered ski activities funded by corporate sponsorship while paying lip service to environmental causes. Their audiences are a little different but the bottom line is their both great skiers and make cool ski content.

I just read the recent shitshow of this thread. A few ppp points, if cg got a $7500
    Loan it means she makes $40,000ish a year. Not much for an influencer. The first ppp round were all forgiven if you applied for forgiveness if you were the only employee. 2nd round you had to show a loss in a quarter.
    There were 108,000 companies that received 10 million dollars. Banks that dispersed them got a cut. Who the fuck cates about $7500. Bunch of whiny bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post

From my perspective I don't see much difference between Cody and CG, both travel extensively to do human-powered ski activities funded by corporate sponsorship while paying lip service to environmental causes. Their audiences are a little different but the bottom line is their both great skiers and make cool ski content.
    delivery
    delivery
    delivery

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    delivery
    delivery
    delivery
    exactly
    exactly
    exactly

I can't expand on this point like I want to without ripping on CG so I'll just leave it at that.

If the actions are largely the same, you just like one style of delivery better, that’s not a moral failing, that’s just a matter of taste. You would never get mad that a Thai restaurant is successful just because you like pizza better.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If the actions are largely the same, you just like one style of delivery better, that’s not a moral failing, that’s just a matter of taste. You would never get mad that a Thai restaurant is successful just because you like pizza better.
    i don't like fake food when I go to a restaurant. I want a real meal. And I never agreed to actions are largely the same, ha.

You guys just won't get the big picture here will you?

I am posting in this very important thread.
    swing your fucking sword.

I know part of it is the messaging, but is there also an element that maybe CG doesn't have the skiing chops that some others do who get less attention, and that is a bit off putting? Just curious.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

I think you guys need to cut Brody some slack, I mean, how couldn't he remodel his kitchen? It's unusable.

PS, he's never eaten meat in his entire life, he really wants you to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I am posting in this very important thread.
    It's imperative that we do.

I think I'm getting too old to give a damn about anything connected to "pro skiers" at this point.

Does this kid make enough money to actually live off of her skiing and social media efforts or is money not that much of a worry that she can have a fun "pro skier" hobby?

I took a look at her instagram out of curiosity and she doesn't have that many followers.

I also looked at Youtubers, how much they get paid from x amount of views on their videos etc and you gotta be getting a massive shit ton of views to make it just sort of profitable. Like millions of views on most uploads to make that van payment work and still eat. It doesn't really look worth the effort imho unless money is already a non issue.

I think that's great for them but I'm not going to get emotional in any way over wtf they're doing, I got real problems.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I also looked at Youtubers, how much they get paid from x amount of views on their videos etc and you gotta be getting a massive shit ton of views to make it just sort of profitable. Like millions of views on most uploads to make that van payment work and still eat. It doesn't really look worth the effort imho unless money is already a non issue. .
    Can't speak for the pro skiers but I make $500-1,000 a month from YT for 100,000-200,000 views/month. So if you were getting a million views a month you could make a decent amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Can't speak for the pro skiers but I make $500-1,000 a month from YT for 100,000-200,000 views/month. So if you were getting a million views a month you could make a decent amount of money.
    This is interesting to me. What’s your niche? How-to videos?

Needlepoint.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This is interesting to me. What’s your niche? How-to videos?
    Yep, boring DIY shit.

If the actions are largely the same
    Uh, are they though? Not that it really matters, but...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

@Yeahman.... You could be a real slut and post some links here. I would click just to toss you some views.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Uh, are they though? Not that it really matters, but...
    Someone said Cody and CG were basically the same, and two people said the difference was her delivery. I wasn’t making that assertion, just seemed like that’s what they were saying.

FTR I don’t have a problem with either, but it’s a losing battle to try and assign values to people you don’t know to win an argument with some other person you don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    @Yeahman.... You could be a real slut and post some links here. I would click just to toss you some views.
    Nah, just keep it on the tease-level. Better that way, but DM it people ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I hear he makes the real cash with his only fans site.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Needlepoint.
    I actually know a fellow who works part time because his wife makes so much from crochet videos. Couldn’t believe it

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I actually know a fellow who works part time because his wife makes so much from crochet videos. Couldn’t believe it
    Damn. I wish my wife knew how to crochet

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I can't even follow this thread, it's all over the place. But it constantly makes me think of this comic.

Everyone is up in arms and directing tons of vitriol because someone got something they shouldn't have (arguably). Meanwhile, the oligarchs love this shit, they work hard to stir it up, because it makes people focus on the wrong things. And yes, I'm well aware that you can have space in your brain to hate the oligarchs and hate the people you think didn't deserve a PPP loan (or deserve to have it forgiven). But you're fooling yourself if you think arguing about these crumbs (because that's what they are, crumbs) doesn't benefit the real culprits of our fucked up system.

Attachment 420598
    ^^^
    [/thread]
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Someone said Cody and CG were basically the same, and two people said the difference was her delivery. I wasn’t making that assertion, just seemed like that’s what they were saying.

FTR I don’t have a problem with either, but it’s a losing battle to try and assign values to people you don’t know to win an argument with some other person you don’t know.
    Basically all we are trying to say is the way Caroline comes off to the casual observer is way different than Cody does. Not even asserting their style or content is supposed to be targeting the same audience, though I do find one to be more preachy/nagging than the other even if I agree with the overall message.

If that concept is lost on you after watching content produced by each… idk man.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Basically all we are trying to say is the way Caroline comes off to the casual observer is way different than Cody does. Not even asserting their style or content is supposed to be targeting the same audience, though I do find one to be more preachy/nagging than the other even if I agree with the overall message.

If that concept is lost on you after watching content produced by each… idk man.
    No, you’re saying YOU think the way she comes off is different. And that’s a YOU problem. The gate keeping/tone police trope is a classic way to dismiss people who don’t fit the traditional types of people in an industry. CG objectively has a very impressive resume, and objectively people want to hear what she has to say based on her following and sponsors. Nobody is telling you you have to listen, but nobody on this thread gets to say who “belongs” or is “worthy”